Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM

That's so true about savoring the first few bites. After that it doesn't seem to taste as good as those first bites of something.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Count me in for July! I hope to improve over my June weight loss, but I guess that depends on me!!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:14 AM

How do I get started in this? I'm new to QB and this is the first I've heard of this and where do I go toto chat with everybody?
Originally Posted by irishrose
This is a continuation of the weight loss thread.

I put the date first so it would be easier to "search".

On July 1 weigh yourself and write it down. Do NOT send it to me. On July 31 weigh yourself again and PM Purplemen or me with your loss. We'll let you know. This is weight lost, not % lost. I will announce the winner August 1.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit chat is allowed, as well as WAYWO, (what are we working on). Our lives impact our weight, so it's okay to share. Please stay positive and uplifting as that is what keeps us on track. Come to this thread for tips, recipes, encouragement and {{{{HUGS}}}}}}

The prize is a themed FQ. At the end of the month the people who didn't lose as much weight will contact the BIGGEST loser/winner for their information and sent them the themed FQ.

July is for sitting back and enjoying our flower gardens and the sunshine. This month's theme is garden florals. As always if you can not send the theme fabric please send what you have. If you don't have an FQ, send a linear 1/4 yard.

Eat healthy, exercise, try and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign up deadline to be included in the Prize Venture is July 3 at noon EST. You can always contribute to the thread, but it is only fair to have a cutoff for those trying to win.

TO PARTICIPATE, JUST SIGN IN HERE ON THIS THREAD BEFORE JUly 3. THERE IS NO NEED TO PM FOR PARTICIPATION, JUST YOUR ENDING WEIGHT LOSS FOR THE MONTH.

Purplemen is 'under the weather', so I am a temporary substitute. Please feel free to join us if this subject is of interest to you.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 AM

good afternoon, fellow losers! Isn't it fun to be a "loser?"

I am back in the fold, after a few rounds of antibiotics and lots of sleep. Irish, Thank you so much for being my substitute. It took a load off of my mind to know you were here when I couldn't be.

Well, who's the winner? I mean loser?? I mean winner?? LOL!

I don't know about you, but I think we all are. Just moving forward is an enormous change. Staying still beats the national average. Gaining? [shrug] it happens. Look at your last 12 months, what is your average?

For those of us on a medical challenge if we have improved our health AT ALL in the last year, we are doing great!

I don't want the body of Angelina Jolie, but I sure as heck want her stamina! Have you seen the strength of that woman!

journal-why am I really here?

motivation-why am I really here?

Do you see a trend forming?

Quilting-why am I really here? (I couldn't resist!)
Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 PM

trkryf, you did a good job last month. It's a good start!

Welcome, vintage cowgirl. You just did sign up by saying you wanted to be part of this. To access the thread easily, bookmark it. Then you just open 'Bookmarks' to find it. I often use 'My Posts'. I usually post often enough to keep it on the first page. We need to hear from all of you. We are in this together!

Where is Xylie? It's been a few days since she posted. She asked that someone give a challenge this month. Hers was 5 pounds for the month for June. She made it, which is good. I didn't because it wasn't right for me, so my challenge for each of you is to set a goal that is reasonable and doable and write on your calender. Expectations of over 2 pounds a week, which is 9 pounds for a long month may not be a good idea as the consensus is that rapid weight loss after the first week isn't always healthy. We need to be healthy first. You don't have to post it here. Just where you can see it. I will annouce mine. I want to lose 2 pounds. I am in the home stretch and losing slowly. I also don't want too many wrinkles and want my old skin to keep up with my weight loss. Don't laugh. If I succeed, it will be two pounds less than I weigh now. BTW, for June participants - I only lost one pound. But it's one I didn't gain!

In short, this month's challenge is what's personally right for you, but post it somewhere. I do think it's good to have a goal in mind. Short term is good as little successes add up to a big success.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM

Hi MJ - SO good to hear from you again. We were in good hands, as you know. I hope you are feeling better. I agree - I want STAMINA!

I did move forward last month, but not like I did in May. My little stint with the ice cream had a negative mental side effect. Then I got these knee shots and have been bedridden since. Dr says everything is on track and not to worry. MY DH has been wonderful, keeping us all fed and the house in order. I am so blessed to have him.

I still have goals I plan to work to accomplish this month, but did not plan on recovering from disability first. I lost 14# in May and 6.6# in June. Twenty pounds for 2 months is pretty snazzy.

Hugs all.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 PM

Irish, Ive been wondering about Xylie, too. Think I'll check on her.

Lynne
Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 PM

Oh yeah, I'm on this ride for July as well.

Always glad to have fresh meat, I mean, new members! This is great stashbusting for me, not too shabby weight loss numbers either.

Have a super safe 4th of July holiday!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

BTW, I do have a lot of food allergies, but I don't care. The one I care about is this: I am allergic to food. I break out in fat.
THIS IS PRICELESS!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Hi everyone, Day 1 has been good so far, very excited. I have never tried to lose weight with fabric being the incentive, that's A LOT of incentive, lol!

I have to figure out my pedometer, it didn't appear to be working correctly right out he box. I guess I will have to ask DH to help me figure it out. 10,000 steps a day seems like SO much! I am very curious to see what I do now and what changes I will have to make to increase my activity level.