James Patterson Books

Old 07-25-2010, 03:08 PM

I love love love both James Patterson and John Sandford. James Patterson has two different series, The Alex Cross series and the Women's Murder Club series. The first in the Alex Cross series is "Along Came a Spider"...the first in the women's Murder Club series is "1st to Die".

And John Sandford has the Lucas Davenport series (he's my favorite fictional hero!!) and they all take place in Minnesota. The first book in this series is "Rules of Prey".... I just finished "Phantom Prey" the 18th in the series and I think there are still two more that I haven't gotten to yet.

Happy reading!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/p/james-patterson/
this site is great. lists all his books and lots of others.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
I normally read Stephen King and Dean Koontz books, but I've read through most of them in the library and am ready to move on.

I've heard that James Patterson is similar to King and Koontz, but I do not know where to begin. Does he have series or are his books just pretty random without sequels/etc?

Let me know what some of his good books are or if you have other suggestions of different authors. Thanks!
I like his Women Murder Club series.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:03 PM

I love dean knootz and also have read most of his works. I have recently started reading Charlaine Harris books. Specifically the Sookie Stackhouse series (its a vampire series that the HBO show True Blood is based off) But she has some other series, mystery series and the lead character are women. She is a southern writer so she has lots of quaint southern phrases. I have really enjoyed her works and she is easy to read.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
I love dean knootz and also have read most of his works. I have recently started reading Charlaine Harris books. Specifically the Sookie Stackhouse series (its a vampire series that the HBO show True Blood is based off) But she has some other series, mystery series and the lead character are women. She is a southern writer so she has lots of quaint southern phrases. I have really enjoyed her works and she is easy to read.
Oh, yes the Sookie books are good. Fast reading and enjoyable. This Vampire fiction has become very popular, but not all of it is good. Same with the tv series. "Moonlight " was very good ,but did not survive the writers strike of a couple of years ago.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:27 PM

I keep replying, cause I keep remembering other stuff. Jeffery Deaver's "Lincoln Rhyme " series is VERY good if you like forensic type books or TV shows ( CSI, Bones, Etc.). He also has a few other series and they are all good.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Okay, I have another author that is very good. Jer name is Jodi Picoult and I have loved all her books except for one called "Picture Perfect" It wasn't that it was awfull, it just wasn't up to her usual standards.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by katiebear1
Originally Posted by kristen0112
Oh, yes the Sookie books are good. Fast reading and enjoyable. This Vampire fiction has become very popular, but not all of it is good. Same with the tv series. "Moonlight " was very good ,but did not survive the writers strike of a couple of years ago.
I loved Moonlight. They play reruns on Scfi channel but there are so few episodes. Too bad that channel didn't pick up the series.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 PM

also try Janet Evanovitch's series with Stephanie Plum..really funny and enjoyable reads every one.

I also love Patterson, Sanford, etc. Can't get into King.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 PM

James Patterson is my favorite author. Start at the beginning of the Alex Cross series. You can find out the order of them from his web site.

Second favorite is Jonathan Kellerman. The Alex Delaware series is where to start. His wife, Faye, is also a great writer. The Peter Decker series is fun.

Dean Koontz is a little far out for me but have enjoyed the ones I've read.