James Patterson Books

Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

I'm bookmarking this thread and going to the library tomorrow. :-D :-D :-D
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 PM

Oh thank you everyone.. I love a good book.. I read every day.. or every night I should say. Nothing like a good book.. but I sometimes run out of authors that I know..

I've been known to go to the library and just walk up and down looking.. I look for an author that has a bunch of books there. Not the best way to find a new author, but my thinking is, if there are a whole line of books by the same person, other people must think they're good.. I have found some really good new authors that way.

I've read all of James Patterson I can find,
Robin Cook,
Clive Cussler, who wrote Artic Drift and Medusa, many many others,
P.D. James,
Robert Parker, good writer
James Lee Burke,
Lee Child,
Tami Hoag,
J.A. Jance,
and an old favorite, John D. McDonald.. all have a the title of the book written into the story.. I love them all.

I also love Janet Evanovitch books.. they are a hoot.. especially if you're at all familar with New Jersey!

Wouldn't you think after reading for years, day after day, that we'd all be able to write a good page turner?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 AM

McCammon's Swan Song is really good, I highly recommend it.

Stephen Woodworth wrote a series starting with Through Violet Eyes. If you were a person with violet eyes, the dead could use you as a conduit and speak/act through you. There's 4 books in the series, the main character is a woman who is trying to live a normal life without much success. The books are Through Violet Eyes, From Black Rooms, In Golden Blood and With Red Hands.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 AM

I also really enjoy Patricia Cornwell and her Kay Scarpetta series.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:39 AM

Wow! I was just looking for something new yesterday. I've copied all the suggestions into a word doc. I'm going to print and head to the library. thanks to everyone.
I've read Patterson, Koontz, King, Cornwell

I didn't see Stuart Woods. He has 4 different series. He's an ex cop/detective/lawyer. The main characters in the series are: Holly Barker; Stone Barrington; Will Lee; and Ed Eagle. They all, at times, interact with each other, but not in the same book. Stone Barrington is the character who knows all the others.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:01 AM

LIKE ALL THOSE AUTHORS !
FOR A QUICK READ, AND LAUGHTER...TRY JANET EVANOVICH -THE STEPHANIE PLUM SERIES--WAITING FOR THE NEXT ONE FROM HER
ANOTHER HILARIOUS BOOK IS "KARMA CHARMER" BY BRUCE PALMER; IF YOU ARE AROUND MY AGE (66) YOU WILL SO GET IT; I LAUGHED TIL I CRIED .
Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by crawford1219
I love his books-he is my favorite author! I've read all of his books he has put out so far. Do a google search to see a list of his books because they are in sequence-some of them are stand alones though. I am thinking 1st to Die may be the name of one of the first in one of his series but am not sure though. His Alex Cross series is my favorite. Another good author is JD Robb, which is really Nora Roberts writing as JD Robb but they are a great murder/mystery series that I love.
Oh I love JD Robb!! My ex neighborlady and I read the same things but she hates those. Have read her whole "Dallas" series, can't wait for the next ones. Also love Patterson, Parker, Woods...
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Karo
LIKE ALL THOSE AUTHORS !
FOR A QUICK READ, AND LAUGHTER...TRY JANET EVANOVICH -THE STEPHANIE PLUM SERIES--WAITING FOR THE NEXT ONE FROM HER
ANOTHER HILARIOUS BOOK IS "KARMA CHARMER" BY BRUCE PALMER; IF YOU ARE AROUND MY AGE (66) YOU WILL SO GET IT; I LAUGHED TIL I CRIED .
Oh yes, the Plum series, love them! Never heard of Bruce Palmer, will have to check him out. Reading Karen Robards books right now, also Linda Howard.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 AM

I wouldn't compare Patterson to King or Koontz, either. He's a mystery writer. The new TV show, Rizzoll & Isles, is based on Patterson's books, the Women's Murder Club series. I'm reading 4th of July right now and it's a great "cop story". Koontz and King are "thriller" writers....scary in my mind!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I wouldn't compare Patterson to King or Koontz, either. He's a mystery writer. The new TV show, Rizzoll & Isles, is based on Patterson's books, the Women's Murder Club series. I'm reading 4th of July right now and it's a great "cop story". Koontz and King are "thriller" writers....scary in my mind!
I agree about Koontz and King-not my kind at all!.