Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:53 PM

welcome, gail! anyone else want to join us? we'd love to have you! i find a little competition, friendly of course, just helps me stay focused. good luck everybody! happy 4th!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Nope! Eight isn't for me and our challenge this month is to set a PERSONAL goal and write it down. I have a huge yellow 2 on the calendar that runs my life. Since I retired, I need to check that calendar at least once a day, so I will see the 2. In reality, I may change my goal to a size, not a weight. The day my smallest size 12 pants fit, I'm done. I truly don't want to get any smaller than that. In the mean time, I will work toward my goal of a 2 pound loss by July 31th.

The b'day party went off as planned. Now my son is off fishing and I'm in charge of four dogs. I think they multiply exponentially. Two isn't many, but four is a lot. Of course, I'm only set up for two, so that makes a difference. One of the visitors is an older MinPin, who like to rule the roost. Moira listens to her, but Liliana only giver her that Siberian look that says ,"And your point is?" The other visitor is a huge Lab who just wants to be loved - and fed.

Happy a safe, happy holiday!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Thank you for link to pedometer. I just odered one. I think this group will help motivate me, losing weight is harder as you get older.
Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Originally Posted by irishrose
When I PM you, you can tell me if you'd rather have a color the white. 15 yards of white on white or cream is a lot. I would hope everyone sends theirs.
I make QOV's and applique blocks for kids quilts QFK's so I love wow and creams, :lol: even 15 yards.

But I also am always on the look out for patriotic fabrics too. so what ever

Originally Posted by irishrose
If you use a pedometer, be sure it registers before you feel discouraged. Apparently I don't put my feet my arthritic, screw and plate ridden feet down hard enough to make a pedometer register. I have tried several, both inexpensive and pricy. I can walk half an hour and only take 6 steps (according to the pedometer). Strange.
I've had good luck with my Omorn http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-D...pr_product_top

It might not work with you, Irishrose, but others who are looking this is good. I've had it for several years now and it still works-even dropped it a couple times. I have to change the battery about once year.

The freebies and cheapies tend to stop working within a few months or less if I drop it in the toilet-surprisingly they don't work after that.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 PM

I will join for another month. I lost 6 #s, but there where several gains in there as well and ended up with a .4 loss. At this rate, FQs will not be coming my way. Best wishes to everyone and may this month bring good health too.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Here is the list so far of who has signed up.
1. Irishrose
2. Missygirl
3. Scrapngmom
4. M.E.H.
5. JHolm
6. quilter68
7. bjeriann
8. createfourpaws
9. quilthappygail
10. nancia
11. quilt chris
12. craftygal
13. charity crafter
14. Amy G.
15. Rita's Mom
16. Clara 101
17. mean mom
18. WMUTeach
19. pinebeltquilter
20. talkn58
21. DanaNVa
22. Kat cox
23. brewsa
24. trkrsyf
25. vintage cowgirl
26. purplemem
27. Leann
28. DONK
29. Xylie55
30. not_sew_sane
31. country1

Good Luck Ladies, I will update the list again on the 4th.

Cindy
32. pinsninks
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 AM

I think this month I'm adding another rule to my eating

No eating at the computer.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 AM

I'd like to join the 8lb. challenge. That is what I was hoping for my lose in July. It's always so much more fun to do this together. My DH bought me an eliptical machine that I need to start using more. My goal is to be on it 3 times a day, 5 to 10 mins. each time. That would be 15 to 30 mins. a day.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:24 AM

Hello everyone. I'm in for the month but not for the losing quarter. Life is very hectic right now. I went to FL for 2 wks for DGD high school graduation. Overdid it with my knee, but have been faithfully doctoring it since being back home. Its much better. However, I am leaving tomorrow morning going back to So GA. My oldest sister, Judy, was diagnosed with a rare breast cancer 3 yrs go. Last yr it had metastasized to her lungs. She just got results of new PET scan last week. Cancer is now in her liver. She has drastically declined in the past week, so Im heading back home. I dont know how long I will be there, 1,2 wks or longer. Im taking it one day a time and will do whatever Judy needs/wants me to do. She just turned 61. Bless her heart!! Ive been trying to finish a quilt I started for her many yrs ago, with family/personal info and pictures hand embroidered. I want to get this thing finished and too her asap. I do not have time to quilt it myself, so Im taking it to Stewy and he is going to quilt it and give it back to me the next day. God Bless his heart!!!! Unfortunately, I will have to work during the day while I am in GA but so thankful I work remote from home so I CAN go when I am needed. Judy said at least I will "be there" with her.

I am proud of all the losing you all have been doing. I am down as this morning is my lowest weight, which I havent seen in 10 yrs. I need to go back and look to see what I weighed the beginning of June to know how many lbs I did lose last month, but I know it wasnt anywhere near 10 lbs. I have now lost a total of 28.1 lbs. Im SOOO close to the 30 lb mark but still a long way to go. I will check in when I can. Keep up the good work!!!! God Bless you all. Sandy

Lynne, I met a man the other day who rec'd the same injections you did. He said the 1st one took 2 wks to feel results of. The 2nd one gave him almost immmediately relief. You're in my prayers, my friend!
Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 AM

I just went back and checked. I lost 2.4 lbs last month. I would like for it to have been more but at least it a loss. I just need to jump start myself to losing more.

Missy, I have not forgotten your losing quarter. I have it and just need to get it in the mail. Sorry for being so late but life has just gotten in the way with my normal routine. Take care. Sandy
Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 AM

Just came home from church not feeling well. Ate way to many snacks. I think I'm going to start taking fruit to church with me and when I feel compelled to eat something sweet I'll have a piece of fruit. I just can't seem to get the snack urge under control when I'm setting up the kitchen for treats and coffee. It is so hard for me.

I've been migrain free since Friday when I had my last chiropractic adjustment so I feel pretty good about that. I still have pain elsewhere but I'm confident when he gets my neck and back into alignment that I will be good as new.

Sandy my prayers are with you and you sister. Travel safe and enjoy the time you have with here.