Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Originally Posted by charity-crafter
DH got the bikes out early this morning and we went about 5 miles or so. It's amazing how getting out and doing somethig physical helps me get my brain functioning.

I'm wanting to add more variety of veggies to my diet. I bought some chives yesterday because they were on sale...anyone know what I should do with them? The sort of have a garlic flavored grass texture. I added a couple handfuls to sauted mushrooms yesterday. Not bad.
Good for you to get out on the bikes. Keep up the good work.
I cannot wait until I can ride a bike again! I loved doing that. Unfortunately I need to lose lots more weight before I can ride one again. It will happen though because I AM LOSING WEIGHT. :)

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Patrice-J
Originally Posted by irishrose

SWChick, my post to you was only about lapband surgery, not sexual orientation. I think this has gone far enough. Please post in your other groups.

IRISHROSE who the fuc* are you to tell SWChick to post in her other groups??????? This is a free open to the public forum she can post whereever she wants!
You complain about talking about being openly gay and erroneously not talking about family (even though there is a picture of a baby in this thread), and then have the unmirigated gall to curse on an open forum??? :thumbdown: Exactly why are you here as I have heard nothing supportive nor anything about quilting, just complaints. We are here for uplifting, giving, loving support for each other. Why are you here?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I tried a recipe for whoopie pies this last week that where chock full of good veggies. They were soo good... If anyone is interested in this unbelievably easy recipe, let me know!
Whoopie pies with veggies? Yes, you definately have to post that recipe. I'll add it to my bean brownie collection.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 AM

wow the drama here is getting out of hand, at this point I am not sure I want to be a part of this month.
I have enough drama around me I dont need it from here.

Good luck everyone with the weight you want to lose. Count me out for the prize and I will watch to see what continues from here forward.
I know I am far behind with this but where in Dallas are you? My father lives in Plano. Dallas has grown so much and it is sooo hot there. I do not enjoy the Texas heat.

I hope you have a good day!

Missy
I am close to Parkland Hospital and CHildrens hospital. The heat seems worse this year.

I am enjoying my day at work, get off around 8 pm tonight.

Cindy
Old 07-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I tried a recipe for whoopie pies this last week that where chock full of good veggies. They were soo good... If anyone is interested in this unbelievably easy recipe, let me know!
Whoopie pies with veggies? Yes, you definately have to post that recipe. I'll add it to my bean brownie collection.
Here you go!

Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies

1 18oz box carrot cake mix
1 stick butter, softened (I used butter-flavor crisco sticks)
3 eggs
1 carrot, grated
1 zucchinni, grated
1/2 cup raisins

Mix first 3 ingredients together until well mixed. Add carrots, zucchinni and raisins. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Instead of making a cream cheese frosting I bought a box of Wilton's whipped frosting mix from Michael's. It is not as sweet as the regular frosting, has a lot less calories and tastes awesome!

Once the pies are cooled then place a dolop of the frosting on one pie and then top with the other and squish it down just a tiny bit to spread the frosting.

I individually wrap these and store them in the fridge in an empty 12-pack soda box. It keeps them from getting squished in the fridge and since they are individually wrapped they stay fresher.

I think this recipe could be altered in lots of ways to make it even healthier.

Enjoy and Bon apetit!!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM

SWChick, if I offended you, I apologize. All I meant to say was that if you're not with us, please don't be against us. This thread strives to be uplifting and caring.

Patrice-J, I will honor not your post with a comment.

createfourpaws, please hang in here. We all need each other. And I need you to complete our list. MJ is still healing and I'm behind on a wedding quilt for this Saturday. Help.

The rest of you, let's ignore this glitch in our quest to improve our health and continue posting about our weight loss, our quilts and yes, our lives. Our emotional state effects our weight loss and for that reason is an acceptable reason to share where we are at in this particular moment.

Wishing you all a great Independence Day. I am losing weight. Judy
Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM

wow the drama here is getting out of hand, at this point I am not sure I want to be a part of this month.
I have enough drama around me I dont need it from here.

Good luck everyone with the weight you want to lose. Count me out for the prize and I will watch to see what continues from here forward.
I know I am far behind with this but where in Dallas are you? My father lives in Plano. Dallas has grown so much and it is sooo hot there. I do not enjoy the Texas heat.

I hope you have a good day!

Missy
I am close to Parkland Hospital and CHildrens hospital. The heat seems worse this year.

I am enjoying my day at work, get off around 8 pm tonight.

Cindy
My dad is saying the same thing about the heat. Am I remembering correctly that Parkland is off of Harry Hines? I have not lived in the Dallas area since 94. I will be in Dallas though at the end of the month. I hope you stay cool the rest of the day!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 10:12 AM

Judy,

What pattern are you using for the wedding quilt?

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 AM

My Marine Corps granddaughter is marrying a fellow Marine who just returned from Afghanistan last Friday. I met him Saturday. Medium tall, dark and handsome. He seems like a very nice young man. He passed the inspection of my ex-Marine Corps son, her uncle, who is a very good judge of character. The bride lived with us when he was a senior in high school and she was a kindergarten so he has a soft spot for her.

The quilt is a Jewel Box made with a black swirl background and Moda Swirls as the brights. At first I didn't like the black, but it's now going together very nicely. The bride loves orange, so it's there. My LQS ordered a whole bolt so I could buy a half yard. Got to love that kind of service. So back to my little Singer 301 I go.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My Marine Corps granddaughter is marrying a fellow Marine who just returned from Afghanistan last Friday. I met him Saturday. Medium tall, dark and handsome. He seems like a very nice young man. He passed the inspection of my son, her uncle, who is a very good judge of character. The bride lived with us when he was a senior in high school and she was a kindergarten so he has a soft spot for her.

The quilt is a Jewel Box made with a black swirl background and Moda Swirls as the brights. At first I didn't like the black, but it's now going together very nicely. The bride loves orange, so it's there. My LQS ordered a whole bolt so I could buy a half yard. Got to love that kind of service. So back to my little Singer 301 I go.
Your LQS is awesome!! I am sure the quilt is going to be gorgeous! I hope you are able to get it finished in time. I am all the way in SD cheering you on!!

Missy