Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 AM

what do you glue the seams with? it's a decomposing nine patch, dp9, to those who do it right . i stitched in an unconventional way when i was quilting it, too. i went to the center to start. if it was a square, then i followed that line all the way to and across the border. then i went back to the center and moved to the next seam and "drew" an imaginary line to the border and across. just kept doing that until that quarter of the quilt was done. then i moved to the next quarter and did the same thing, and so on. then went perpendicular to those lines, again starting in the center and working out through the border. REALLY showed up where my seams were wrong or the quilt wasn't square. you'll understand better when i post pictures. worst job i've done to date, but it's for a one yr old and , really, he won't care! i'm hoping he drags it thru the next 6 yrs or so of his life so when it wears out, no one will think it was my crummy workmanship. lol. BTW, my true love is sculpting, but when i can't do that i'll dabble in anything! i have to finish this painting this week end because i'm going to say good-bye to his parents. we have tried being friends and for too many reasons it just really hasn't worked out, but i think none of us so far have wanted to be the one who called it quits. well, i say it's time to put that old horse out of it's misery, so i guess i'm the one who will shoot it.
see, i am losing, and i am in control. pooh! doesn't mean i'm liking it.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:40 AM

Good morning everyone! It is still hot here but not so humid.

MJ congratulations. I want a copy to. It's so exciting that we can all be friends and have different talents.

Awhile ago there was talk on the board of someone starting a private Yahoo group so our confidential stuff wasn't public. Did anyone ever follow up on that? I don't really care one way or another because for me it's healthy to be open and share my story. Given the fact my bi-polar symtoms are rapidly cycling I think when I get my computer back up and running I will share my story anyway.

When I weighed in yesterday I lost 1/2 pound and 1 1/2 inches. Thank God.

DH & I are taking a quilt class called "Change of Seasons". The main reason we took it was because it features so many techniques that I have never used. We are currently working on paper piecing which bot of us find challenge, fun but challenging.

I am losing. I'm not so much in control but I am losing.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
DH & I are taking a quilt class called "Change of Seasons". The main reason we took it was because it features so many techniques that I have never used. We are currently working on paper piecing which bot of us find challenge, fun but challenging.
It's so great that you take classes together. I talk to my DH about quilting and his eyes start to glaze over after a minute or 2. OH well, I can't complain because it's the same way when he talks about golf. Watching golf on TV will put me to sleep faster than any sleeping pill can.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Missy you look great! I can definatley see a difference, especially in your face. Keep up the good work! I think Cathie has kind eyes! I hope you guys are very happy together.

MJ congrats! that is very exciting! And I love your your new avitar.

Gosh it is so hot here! It is one of those nights where it just doesn't want to cool down at all! I wish we had air conditioning! But I shouldn't complain I know it is way hotter other places, Huh Xylie! :shock:
Thank you so much! I think that Cathie has beautiful eyes too!

Missy
Old 07-23-2011, 05:52 AM

I saw this yesteray and thought it was perfect!

DENIAL stands for Don't Even kNow I Am Lying (to myself).

Missy
Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 AM

oh, yes, that's true! and it aint just a river in egypt! why are we so quick to believe our own lies, but will call everyone else out in a second? for instance: you say to me==
'my, you certainly look nice in that dress.' bs meter screams, i know you're lying!
i think 'man, i look like roadkill.' and i believe it's true.
i say ' i'm not hooked on cigarettes' i believe myself.
you say' i bet you can't quit'. you're not wrong, you are lying! the mind is a terrible thing to lose. but weight is good to lose. too bad i lost the first and am holding fast to the second!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Wow didn't post for a couple days and got so far behind.

Missy~ I can totally see a difference! You and Cathy look good together! Hoping for you to have many years together!

MJ~ Great news on the ebook! let me know when it comes out so I can get a copy as well!

Nancia~ I'm sure your D9p will be loved! can't wait to see the pictures!

Good news is I've been able to workout more this week, and have managed to get a 2 lb loss so far this month! Hoping to get another 2-3 before the end! It would be so much easier if the heat would go away. I loose weight so much better during the winter months when school is in session. I think it's becuase of the forced routine!

Keep up all the good work ladies!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:16 AM

Liz-- thank you so much!

I was saddened to learn that Amy WInehouse died today at age 27 by a drug overdose. UGH!

Missy
Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 AM

That is sad.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
That is sad.
MJ ----- I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!!

Missy