Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm sorry I haven't been with you all today. I slept until noon today, so I am really just waking up.

We are survivors and thrivers! Bumps are just that, little bumps to make us realize it is time to re-assess our situation. I have lived through many negative issues and decided that I am enjoying life and living, to heck with the negativity.

We struggle to lose weight because nature works against us. But we will prevail as we are stronger!

Irish, I loved the wedding pictures and the ones of you in your dress. I thought you looked refreshing and beautiful.

Karen, You are valued and loved.

Missy, what a talented and compassionate woman you are! Just send a physical card, that way he can't send bombs of negativity.

Nancia-I admire your learn it and do it attitude.

Xylie-keep with it! You ARE LOSING.

Charity-crafter, the heat makes me melt.

Rita's Mom- I just saw a thing on heat and weight gain. Everyone has a problem with water retention and intentions when the weather is smothering.

I lost my 41 pounds by staying at 1200-1600 calories and eliminating salt from my diet.
I agree with everything you said.It's true,we are a tough bunch and can weather any storm and come out the other side victorious and more determined than ever.I think you needed the extra rest,we been pretty tired lately too.It's like I'm out of gas,and have to recharge my batteries so I can hit it again.Well at least our $25.00 TV is working great.Better or just as good as the other one.And my phones work,but didn't know they required a 'BASE'.So,found one for $20.00 w/the base and 2 handsets on Amazon.So,with these 2- I will now have 5 cordless phones.Geesh!Love our thrift stores.Well I am glad I dropped 6 pounds of water since yesterday.That was encouraging to me.Goes to show how just one ham sandwich can mess us up.Well,everybody have a good week and lose,lose,lose,.I am losing,I am losing,I am,...Yes!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Welcome back, Sandy. I understand how hard it is not to eat your childhood foods, especially when you were concerned about your sister. You did well to lose more weight. How did the new knee hold up? Being the caretaker means being on your feet a lot.

Today's almost over. I hope everyone had a peaceful one.

We are losing weight.
Ok,I missed something till I read MJ's post.I saw the pictures of the 'grandmothers'.But only saw one.There were 3 ladies in the picture.Cause the other 2 women don't look like grandmother's.I thought they were the mothers.And you said you weren't pretty.Who you foolin?Both those women are very attractive.Are you the one in the pretty green dress?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
It is so hard staying on track when you have company for the weekend. Some day I hope that eating for my health is my lifestyle and not just something I do to lose a few pounds.
How do you exercise in this heat? I can't even think about going outside for a walk when the heat index is 109. If I walk when it is over 72 I get overheated and get a migraine. I guess I could drive 18 miles (each way) and walk in the mall. It might be time to look for a good exercise dvd. Any suggestions?
Yes,it's too hot to go outside.People drop like flies in the heat down here.You can do a video from you-yube and do it in your house.Or get a small pool and do pool exercises.I couldn't set my pool up this yr,but will next yr.It's a 18ft X 5 ft.So can swim and exercise in it.Plus cool off.Gas is a little high to be driving 36 miles unless your going anyway.Other than that.We wait till evening like around 6 pm,then it's a little cooler outside and we go for our nightly scooter ride.I'm sure a lot of others will chime in with some better ideas,but that's what we do when it's hot.I can't exercise per say as my joints are shot,but still burn calories by eating foods that burn calories.You can just google foods that burn calories and there is a huge list of everyday foods that we don't know burns calories.Myself,I eat dried red hot red peppers sprinkled on my food.It heats me up and makes me sweat,It's hot now and humid outside,so now all I have to do is to go outside and I'm in a sauna.Anyway,good luck and will be watching,as I am sure others are having the same problem about now.It's hot everywhere I think.Wheww,it is here anyway.111 tomorrow.and rising.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 PM

sandy-- what's your reward for losing 30 lbs? i'm so excited for you!! good job! i'm trying to think of a reward for 20 lbs--i need more instant gratification . i may buy some gorgeous fabric at the lqs--which is nowhere near local, but it's i think the only one close to nearby. that reminds me, i received a shopping bag filled with a variety of fabrics. my husband works with a quilter and one of her friends was cleaning stuff out and gave her this fabric and yarn, and she took what she wanted and sent the rest to me. Thank You! add that to the 2 drawers of antique thread i found in my mom's old sewing table, and i'm good to go!
i worked on the flimsy of a childs
's quilt today. a 1 yr. old son of a once friend, and finished the binding on a baby quilt for their expected 3rd child. i started a painting for their first child and she is now 5. hope she still likes fish. i would have had it finished such a long time ago, but i got stuck in that place where nothing- you- do -is =good- enough (ever been there? i'm there so often i bought a house!) i keep meaning to finish it, but i would hate for her parents to see it and think it's trashy. i tell myself not to care but we all know when you create something it's a part of you, it's like standing naked in a park in town. that's why i give very few of my pieces away and won't sell any. i gave my sister a very cool bronze sculpture that i made and she lost it. and she's the good member of the family! once i get these gifts finished i will break all bonds with the family and move on. so.....how was your day? i hope you ARE losing and IN control! good night, mrs. calabash, wherever you are!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Good morning lazybones! I was up at 5 today but still have accomplished nothing but breaking a glass and cruising online.

I have stayed with my eating plan today, had oatmeal for breakfast.

My leg is better and my blood sugar was 214, better but still working on it.

Keep at it everyone, don't stop now.

Remember this line in an old gospel song I love:

I've come too far to turn back now.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:42 AM

Well I gained a pound and half this weekend. SO I'm back above my platue, but I'm not going to get stuck there this time!

Got 3 workout days planned this week with my workout buddy and am going to try and get back into the gardens in the evenings. I'm determined to be lighter by the end of the month as close to loosing 6 more pounds as I can get. I want to be 15 pounds lighter by Christmas time. Just incase I do get to go home for the holiday it would be nice to see my family's reaction!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:54 AM

Good morning everybody! Not to be mean but it is such a relief to read the posts and find others are sruggling with their food. I haven't logged my food since Thur night and I think all I've done since then is eat. I thought about weighing myself this a.m. but was to scared to get on the scale. At least I'm still drinking my water so that's a good thing. I haven't been able to get to MFP on this computer even though I've tried. I plan on spending some time this afternoon working on that. My exercise has been sporadic so I'm hoping I can pull myself together and get back on my schedule. I'm hoping to go to water aerobics today but I'm a little nervous. There are severe storm warnings out till 3 p.m. and it is humid and nasty looking outside. Maybe the storm will hold off until after water aerobics. I did quilt this morning for awhile so I feel good about that. Maybe things are getting beter than I emotionally feel they are. God Bless everyone and have a great day.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
sandy-- what's your reward for losing 30 lbs?
Nancia, The only reward I have for myself at 30 lbs is being able to get back into more of my clothes that I had outgrown. It feels so good!!! I have so many UFOs and so much stash, I dont want/need any more fabric until I get some projects finished and decrease my stash. I cant believe I just said that........ I'm almost down into another set of numbers on the scale and that is reward enough for me. It is so exciting to watch the numbers going down, down, down...... Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. Sandy
Old 07-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Xylie, Yes, I'm the grandmother in the green dress. The dark haired grandmother of the groom is 74 - can you believe that?

I'm off to burn calories vacuuming. I hate vacuuming, but with white carpet and one black dog, it'a a given. Thank goodness for the AC. Then I need to plant the lily I bought last week. It'll be done quickly. It's too hot outside to stay long until after dark.

I am losing weight. Judy
Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm off to burn calories vacuuming. I hate vacuuming, but with white carpet and one black dog, it'a a given.
Couldn't you re-word that to say you have a white carpet with black highlights through out. It's a design element and it's supposed to be that way... and look when walk on it with your socks you too can have the black highlights for your home. :lol: