Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Can you tell us how much weight was lost by everybody in June?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Yes, ma'am. Spend many nights during summer vacation not thinking about getting up for the four letter word that begins with 'w'! I love teaching, but I've spent 187 days with other's children now it's time for my own! ;).
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Nanci, I totally agree with you, but it's part of our nature as a species that reproduces to be drawn to attractive features. No harm in looking as long as that's all we do. I see so few movies that I can't even remember the name of the guy who replaced Brad Pitt for me. Was it the other one in "The Gladiators'? Dark haired and way young.

M.E.H. I can't total the pounds lost because not everyone lets me (or I should say MJ) know. Usually only participants who lose more than 5 pounds report the loss. The nine who let me know lost 64 pounds total. One was a 3, the others were over 5. I don't think we should be hung up on numbers. It's simply a way a determine our winner. As I said before, we are all winners if we are improving our health.

On to a healthy month!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
hello rita's mom! i have to ask. who is your avatar? such a sultry look!
amyg-- are you a late nite person, too?
My avitar is my "Blue Dog" Rita! Who I am supposed to be walking every day, but have not been doing like I said I would. :roll:

It seems like lately I am a night owl. LOL Sometimes it is the only time I can get 5 minutes of peace and quiet to concentrate on reading the posts on here.

MJ glad to hear your feeling better!
Missy sorry to hear about your troubles today. Are you allowed to have cake if you just have a tiny portion? If I really really want something I have been just having a very small portion of it and move on. That way I have what I want and stop craving it, and feel good that I stayed in control.

I went shopping today and picked up my .......ummm Husky? but losing quarter? For last months winner. Then hubby wanted to go out to dinner, at a buffet of all things! So I thought well it is the first day of the month so I will treat my self because I have hit the 40 pounds lost mark yesterday. I know I went over my calorie limit but let me tell you all something, except for the salad not one thing really even tasted that good. I just had small amounts of everything I thought I had been missing and now I wish I hadn't because like I said nothing but the salad even tasted that good and it wasn't worth the set back calorie wise. I actually feel much better eating healthy and lite. Something I would never have believed 3 months ago! So for all of the newcomers work hard and stick to your eating plan and your tastes and habbits WILL change. I also realized I only had 2 glasses of water all day till dinner time because I was unorganized and running all day. Not a good start to the month but tomorrow is a new day and I WILL be back on track! We are staying home and irrigating all weekend then we have a bbq on the 4th but I am bringing a fresh fruit salad so I am sure I can make good choices and stay on track.

Irishrose I have that same allergy as you....it causes my butt to get big! LOL :oops:

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Drink lots and lots of water, eat small and healthy, and give yourselves a hug for doing something nice for yourselves. :thumbup:
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 PM

OH Ya, congrats charity crafter!!! I will PM you for your addy!
I was wondering where Xylie is also. Anyone heard from her?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 PM

Rita's mom, you confused me there for a minute. You were talking about Rita, then mentioned Husky. I have a canine one curled up under my feet right now, so for a minute, it didn't compute. BTW, my Husky mix isn't husky. She is very muscular, but slim and small waisted. My Border Collie/Lab is a little cutie. Very slim, too, but so furry it's hard to tell.

My previous dog was ACD/Aussie. Very ACD in behavior. Such a fun dog!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Count me in this month.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Well,hello everybody.I'm in for the month of July.And in for the fat quarters.I just been preoccupied.The last 2 weeks the only one who knew what was going on was missy.But now that it's over,I can briefly touch on it.Hubby had a lot of blood in his shorts,came from uniary track.Went to urologist and they did tests,and kidneys were fine,but bladder had infection,inflamed,and popped some blood vessles,so that's where the blood came from he thought,did a biopsy,thought it was cancer.Had to wait 2 weeks,so just found out he doesn't have anything.Was a mystery to the dr.and he said 5% of these are just unexplainable.But did pray,so if he did have something,it was gone by the time the dr saw the results.So,he couldn't explain it.But we can of course.So,I haven't been sleeping well,and it's hot here.So,tomorrow I'm staying in,118 degrees tomorrow and I'm going to sit by the air conditioner.Plus we been helping an old lady who just lost her hubby 2 1/2 week ago down the rd.We stopped by tuesday,and she didn't even have TV,as her dish got shut off cause she too was in the hospital.So went back wednsday and in 30 minutes,I had her VHF hooked up and now she has 9 free channels,3 are Fox,nbc,and cbs.So now she can watch her shows.She was a happy camper when we left.We told her we'd be back,as she needs some other stuff done too.So,will have to stop by every other day at least.I think I'm going to get her a computer and show her how to run it.I got 2 older ones that work fine.Especially for learning on.Then she too can be like me and learn how to use it.I know she'd have a ball on it.I just learned myself 2 yrs ago,my other neighbor got a new one and gave me hers.I taught myself with a book.So,this lady will have it better than me,cause I'll be showing her how.Anyway,so that's what I been doing behind the scenes.But it's over now,so can get back to losing weight and cheering everybody on.I hate to hear MJ is under the weather.Hope she's better soon too.I know we just dodged a big bullet,so maybe she can pull a rabbit out of her hat and get to feeling better too.Ok,lets get down to business.I'm ready to tackle my weight issues.I haven't budged for 3 weeks now.But only because I'd droped 10 pounds the 1st 2 weeks and didn't want to lose any more for the month.And I haven't.But want to go to 150 lbs.So,I got 8 pounds to get off this month.So,any challenges this month? Someone give us a challenge to meet.I think we do better with a number in mind or A goal to meet.I do any way.And Karen,glad your going to be here with us this month.Hello and welcome to all who are just joining in and want to change their lives and shed the pounds.Your in the right place.You'll be losing weight here with the rest of us.I started out at 250,and am 158 now.And still losing.Had to get some clothes today at the goodwill,as mine are swimming on me.So,good luck everyone.I hope Mj is better soon!I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am...
Old 07-01-2011, 11:20 PM

I am in. I need some motivation to get me started. Glad I found this. Time for less food and more exercise!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 AM

welcome back, xylie! our challenge is to set a reasonable goal for ourselves and work to achieve it. i'll go head to head with you on 8 lbs if you want. that's how much i lost in june. glad everything worked out well for your husband! mine had pancreatic cancer, but is now doing fine. sure thought i was going to be a widow! awfully glad to have him here still, and he intends to keep it that way. i told him i'd love him for the rest of my life. and he said, "you told me you're going to die first". so i said, "yes, and after that you're on your own. i didn't say anything about the rest of *your* life!". glad we got that settled, lol