Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 AM

Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short. I would love to join if you allow late comers.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
missy--some people can deal with anything until they are hit in the face with reality. your mom probably doesn't have a problem with your sexuality, but does have a problem with others judging you. my son is gay. i think i knew it before he did. i have seen him kiss another guy on the lips, and the first time i felt a little uncomfortable, but that has worn off over time.no great ball of fire came out of the sky, nobody pointed and nobody said anything, life went on. is this the first time your mom has seen you with a woman you love? it is different from what we as mom's expected to see. it's not usual for us, until it becomes usual over time and experience. i have so many friends that are of a variety of orientations. i met a slew of wonderful gay people before my son came out and we formed very strong emotional bonds. i think God led me to them, and vice versa because i would need their strength and experience to best serve my son. nobody can be held responsible for their eye color, how can we hold someone responsible for how God made them? sadly there are a lot of people in the world who think their opinion counts more than anyone else's.
don't let it bother you if you can. we love you just the way you are! i haven't been on here long, but i feel a real connection to you, and i even write comments that i think you will find funny hoping it will make you laugh and brighten your day. i've seen that you are a smart, warm and loving person who truly cares about others and is working to be the healthiest she can be. now, go give cathy a kiss, tell your mom to get used to it because it is the new normal! here's a (((hug)))(i love doing that!) and a mom saying it's ok to be who you are, in fact, it's great!
Thank you so much! Cathie and I are staying with my parents. Cathie has a house in Nebraska and because of all that I have going here it is easier for her to come here for a month or 6 weeks than it would be for me to go to her. I have a sign in my room that I made and took to the Gay Pride events/parade in San Francisco. It says, "I am proud of my mom who is proud of me". I still feel that way and I think my mom is proud of me too. I just think she was under so much stress and all of that that it took her off guard. She has been very very sweet today and I am most thankful for that. I do love my mom and am so glad we are back to being close again.

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Missy, I'm sorry you were hurt by your staunchest ally. Your mother has been at your side through so much. In your defense, you're right, your sister and fiance need to show restraint in public. In your mother's defense, you've got to remember that yours is the first generation that being lesbian is openly acceptable. Your mother was raised in another time and has done well to be supportive to date. She also comes from a generation that worries about what other people think which would explain by she was upset in public when she isn't at home. My ex husband had that one down pat, though somehow it skipped me. Also being the mother of the bride can be stressful. You are expected to know all the answers even before the question is asked.

I think you and your mother need to have a cup of tea together and make peace with where you are at. The mother/daughter bond is stronger than the glitches that come along.

I'm also sorry you are getting PMs like that. That is just cowardly for someone to attack privately. BTW, in my post, I wasn't defending you. I was just telling the truth. You are a valuable part of this thread. Maybe I shouldn't have come back to edit my first response. I decided this thread was not the place for my red headed temper to fly, so I removed the last part.

Last week I taught my 13 year old granddaughter to stand and walk tall. - "Get your shoulders back and butt under you and be proud of who you are." Good advice for all of us.

Hugs to all who need one and hugs to all who don't know they need one. We all do.

I AM losing weight.
Judy
I think you are so right. Mom and I did sit down and had a good talk. Now that the wedding nonsense is over, life is getting back to normal. I really appreciate your wisdom.

You guys are the best!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Missy I'm sending you a great big hug and do sit down with your mom and have that talk. Judy you are right on.
Hugs to you and your mom.
Gail
Thank you so much! We did talk this morning and all is well now.

Hugs are so awesome! Thank you for them!!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 AM

MJ, Irishrose, Missy, not try to cause trouble by stating why I won't be joining the weight lose thread. To try to say I am against Missy because she is gay i s such a lie. I believe everyone should be able to love whoever they choose. I belong to at least 3 quilting boards and am invoved in each in someway. I post on pictures and main, have started threads on main. I am a member who is involved and I do not deserve to be accused of prejudice when I don't care who loves who and it is wrong to make others think this about me. I will protest this because I do not believe that you have the right to lie about me.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Missy, I agree with what others have said in response to your situation with your mom. It's hard when someone you rely on and trust has an "emotional slip". You are such a wonderful, caring person that I wonder what hurts the most, your mom's comment or what you said in response. Hang in there and be strong. You've always been an inspiration to me. I'm getting stronger and braver everyday because of your example. (((((HUGS))))) to you. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless.
Thank you so much! I felt so hurt by what mom said but I feel so hurt and sorry for saying what I did to my mom. I do not like speaking to someone out of anger. That is not who I am.

Thank you so much for the hugs...they are ALWAYS welcome!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Dear Missy
Sorry you are having so much stress in your life. My daughter is also gay and I have always supported her. I don't think anyone should be alone in life and I don't understand parents that don't love their children unconditionally. My daughter partner passed away with cancer and I helped take care of her while she was sick because her family told her God was punishing her and that she was going to hell. I really wanted to tell her Mother and sisters a thing or two but respected my daughters wishes to keep my mouth shut.
Okay enough about that. You see from this group that there are lots of people who love and support you .Hold your head up high and enjoy life and be d----ed with the rest.
Love you and hope you lose weight.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by SWChick
MJ, Irishrose, Missy, not try to cause trouble by stating why I won't be joining the weight lose thread. To try to say I am against Missy because she is gay i s such a lie. I believe everyone should be able to love whoever they choose. I belong to at least 3 quilting boards and am invoved in each in someway. I post on pictures and main, have started threads on main. I am a member who is involved and I do not deserve to be accused of prejudice when I don't care who loves who and it is wrong to make others think this about me. I will protest this because I do not believe that you have the right to lie about me.
Okay. Now I am REALLY confused. I never ever said that you were against me for being gay. I wrote about the problem my mom and I were having but never mentioned you in that. If I did say that would someone show me where I did that? I also do not think that there is anything to protest. I also am wondering who lied about you?

This is so strange.

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by vintage cowgirl
Dear Missy
Sorry you are having so much stress in your life. My daughter is also gay and I have always supported her. I don't think anyone should be alone in life and I don't understand parents that don't love their children unconditionally. My daughter partner passed away with cancer and I helped take care of her while she was sick because her family told her God was punishing her and that she was going to hell. I really wanted to tell her Mother and sisters a thing or two but respected my daughters wishes to keep my mouth shut.
Okay enough about that. You see from this group that there are lots of people who love and support you .Hold your head up high and enjoy life and be d----ed with the rest.
Love you and hope you lose weight.
Oh thank you so so much!! My mom and I are doing well now and am so glad for that. I am proud of who and what I am and I know my mom really is proud of me too.

Like I said last night, you guys are family to me! I love you guys so much!

Missyy
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short. I would love to join if you allow late comers.
Pam,

I do not know if you are able to join in the part where the biggest loser gets the fabric but I know that you can join in the conversation and become friends with all of us.

Missy