Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:37 AM

I have to report that the play was a huge success last night. I didn't make any major goofs and my songs all went well. I'm real excited to do it again tonight.
Some of you have such exciting things happening in your lives and weight loss isn't the only thing!
I am losing!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
good morning!
I'm about to go to bed now, but I have had a busy and exciting week.

Best news of all...I have a contract to write an Ebook on How to Quilt if You've Never Held a Needle and Thread

It will be published with my name and bio info, deadline is in 5 weeks. I am so very excited.
Oh,my gosh,how exciting.Yet another celebrity in our midst.You go girl!And do let us help you if you need it.Also,let us know how to get a copy.Of course I'd want mine signed,{just kidding!} It's a e-book after all.That's great.I don't think I could sleep just thinking about it.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:45 PM

pam h-- congrats! i told ya so!! knew you could do it!! we may be losing, but we aren't losers! so happy for you!

xylie-- this is how you get mj's siggy. buy the e-book, print out the first page, send it to mj, she'll sign it, and send it back. then frame it, wait for her to become internationally famous, if she's not already, and then sell her signature for big money, and retire in luxury! that's how i'd do it!

went to denny's for dinner. dh didn't want to warm up the house by my cooking. got to 103 here in the philly area! i had a hamburger, no roll, yes to garnish veggies, and 2 small ff. coffee and ice water. came home and had quakers little quacker thingies in creme brulee'( itty rice cakes with fake flavor) adds crunch and cookie like sweetness for my tastebuds. soooo yummm. never m et a sweet i didn't just love, who didn't love me back by hugging me around the hips!

ok--i may be delusional b ut...i am losing weight! i am in control!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 PM

Missy you look great! I can definatley see a difference, especially in your face. Keep up the good work! I think Cathie has kind eyes! I hope you guys are very happy together.

MJ congrats! that is very exciting! And I love your your new avitar.

Gosh it is so hot here! It is one of those nights where it just doesn't want to cool down at all! I wish we had air conditioning! But I shouldn't complain I know it is way hotter other places, Huh Xylie! :shock:
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Missy you look great! I can definatley see a difference, especially in your face. Keep up the good work! I think Cathie has kind eyes! I hope you guys are very happy together.

MJ congrats! that is very exciting! And I love your your new avitar.

Gosh it is so hot here! It is one of those nights where it just doesn't want to cool down at all! I wish we had air conditioning! But I shouldn't complain I know it is way hotter other places, Huh Xylie! :shock:
I think it's hot all over this summer.I never saw the likes of the heat spreading across the landscape.It's hot here,but so far not bad in the evenings.And we have trees all around our property.The grass is cool,and under our house is really cool.So the cats stay under there during the day.You should get a cooler of some kind.If nothing else,get a big fan and put a wet cloth over it so it will blow cool air.I feel bad for those families of those 20 people that died.My gosh,how terrible.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 PM

I hate AC and hate the house the closed up, but this week I haven't complained. My doctor called to make sure I had the air on. It's pretty bad when they know you that well. I have several hereditary heart defects, a MVP and congestive heart failure. Humidity and I do not agree - so why do I live in Michigan? Just worked out that way. If my parents had stayed in Northwest Iowa, I think it'd be hot, but not as humid.

Xylie, I saw a T-shirt in the Phoenix Airport. Two skeletons were reclining under a cactus. The caption said, "But they say it's a dry heat." Over 100 is hot, with or without humidity, but humidity makes it harder to breathe.

We have some talented people here - MJ is a writer, Nancia, a painter and reads in Latin, Pam an actress/singer, Xylie, a jack-of-all-trades. Hopefully we are all quilters. Most of us are mothers - a talent all in itself. And wives - another talent. I failed that one after 42 years. Teachers - another special talent. Didn't fail that one.

What is your talent?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
pam h-- congrats! i told ya so!! knew you could do it!! we may be losing, but we aren't losers! so happy for you!

xylie-- this is how you get mj's siggy. buy the e-book, print out the first page, send it to mj, she'll sign it, and send it back. then frame it, wait for her to become internationally famous, if she's not already, and then sell her signature for big money, and retire in luxury! that's how i'd do it!

went to denny's for dinner. dh didn't want to warm up the house by my cooking. got to 103 here in the philly area! i had a hamburger, no roll, yes to garnish veggies, and 2 small ff. coffee and ice water. came home and had quakers little quacker thingies in creme brulee'( itty rice cakes with fake flavor) adds crunch and cookie like sweetness for my tastebuds. soooo yummm. never m et a sweet i didn't just love, who didn't love me back by hugging me around the hips!

ok--i may be delusional b ut...i am losing weight! i am in control!
Ok,there you go.That'll work.I bet it will be a good seller.The quilting trade is big right now and a lot of new comers are wanting to learn it.She should do well with it.And your right,you are losing,you are losing,you are!!Yes!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I hate AC and hate the house the closed up, but this week I haven't complained. My doctor called to make sure I had the air on. It's pretty bad when they know you that well. I have several hereditary heart defects, a MVP and congestive heart failure. Humidity and I do not agree - so why do I live in Michigan? Just worked out that way. If my parents had stayed in Northwest Iowa, I think it'd be hot, but not as humid.

Xylie, I saw a T-shirt in the Phoenix Airport. Two skeletons were reclining under a cactus. The caption said, "But they say it's a dry heat." Over 100 is hot, with or without humidity, but humidity makes it harder to breathe.

We have some talented people here - MJ is a writer, Nancia, a painter and reads in Latin, Pam an actress/singer, Xylie, a jack-of-all-trades. Hopefully we are all quilters. Most of us are mothers - a talent all in itself. And wives - another talent. I failed that one after 42 years. Teachers - another special talent. Didn't fail that one.

What is your talent?
Well I agree.And I'm sure we all quilt.I love to make quilts.I like the antique ones that are intricut applique.All tho I can't hold a needle for too long,but do have a treadle,and 2 hand crank antique singers.So can do a lot of 'hand' work at my speed on them.They turn out real pretty.And I like stuffed work.Sharon Schambers amazes me.She's my mentor.All tho I been doing this for over 30 yrs and just got a computer 2 yrs ago and taught myself how to use it with a book from Hastings bk store.So just found her last yr.But have had Elly's books since she 1st came out eons ago.So is fun for me and I love making quilts and sewing in general.But I don't paint.Not an artist that way.But your right,we do have a lot of talent here.And what one can't do,another one can.So,we can and do learn a lot from each other here.And it's FREE!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

What is your talent?
That's funny!but true,When it's super hot,it does takes your breath away.It will cook an egg and your bare feet.I have seen a lot of people 'dance' down here if they run out barefooted,even for a second to say hi to somebody..We done it many times.When you hit the rocks or even the dirt,you start hopping!And we know better.LOL!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
mj--you're looking very spiffy in your new avatar ! congrats on your e-book deal!

i had a great b'fast of a smart ones quesadilla, and an apple, and of course, bright sparkling water! i will make myself an iced skinny soy latte in just a little bit. that will be my morning treat, since i'm actually up in the morning. how weird is this? i feel like a vampire in a new time zone. i will post pictures later of my 3 little boy baby quilts. the last one will be taken from a mile away, since i honestly did a horrendous job on it. fortunately, it's for a baby and he won't mind at all! lol. lots of my seams didn't line up. it is a d9p, my first one, and i learned a lot doing it. it's not difficult but it does require accurate cuts--OOPS! i backed it with the most scrumptious blue flannel so i'm confident it will be loved!
everybody, have a good day ! it's another scorcher at 99.my poor plants will be barbecued! nonetheless, i am losing and i an in control! ta ta for now!
Do you glue your seams?if not watch Sharon Schambers on you-tube.She has the easiest way of a no fail seam line up.With her method,you can't screw up a seam.It works every time.