Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 AM

good morning!
I'm about to go to bed now, but I have had a busy and exciting week.

Best news of all...I have a contract to write an Ebook on How to Quilt if You've Never Held a Needle and Thread

It will be published with my name and bio info, deadline is in 5 weeks. I am so very excited.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
good morning!

Best news of all...I have a contract to write an Ebook on How to Quilt if You've Never Held a Needle and Thread

It will be published with my name and bio info, deadline is in 5 weeks. I am so very excited.
That is so cool. Congrats. Can't wait to see it.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Here you go guys...the first picture is a before picture of me (I am the one standing) and the after picture of me and Cathie taken on July 3rd at my sister's wedding. I am having problems seeing the difference but I look at myself everyday so it is hard to see it. LOL!!
Wow,aren't you cute.Yes,I too can see a difference in your before and after pictures.Love your hair.And your mom I guess that is,looks great too.Just think,how much you've already changed in this short amount of time.I know from my loss that as you lose more,you will change inside too.As we just get more confident as we get smaller.You look pretty young.I look like what I am.A middle aged old bag.I'm no raving beauty,and not near as cute as you.My camera is broke and quite.If and when I ever get one,I'll post a picture of me.The only one I do have is of my drivers licence.And we all know how bad they are.And I was really big when it was taken.Well,anyway,you and Kathy do make a nice couple.Is she trying to lose too?I hope so because it will add many yrs.It's amazing how in just since the 3rd of July you have shrunk.My gosh.Well,that's great.you just hang in there and don't let outside negative influinces deture you or get you off track.Stay focused and look at the end snapshot of how you are going to look.I do that and it does help me to stay focused better.I know that there will be an end,and how I want to be.So you just hang in there and do it for you and your future.You are losing,you are losing,you are!!!
Thank you so much!!!! Oh and the woman with me in the yellow vest is my girlfriend Cathie. She is the same age as my mom, so I would understand if you thought it was her. :D:D:D

You are soo soo sweet!!

Missy
Ok,if I'd a put my glasses on and re-read your intro,I would of seen that.Now that I re-read it,it does say that.Ok,well who is the one in the blue?Love those outfits by the way.Nice!
That girl is my ex-girlfriend. Thank you so much!!

Missy
Old 07-22-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Missy, Love the picture of you and Cathie, you look so happy. I can't believe the difference in the pictures. Your face is slimming down alot. You should be proud of yourself.
Thank you so much Jeri! We are very happy and I could not be prouder of her. I am proud of myself. I am down 110 pounds with probably about 225 still to lose but with your support and the support of my family (and Cathie of course!) I will get there!!

Missy
Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
missy--you're pretty smart for a youngun'! pictures all along the road helps you see and feel the change and accept and adjust to it. my dh dropped almost 100lbs very quickly due to illness and neither he nor i recognize his reflection, and i lose him in wm because i'm still looking for someone who is no longer there. if we'd known at the time and taken pictures, i think we both would have made the adjustment to his new body, and he to his new body image. you must be getting used to this! with all the weight you've lost presurgery, doing great, kid!
i just finished a sirloin steak dinner with sweet as candy fresh tomatoes~ oh, mama! it was yum! i've finally learned to make a killer steak!
i am losing. i'm in control. and i am stuffed!
You are so funny! I do the same thing about not recognizing myself! Oh and this might sound weird but when I sit down to go potty and I look down my belly kind of rolls on itself. It used to be that it would just
Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
missy--you're pretty smart for a youngun'! pictures all along the road helps you see and feel the change and accept and adjust to it. my dh dropped almost 100lbs very quickly due to illness and neither he nor i recognize his reflection, and i lose him in wm because i'm still looking for someone who is no longer there. if we'd known at the time and taken pictures, i think we both would have made the adjustment to his new body, and he to his new body image. you must be getting used to this! with all the weight you've lost presurgery, doing great, kid!
i just finished a sirloin steak dinner with sweet as candy fresh tomatoes~ oh, mama! it was yum! i've finally learned to make a killer steak!
i am losing. i'm in control. and i am stuffed!
You are so funny! I do the same thing about not recognizing myself! Oh and this might sound weird but when I sit down to go potty and I look down my belly kind of rolls on itself. It used to be that it would just hang there but now it is so much smaller that it rolls on itself. SO weird but good at the same time!

Missy
Old 07-22-2011, 06:52 AM

Missy,I was sitting here just a thinking,while learning how to program my "new to me" phones.And it hit me,why don't you put in for the biggest loser show?You have what it takes,You could even win some big bucks.Plus just think,we'd all be rooting and praying for you,and you'd be more famous than you are now.Why you'd have millions of fans in your corner.The possibilities are endless.Plus your not so tied down,you couldn't do it.I couldn't do it cause I've lost too much now,and I have to take care of my hubby as he can't live alone.He can't see,or drive any more.But would be perfect for you.I really think you should if nothing else throw your hat in the ring.Or maybe some of you others who have a ways to go.Anyway.Just wanted to throw it out there.We who know you already know,you'd win.You'd win it,hands down.Just google it,and make a tape and send in.Bob and Julian and the 2 new trainers are great people who genuinly care about people.At least mill it around.You'd win!I'm telling you,you'd win.
Wow. I never thought of that before! I am going to think about that!!

Missy
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Wow Missy you look great. I can really see the difference. You and Cathie look like you were made for each other. I've missed alot of posts because of my computer problems, sure glad I didn't miss your pictures. God Bless.
Oh Jeanne you are so sweet! Oh we are made for each other. She is truly my soul mate and I could not imagine my life without her! Thank you so much! I am glad you did not miss my pictures too!

Missy
Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
good morning!

I would buy it!!! I want it on my Nook so I can carry you with me every where I go!

Missy
Old 07-22-2011, 07:00 AM

mj--you're looking very spiffy in your new avatar ! congrats on your e-book deal!

i had a great b'fast of a smart ones quesadilla, and an apple, and of course, bright sparkling water! i will make myself an iced skinny soy latte in just a little bit. that will be my morning treat, since i'm actually up in the morning. how weird is this? i feel like a vampire in a new time zone. i will post pictures later of my 3 little boy baby quilts. the last one will be taken from a mile away, since i honestly did a horrendous job on it. fortunately, it's for a baby and he won't mind at all! lol. lots of my seams didn't line up. it is a d9p, my first one, and i learned a lot doing it. it's not difficult but it does require accurate cuts--OOPS! i backed it with the most scrumptious blue flannel so i'm confident it will be loved!
everybody, have a good day ! it's another scorcher at 99.my poor plants will be barbecued! nonetheless, i am losing and i an in control! ta ta for now!