Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Thank you guys so much for taking the time to defend me. I have had problems with a number of people contacting me privately and now these posts that are on this thread. I am just me and I did have the lap-band but long ago I said when I knew that I would finally be having my surgery that I would no longer be doing this for the fabric. That would be unfair to everyone else. Thank you for stating that to SWChick.

I am having a bit of a difficult time right now and will be posting about it in just a bit. You guys have become like family to me and right now I really could use the hugs that only comes from a sister.

I really do love you guys!

Missy
Hugs Missy.............you are awesome. Dont let other influence in the negative. We are here to support one another.
Oh thank you so much!!

Missy
Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet words of comfort. Your prayers are so appreciated. I will check in, when I get a chance.

Missy, I am sorry you were hurt. You are loved. We are all here for you!!!

I have been working on my sister's quilt, trying to get the top finished and ready to go be quilted. Oh, how I wish I had already been working on this quilt. But, ever since surgery, I have had no desire to sew at all!!! I really dont feel like sewing now but I sure do want this quilt finished for Judy. I best get back to it so I can eventually get a few hours sleep before I get on the road. Thanks again, everyone, I appreciate all of you so much!!! Happy 4th of July. Be safe. Have fun. God Bless you all. Sandy
Old 07-03-2011, 09:39 PM

missy--some people can deal with anything until they are hit in the face with reality. your mom probably doesn't have a problem with your sexuality, but does have a problem with others judging you. my son is gay. i think i knew it before he did. i have seen him kiss another guy on the lips, and the first time i felt a little uncomfortable, but that has worn off over time.no great ball of fire came out of the sky, nobody pointed and nobody said anything, life went on. is this the first time your mom has seen you with a woman you love? it is different from what we as mom's expected to see. it's not usual for us, until it becomes usual over time and experience. i have so many friends that are of a variety of orientations. i met a slew of wonderful gay people before my son came out and we formed very strong emotional bonds. i think God led me to them, and vice versa because i would need their strength and experience to best serve my son. nobody can be held responsible for their eye color, how can we hold someone responsible for how God made them? sadly there are a lot of people in the world who think their opinion counts more than anyone else's.
don't let it bother you if you can. we love you just the way you are! i haven't been on here long, but i feel a real connection to you, and i even write comments that i think you will find funny hoping it will make you laugh and brighten your day. i've seen that you are a smart, warm and loving person who truly cares about others and is working to be the healthiest she can be. now, go give cathy a kiss, tell your mom to get used to it because it is the new normal! here's a (((hug)))(i love doing that!) and a mom saying it's ok to be who you are, in fact, it's great!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Missy, I'm sorry you were hurt by your staunchest ally. Your mother has been at your side through so much. In your defense, you're right, your sister and fiance need to show restraint in public. In your mother's defense, you've got to remember that yours is the first generation that being lesbian is openly acceptable. Your mother was raised in another time and has done well to be supportive to date. She also comes from a generation that worries about what other people think which would explain by she was upset in public when she isn't at home. My ex husband had that one down pat, though somehow it skipped me. Also being the mother of the bride can be stressful. You are expected to know all the answers even before the question is asked.

I think you and your mother need to have a cup of tea together and make peace with where you are at. The mother/daughter bond is stronger than the glitches that come along.

I'm also sorry you are getting PMs like that. That is just cowardly for someone to attack privately. BTW, in my post, I wasn't defending you. I was just telling the truth. You are a valuable part of this thread. Maybe I shouldn't have come back to edit my first response. I decided this thread was not the place for my red headed temper to fly, so I removed the last part.

Last week I taught my 13 year old granddaughter to stand and walk tall. - "Get your shoulders back and butt under you and be proud of who you are." Good advice for all of us.

Hugs to all who need one and hugs to all who don't know they need one. We all do.

I AM losing weight.
Judy
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 PM

thanks, judy! i forgot, i AM losing weight!
even tho' i just read the can and discovered coke with splenda is 140 calories. really? really?? poo!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
thanks, judy! i forgot, i AM losing weight!
even tho' i just read the can and discovered coke with splenda is 140 calories. really? really?? poo!
Wow, that's a lot of calories that I would NOT have expected.

Everybody here convinced me to stop drinking carbonated drinks and I DO feel better for it
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Missy I'm sending you a great big hug and do sit down with your mom and have that talk. Judy you are right on.
Hugs to you and your mom.
Gail
Old 07-03-2011, 11:35 PM

mj, i gave up aspartame, and now i guess i'll have to give up coke. i was so excited to find a caffeine free no sugar, no aspartame coke. i repeat...poo!

just the same, i AM losing!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:46 PM

I am new to the weight loss challenge, but already consider ya'll to be friends and I hate that someone would be deliberately hurtful. It is mean and ugly, good riddance!!!

I started my weight loss June 3rd, tried doing Medi but the restrictive calories and supplements made me sick. I began Atkins with my DH and we have both been successful so far. I lost almost 10 pounds for the month and am ready to lose another 10 because school starts in August.

We decided to take an Atkins break today :). Went for pizza after church, yummy, and picked up a few things I'd been craving to enjoy this evening. I realized that I have gotten adjusted to eating healthier, drinking more water, and taking my vitamins. Yes, I did enjoy the pizza, but am excited to start fresh in the morning eating lean meats and fresh veggies.

Happy 4th everyone! Enjoy time with friends and family, make good food choices, and remember we ARE losers ;)

Hugz~Amy
Old 07-04-2011, 01:55 AM

Missy, I agree with what others have said in response to your situation with your mom. It's hard when someone you rely on and trust has an "emotional slip". You are such a wonderful, caring person that I wonder what hurts the most, your mom's comment or what you said in response. Hang in there and be strong. You've always been an inspiration to me. I'm getting stronger and braver everyday because of your example. (((((HUGS))))) to you. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless.