Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The jokeís on me !

The jokeís on me !

(Maybe I should save this for April Fools Day)

I always unwrap new bars of soap to expose them to air - they work the same but donít get so soggy in the soap dish. I was unwrapping soap & found one bar mustíve been jammed in the process because I only had about 3/4 of a bar !

My BIL (always chatty) bought a dozen eggs and didnít check the carton. He engaged the checkout lady in conversation & she didnít check the carton either & he found out later his carton had 11 eggs ! He loves telling that story.

Anyone else ??

I saw a Lady going through cartons of jumbo eggs to make sure she got the biggest eggs possible. She was trading smaller jumbo eggs for largest ones.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I went to three separate stores in one day and every transaction was the same amount, I bought a lottery ticket after, but didn’t win so I guess it wasn’t the lottery gods telling me to buy a ticket.
    Lisa

If it's a brand name, complain to the company through their website or FB page. I bought a 12 pack of cotton briefs by Fruit of the Loom, when I opened it at home there were only 11. I complained and they sent me a whole new 12 pack!! I shared most of them with the homeless shelter.

Even your local grocery store will most likely want to make it right.

I bought a box of sugar free jello that was empty. The grocery store replaced it for me.

Blog Entries
    I bought a frozen meal - "slow roasted beef". Has beef slices with potatoes, gravy and broccoli. There was no beef in it! Awwww! I usually love that meal!

I found a piece of metal in a can of baked beans. I wrote to the company and included the wrapper and the piece of metal. They sent me a coupon for any two of their products. I bought the two most expensive ones they had.

Blog Entries
    If I find a dozen eggs that has a broken one in it I usually will find more - I'll sometimes swap out with one in another carton that already has a broken one! Then I leave the carton that has broken ones in it open so nobody else will buy it.
    Housework is for those who don't quilt!

I went to the grocery store 2 blocks from my house and bought a couple of bags of frozen green beans for vegetable soup and I checked the expiration date. The date was good. It had a life of a year left. When I open one of the bags, it was freezer burnt and brown. None of the beans were green. I took them back and showed the cashier. She didn't seemed surprised or said sorry and told me I couldn't get a refund since I opened one bag and she didn't know how long I had them. I showed her the receipt and it said I had bought them 10 minutes before I got there the second time. She said oh you can exchange them for new ones. I ended up buying can green beans and paid twice a much for the cans than the frozen.

Blog Entries
    ha, ha, ha Kitsie-- Where's the Beef?? that is funny. wonder how in the world that happened?

I froze an 8 pack of soda in my car back in the galss bottle days. Broke 3 or 4 bottles. Luckily I caught it while they were still frozen and I cleaned it all up with a whisk broom and pan. Not a good return on thr investment.Otehr bottles were fine once they thawed out.
    "Sacrifices must be made." Otto Lilienthal

I was headed to a wedding. 4 of us in the car were blowing up ballons as we traveled the miles and had the car fulll.
    When we turned off the air/conditioner and opened the door most of the balloons popped when they were surrounded by hot summer air. OOOPS/

Blog Entries
    My DH loves kielbasa. I usually buy the large packs because it is less expensive most of the time. I bought a package one time that looked normal, and in my rush to get done and leave, I did not notice that it was very lightweight. I went to separate it into smaller packages, I found that two of the sausages were air filled, no meat! I called the company to complain, and they were very nice and a little embarrassed by this incident. They apologized profusely, and said they would replace it. I said thanks, and hung up. Two weeks later, I got a card from them, yet again apologizing, and included were three $5 coupons for more Kielbasa or any of their products. The original package did not cost $5. Some companies care about their reputation.
    Last edited by madamekelly; 01-22-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I sold cameras for a living. As part of a promotion Polaroid sent me a pair of sunglasses. The package looked like it had gone through a war. It had postmarks and rubber stamps all over it.It had my address on one side and someone else's in Kansas on the other. If had been shipped across the state several times trying to find the suitable box.

I sent Polaroid as letter, " Do I need to share it with the other guy? If so can I have them in the summer and he can use them in the winter? or should I cut them in half and send him the left side?" I never heard from them. I hope they sent another pair to the other guy.

Blog Entries
    about 2 yrs ago, my dh bought a carton of 8 eggs. as cracked the 3 eggs i'd need for a recipe, they all had double yolks. Of course, I had to crack the others, and they too, were double yolks. I felt they must have been rejects, and someone put them all aside, and somehow, got boxed for the market
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I bought a box of Keebler Club crackers and there were only two sleeves of crackers instead of three. I called the company and was sent a coupon for another box. Bought a package of Frito-Lay chips and my husband and I agreed that they just didn't taste right and we got another package from the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I saw a Lady going through cartons of jumbo eggs to make sure she got the biggest eggs possible. She was trading smaller jumbo eggs for largest ones.
    now that’s CHEAP !

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantasew View Post
    I bought a box of sugar free jello that was empty. The grocery store replaced it for me.
    So funny !

I bought eggs--got to the checkout and 1 was cracked. The clerk sold them to me at half price. I said ok and was happy.

I just got a box of 60 batteries from Amazon yesterday. They have an expiration date of 2/18. Yeah- anyway, I hit the button to return them and there's no return on them. What???? Online chat with Amazon- they refunded my money.
    First ever problem with Amazon but they quickly fixed it.

Blog Entries
    I always check the carton of eggs before I buy them to be sure none of them are broken. Never thought about them not having the correct number of eggs in them.

From experience, I have learned not to just 'look' at the eggs to be sure they aren't cracked; but I move them all. Sometimes they are cracked on the bottoms and you wouldn't know just by 'looking' at the tops, so if I can move them all I know none are cracked unless very recently cause if they have been cracked on the bottoms, the egg seeps out and acts like a glue and sticks the egg to the bottom of the carton so they won't move.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I do this exact thing also. The stock clerk asked me why I did it. Duh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sewlilly View Post
    If I find a dozen eggs that has a broken one in it I usually will find more - I'll sometimes swap out with one in another carton that already has a broken one! Then I leave the carton that has broken ones in it open so nobody else will buy it.

Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North
    I bought my very first digital camera online from a camera store in New York City. It was sold as brand new but when I turned it on there were pictures from a program at a day care already in the camera. They weren't concerned in the least but I sent it back and got my money back.
    Certified basketcase
    Diane

I bought a bag of chips at sporting event. Opened it up and there were 3 chips in it!