Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM

[quote=nancia] it's not easy to put all this out there in front of you. it's very scary that i might be wrong and you will tell me to get lost or "kick" me off the board. but i'm trusting that you won't and you will understand what i'm telling you quote]

I'm not a big fan of quoting everything, but I had to do this.

Not much makes me cry unless it concerns children or dogs, but you got me, girl. No one is going to tell you to get lost or kick you off the board. As I have said a dozen times we are here for each other and that means we are here for YOU. I'm so glad that you have found a way to start pulling yourself back to the world - such as it is.

I know it's an old recommendation, but have a tried a church? We have a 'rule' that no one is talk to their friends at coffee hour until after they've greeted a newcomer and, hopefully, invited that person to join an activity, whether it's a study of some sort or even to work in the kitchen. You can form friendships working together for the common good. That being said, my best friend has moved away and I've found no substitute for her. I have friends, but no best friend and I miss that. I have a did lovely visit with her early this Summer.

Thank you, Nanci, for trusting us enough to share your feelings. {{hugs}}

I am losing weight. I found out how - have a light lunch and take a two year old to the park. That'll do it.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM

Gee I go to bed and 12:30 and now just 14 hours later I have a novel to read. I love it.
Nancia I have only two grandchildren that I have had no real contact with since they were small do to a nasty divorce. I was angr,y hurt, sad, and depressed for many years. I made contact with each of them a few years ago since they are grown and are no longer under the "in-laws roof" so they can when ready become part of our family again. As of this point they choose not to so. I resolved myself to that and am felling better about them. They choose to believe lies that were told so be it I can't change that I can only offer them my love if they want it. Live life the best you can and don't carry the burden of things you have no control over. It took me a long time to realize that, I'm 68 and needed to move on and not dwell on things I can't change.

Went on a walk again today early this morning and had a healthy breakfast and lunch and need to drink more water. It's very humid and that makes me cranky. All your posts have brightened my day thank you

I will now take a half hour to work on a quilt and then make potato salad for DH for his dinner. No I'm now having any. It's just for him
Hugs to all ..I am losing
Gail.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:37 PM

i think the one word that describes what's happening to all of us is control. we want to have control of our lives. you can control what you put into your mouth or don't put into your mouth. there are so many things that happen to and around us that we can't control, but eating we can. so we control it by eating what we want or have been told not to. or in some cases, not eating because we have been told to eat. it's very complicated i know, but those of us on this thread, this journey are Gaining control of our diet and our health and our lives. and are using that control for a good result! i can get angry with my husband and go eat french fries to 'feel better' and to hurt him. how is he hurt? it's me who is getting hurt by it. so i'm taking back that control and i'm making myself choose good things to eat and to do. i have to stop being upset with me for anything and every thing i've messed up on in sixty years and let them go, too. i deserve to eat right and i deserve to feel as good as possible. i am worth the effort, and so are you. together we are stronger than alone. i am losing weight. i am gaining control.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM

I have BIG news!!

I went for my first fill today and I have lost another 9 pounds for a grand total of 110 pounds!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!

Today is going to be a mushy food day since I got the fill. He put 3 cc of fluid in my band. That is a good amount and it feels good to not be experiencing hunger.

I love what Nancia wrote a few minutes ago..."I am losing weight. I am gaining control." LOVE IT!!!

I hope everyone is doing great today!!

Missy
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM

Congrats Missy..............I am happy for you.

I am taking control and losing the weight.

Cindy
Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM

way to go, missy! that's 9 lbs, or really 110 you'll never have to look at again! woohoo!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by Leann
Irish, Ive been wondering about Xylie, too. Think I'll check on her.

Lynne
Thank you for checking in on me.I was missing everybody,but was so tired and drained.But didn't over eat.So am still on track.Haven't lost any this month,as the 4th was a busy week end.So will buckle down and get started.We had rain tonight,so my aches and pains were really flared up.A dr once told me,that the weather didn't have any thing to do with aches,apparently,he never lived in Kansas with artheritis.The rains do most certainly flare the joint pains up.On me any way.So,thanks for checking.There was something wrong.But I'm back now and will start posting again.Hope we have a great month .It's going to be a long one.So should be able to lose some weight.
You were here so much, then you were gone. We HAD to check on you. I'm in on your 8# challenge this month.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Why is it when you give up and run up the water bill watering the grass, it rains shortly afterward. Rain wasn't forecast until Saturday and my flowers looked tired, so I watered this afternoon. Now it's pouring. It hadn't better be taking off the rose petals. it's really coming down.

Leann, I hope the knees become more useful every day. I did talk to my DD. She had the three shots. I taught 4 of my children to drive. The fifth, I gave the job to my husband because he was more patient than I am. She didn't get her license until she was graduated, employed and had saved enough money to buy a car she could drive.

Judy
Murphy's law.

Thanks for letting me know, Judy. I am markedly better today. I am approaching my elliptical time as physical therapy and since I started it last Saturday, my movement is so much better. Don't understand why I still have so much pain, but believing that it will subside with more time. Once I wrapped my brain around one shot verses the same amount over 3 weeks - I understand the swelling. If there is a next time, I will start using the elliptical after my 48 hour waiting time.

Josh already has his learner's permit. We made the big mistake of enrolling him in a classroom only course - did not realize it was not the complete thing. He has to satisfy 14 hours of driving supervised by me, following a state-sanctioned plan. He has grown up a lot in the last year. We don't really have any choice - he turns 18 in October. I have not been sorry that he is not driving.

Lynne
Old 07-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Xylie,
You are really motivating me! I have been stuck at this 40 lbs for 4 months, I think. At least it feels that way.

Monday I have my big doctor check up. I think it will be ugly as I have been in the hosp 4 times in the last 3 months. Plus, my INR is 1.8, so we are adjusting my coumadin. The only thing I can think up that would have messed it up is the glucerna shakes. I've been having 1 a day to help with my blood sugar spikes. they have eliminated all green things from my diet since the number is so low.

Motivation: Today I will stay on my plan, drink my water and exercise, even if just for 10 minutes.

Journal: What is my plan today, write it down!

Quilting: for 10 minutes I will do something quilty.

Do it! and Report IT! We need you for motivation.
MJ, will say prayers for your doctors visit!

My plan today involved keeping a time log so I can see where my time evaporates. I will continue to do this for 7 days.

I worked on this bargello for over an hour.

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical this morning.

I have been banking calories today as my guys are taking me to lunch tomorrow.

Lynne
Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good Morning eneryone!

One of my goals is to make this a lifestyle change instead of just weight loss. According to the ER doc and my chiropractor I've been running around dehydrated (whic also contributed to my headaches) and they want me to drink 90 - 100 oz of water a day. So for the last two days I drank 6 16 oz bottles of water a day. I'm also going to try to swim at least 5 days a week.

Today I'm going to an hour of water aerobics and spend a few hours at my LQS in a "Sit n' Sew" group. I have a couple of projects that I need to finish and it gives me motivation if I go to the group.

Well have a good day everyone.

God Bless!
Jeanne, sounds like you are swimming before you even hit the pool! That's a LOT of water.