Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Drum roll, please ****** the winner is charity-crafter with a 10 pound loss ***********. Please PM her for her snail mail address and send a losing quarter (nancia says we don't like the word fat).

Charity-crafter, congratulations and please post here so people can find you easily. I know there's a list, but here is easier.
Wow, thanks so much. I'm surprised I was the winner.
For June I made myself a couple rules for eating. I have a bad habit of basically mindless eating in the evenings after work. I'd sort of vegetate while watching tv, and think about all that is wrong with my life instead of actually doing something about it.

Rule 1: no eating in my tv chair.

rule 2: no eating from the box or bag, I have to pour 1 serving into a bowl. You know how easy it is to polish off a half box of cereal or 8 oz bag of nuts or dried cranberries. Hey at least my mindless eating is basically heatlhy.

rule 3: don't buy it if I'm tempted to eat the entire thing in one sitting. I can't use the excuse I'm buying it for the kids or the hubby-he doesn't eat junk food. (men are another rant about weight loss for later)

I strapped my podometer on and had a goal of 10,000 steps a day. I only actually made it about 4 days in June...but at least I was up in the 7-8k range most days.

Should I post my snail mail online or wait for private messages? It looks like there were ~60 people playing for June.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:08 AM

Welcome to all the newbie's. So glad you're here with us.

MJ I am so glad you are back - Irishrose did an outstanding job in your absence.

My goals for this month are going to be fairly simple:
Drink 5 or 6 16 oz bottles of water a day.
Maintain my weight or maybe lose 1 lb.
Follow chiropractors instruction so my back and neck can be healthy and I can be headache free.
Exercise 5 days a week.

Best wishes to everyone will try to post everyday.
Thanks for the support during this past difficult week.

Oh I lost 1 lb but then gained it back so I'm at the same weight the first of July as I was the first of June
Old 07-02-2011, 05:31 AM

Welcome, DONK and not-sew-sane. Welcome back to returnees.

charity-crafter, the QB doesn't want addresses posted on the open forum, so you need to wait for PMs. When I PM you, you can tell me if you'd rather have a color the white. 15 yards of white on white or cream is a lot. I would hope everyone sends theirs.

Xylie, too bad you and your husband had to go through that, but how wonderful that it was treatable.

Jeanne, it sounds like you feel better. You did well to maintain weight with those headaches. When I hurt, I eat.

If you use a pedometer, be sure it registers before you feel discouraged. Apparently I don't put my feet my arthritic, screw and plate ridden feet down hard enough to make a pedometer register. I have tried several, both inexpensive and pricy. I can walk half an hour and only take 6 steps (according to the pedometer). Strange.

I only got in one walk yesterday. As I headed out for the second one, someone started lighting some kind of fireworks. That's all she wrote for Lily, though Moira couldn't care less. So we had to turn around.

Today is July 2nd. A day of healthy choices and good fun for all of us. I have a birthday party for a great granddaughter, then my son and granddaughter are spending the night. He's always good company. I'll skip their fishing trip. The mosquitoes are terrible this year.

Off to bake cookies for the party now. Sour cream sugar cookies sound good. Don't panic - I won't eat any. Celiac Disease, but I can still smell them baking and see the guests enjoy them. The air may go on today for the first time. I can't see my son not flipping that switch after I start baking.

I AM losing weight. Judy
Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 AM

Count me in, only 4lbs in June. :twisted:
Old 07-02-2011, 06:07 AM

When I PM you, you can tell me if you'd rather have a color the white. 15 yards of white on white or cream is a lot. I would hope everyone sends theirs.
I make QOV's and applique blocks for kids quilts QFK's so I love wow and creams, :lol: even 15 yards.

But I also am always on the look out for patriotic fabrics too. so what ever

If you use a pedometer, be sure it registers before you feel discouraged. Apparently I don't put my feet my arthritic, screw and plate ridden feet down hard enough to make a pedometer register. I have tried several, both inexpensive and pricy. I can walk half an hour and only take 6 steps (according to the pedometer). Strange.
I've had good luck with my Omorn http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-D...pr_product_top

It might not work with you, Irishrose, but others who are looking this is good. I've had it for several years now and it still works-even dropped it a couple times. I have to change the battery about once year.

The freebies and cheapies tend to stop working within a few months or less if I drop it in the toilet-surprisingly they don't work after that.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:12 AM

charity crafter, that looks like it might work because it seems more sensitive. I like the idea that it will work from a pocket or bag. Yeah, water and electronics isn't a good mix.

Have a clean eating day, y'all.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Good Luck everyone, my month will be a challenge since I will be on vacation most of the month. I will be spend 2 weeks on the beach, plan on walking as much as possible while there. I am hoping this will be my kickstart I need for the exercise I need to keep going.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:03 PM

Here is the list so far of who has signed up.
1. Irishrose
2. Missygirl
3. Scrapngmom
4. M.E.H.
5. JHolm
6. quilter68
7. bjeriann
8. createfourpaws
9. quilthappygail
10. nancia
11. quilt chris
12. craftygal
13. charity crafter
14. Amy G.
15. Rita's Mom
16. Clara 101
17. mean mom
18. WMUTeach
19. pinebeltquilter
20. talkn58
21. DanaNVa
22. Kat cox
23. brew59
24. trkrsyf
25. vintage cowgirl
26. purplemem
27. Leann
28. DONK
29. Xylie55
30. not_sew_sane
31. country1

Good Luck Ladies, I will update the list again on the 4th.

Cindy
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM

Ok,that sounds good.We'll do 8 pounds this month.That's 8 less than we had.Plus it's a longer month,so we should be able to do that easy.Even if we only do 3 to 5 pounds,as long as we're headed down the ladder,and keep it off.That's why I quite at 10 last month,because it's going to go up a little and down through the month,so I have to find the calorie/burn intake and output to stay there.I just have to have a target to shoot at.I'm glad your hubby is doing better.It is scary.I told my hubby,when I get through with him,I'll let him know,until then he isn't going anywhere.That is good you lost 8 pounds.We just have to keep it up and stay with it.Now that you know what works for you,like me,we just have to stick with it,and not get too carried away and lose too much too fast.Slow is better and stays off.What is your weight now?Mine is 158.And Karen,you should join us.As I know you can do 8 pounds with one hand tied behind your back.That's only 2 pounds a week.Even if we lose 3 pounds,at least we lost. Good luck ladies.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:08 PM

Hi all
I would love to join in with Nancia Xylie on the 8# challange. Since I lost 7.5 in June I have a good shot at 8. So count me in. My starting weight is 158 also Xylie and so happy that your DH is doing better. Lets all have fun and be safe on this our Nations Independence Day. God Bless all our troops wherever they may be.
Gail