Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
missy-- i can definitely see the difference! save these pictures, take another in a few weeks, or months (for more DRAMA) and you will see it too! when i saw you in my mind's eye you had curly hair. other than that you look alot like i thought you did. so nice to see you! i wonder how many of us look like we 'sound' on the board? i look in the mirror and see my grandmother, as i look a lot like her side of the family. i look inside, and i see a 23 year old still sassy!
irishrose-- i will think about showing you the painting. something has to be wrong with it because i never put off finishing one of my art pieces unless there is. i really prefer sculpture, but for the most part, those days seem to be gone. also, sculpture doesn't involve much colorwork, and being colorblind doesn't present a difficulty. i am strongly considering art quilts when i have finished the more traditional ones for my family and friends. then if the colors are off people will say 'what an imaginative and creative use of color!' lollol
my darling manx cat slept on the baby quilt last night. i guess that means it has been approved. i only finished sandwiching it, so today i have to quilt and bind it. i'm excited about the binding, i took the left over blocks (3 1/2" sq) and strung them together in sequence, can't wait to see if it looks as good as i think it will! i received a block in the boomerang swap that i'm in, and it reminded me, i need to finish those up before i start another project. time to put my big girl panties on! always into starting, not so into finishing--did you know that's a trait of bi-polar people? yup, it is.
xylie-- thanks for the encouragement! i don't move much when it's this hot and i'm sure that's slowing me down. of course, i don't move much anyway because of my back but that's not fun to talk about. i love being able to get up and quilt or go fabric shopping! things get done in spurts now. the good news is, they get done.
well, time to eat breakfast. my husband is coming home from work soon and we are going grocery shopping. i don't want to be hungry when we go as my willpower flies out the window! i believe i am losing weight and i am in control! xoxo
ps-bjeriann--i would have taken the 10 lbs and run! who needs a new scale when it reads light???lolol
Thank you so much Nancia!!! I did not want to wait until I was at my goal weight to show before/after pics. I think the changes that happen in the process are as important as the before and at my goal weight pics. Make sense?

Missy
Old 07-21-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
missy i'm so sorry for your heartache.
today is a fat day for me. i must have eaten something that made my abdomen swell. maybe it's just bloat. i know...when things get heated they swell. i'm probably filled with hot air!
i've been working away on the 3rd baby quilt. it is sandwiched and tomorrow i will quilt it and hopefully bind , wash, dry and be done with it. then i just need to finish the painting for the older sister, wrap and deliver. fine'. then i must sandwich and quilt my grand daughter's quilt, which i have been holding off on. just didn't want to ruin it, but truly the parents will be thrilled that i finished it before she leaves for college. mom is still holding at 1cm dilated and is disgusted. i gave the baby a peptalk over skype and let her know she'd be getting an eviction notice if she didn't move out on her own. we'll see. still 2 weeks to the 'official' due date. i'm not heading west until i know there's a baby there!
oh, meant to mention, i've been using the spray basting and i love it! quick, easy and it hasn't created a mess. thumbs up! beats all that hand basting! i hope everyone gets into a positive cycle and the weight starts dripping off twice as fast as the sweat! good night, moon. i'm off to bed!! xoxo
Yeah. I am sorry too but I am moving forward and not giving up on seeing my daughter. i will see her one day.

Missy
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
wow! I see a very big loss! You look great!

MJ
THANK YOU MJ!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Missy I love your new avitar! I am so sorry your daughter is having second thoughts but don't lose hope. Like I said earlier kids can be influenced for a while but then they grow and mature and either see or seek the truth. The fact that she wanted to see you makes me think she is already questioning what the real truth is. Don't lose hope, maybe send her a message saying you were really looking forward to seeing her but will be patient and wait untill she is ready and that you will always love her no matter what. Maybe someone else had a hand in her decision.
I don't know who told you that but I agree with M.E.H they don't seem like very nice people. Oh heck who am I fooling they sound like a real a**hole. For someone to say that they must be a miserable hateful person with more problems than you will ever have! Missy you are a great person, you have helped me more than you will ever know and I'm sure others on here feel the same way. Sorry you are having such a sad night.
Thank you so much! You guys are so right. I love it that I can come to you guys and know I will walk away with the wisdom of so many!

Missy
Old 07-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
Hello friends. Missy, I just believe things will work out in your favor in time. Don't lose hope.

As if my month hasn't been challenging enough with my knee issues, I was sick in bed with a stomach virus for almost a week. I never go anywhere so don't know how this came around. The rest of my family has been spared. But, knees are finally good - no swelling and I have full range of movement (can pull my heel to my butt) and the pain is becoming manageable.

I am gonna upload a photo of my bargello. It is in 4 sections. At the top and bottom towards the right side are 2 pieces that look renegade that I feel should be replaced. Your opinion?

I am losing! (I really am!)
Thank you Lynne!!

That is one GORGEOUS quilt!!! I am drooling over it!!

Missy
Old 07-21-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Here you go guys...the first picture is a before picture of me (I am the one standing) and the after picture of me and Cathie taken on July 3rd at my sister's wedding. I am having problems seeing the difference but I look at myself everyday so it is hard to see it. LOL!!
Wow,aren't you cute.Yes,I too can see a difference in your before and after pictures.Love your hair.And your mom I guess that is,looks great too.Just think,how much you've already changed in this short amount of time.I know from my loss that as you lose more,you will change inside too.As we just get more confident as we get smaller.You look pretty young.I look like what I am.A middle aged old bag.I'm no raving beauty,and not near as cute as you.My camera is broke and quite.If and when I ever get one,I'll post a picture of me.The only one I do have is of my drivers licence.And we all know how bad they are.And I was really big when it was taken.Well,anyway,you and Kathy do make a nice couple.Is she trying to lose too?I hope so because it will add many yrs.It's amazing how in just since the 3rd of July you have shrunk.My gosh.Well,that's great.you just hang in there and don't let outside negative influinces deture you or get you off track.Stay focused and look at the end snapshot of how you are going to look.I do that and it does help me to stay focused better.I know that there will be an end,and how I want to be.So you just hang in there and do it for you and your future.You are losing,you are losing,you are!!!
Thank you so much!!!! Oh and the woman with me in the yellow vest is my girlfriend Cathie. She is the same age as my mom, so I would understand if you thought it was her. :D:D:D

You are soo soo sweet!!

Missy
Ok,if I'd a put my glasses on and re-read your intro,I would of seen that.Now that I re-read it,it does say that.Ok,well who is the one in the blue?Love those outfits by the way.Nice!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:14 PM

Missy, Love the picture of you and Cathie, you look so happy. I can't believe the difference in the pictures. Your face is slimming down alot. You should be proud of yourself.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 PM

missy--you're pretty smart for a youngun'! pictures all along the road helps you see and feel the change and accept and adjust to it. my dh dropped almost 100lbs very quickly due to illness and neither he nor i recognize his reflection, and i lose him in wm because i'm still looking for someone who is no longer there. if we'd known at the time and taken pictures, i think we both would have made the adjustment to his new body, and he to his new body image. you must be getting used to this! with all the weight you've lost presurgery, doing great, kid!
i just finished a sirloin steak dinner with sweet as candy fresh tomatoes~ oh, mama! it was yum! i've finally learned to make a killer steak!
i am losing. i'm in control. and i am stuffed!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 AM

Missy,I was sitting here just a thinking,while learning how to program my "new to me" phones.And it hit me,why don't you put in for the biggest loser show?You have what it takes,You could even win some big bucks.Plus just think,we'd all be rooting and praying for you,and you'd be more famous than you are now.Why you'd have millions of fans in your corner.The possibilities are endless.Plus your not so tied down,you couldn't do it.I couldn't do it cause I've lost too much now,and I have to take care of my hubby as he can't live alone.He can't see,or drive any more.But would be perfect for you.I really think you should if nothing else throw your hat in the ring.Or maybe some of you others who have a ways to go.Anyway.Just wanted to throw it out there.We who know you already know,you'd win.You'd win it,hands down.Just google it,and make a tape and send in.Bob and Julian and the 2 new trainers are great people who genuinly care about people.At least mill it around.You'd win!I'm telling you,you'd win.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 AM

Wow Missy you look great. I can really see the difference. You and Cathie look like you were made for each other. I've missed alot of posts because of my computer problems, sure glad I didn't miss your pictures. God Bless.