Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Originally Posted by nancia
hello rita's mom! i have to ask. who is your avatar? such a sultry look!
amyg-- are you a late nite person, too?
My avitar is my "Blue Dog" Rita! Who I am supposed to be walking every day, but have not been doing like I said I would. :roll:

It seems like lately I am a night owl. LOL Sometimes it is the only time I can get 5 minutes of peace and quiet to concentrate on reading the posts on here.

MJ glad to hear your feeling better!
Missy sorry to hear about your troubles today. Are you allowed to have cake if you just have a tiny portion? If I really really want something I have been just having a very small portion of it and move on. That way I have what I want and stop craving it, and feel good that I stayed in control.

I went shopping today and picked up my .......ummm Husky? but losing quarter? For last months winner. Then hubby wanted to go out to dinner, at a buffet of all things! So I thought well it is the first day of the month so I will treat my self because I have hit the 40 pounds lost mark yesterday. I know I went over my calorie limit but let me tell you all something, except for the salad not one thing really even tasted that good. I just had small amounts of everything I thought I had been missing and now I wish I hadn't because like I said nothing but the salad even tasted that good and it wasn't worth the set back calorie wise. I actually feel much better eating healthy and lite. Something I would never have believed 3 months ago! So for all of the newcomers work hard and stick to your eating plan and your tastes and habbits WILL change. I also realized I only had 2 glasses of water all day till dinner time because I was unorganized and running all day. Not a good start to the month but tomorrow is a new day and I WILL be back on track! We are staying home and irrigating all weekend then we have a bbq on the 4th but I am bringing a fresh fruit salad so I am sure I can make good choices and stay on track.

Irishrose I have that same allergy as you....it causes my butt to get big! LOL :oops:

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Drink lots and lots of water, eat small and healthy, and give yourselves a hug for doing something nice for yourselves. :thumbup:
Reading up on the posts,I have to agree with you on the taste buds.We never eat out,ever,so once in the blue moon I visit my sis,they take me out.And I am disapointed in the food,too.I mean,for someone who gets to eat out maybe 1 time a yr,I really look forward to it,you know?Oh well.I like my salads better anyway.I put all the garden stuff on mine,and is really really good.I eat a lot of green salads and fresh fruits.And suprisingly,very little meat.I could be a vegetarian I think.Except,I do look forward to my steak dinner after a 20 pound loss,even if it's a few months down the rd.It motivates me,big time.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi all
I would love to join in with Nancia Xylie on the 8# challange. Since I lost 7.5 in June I have a good shot at 8. So count me in. My starting weight is 158 also Xylie and so happy that your DH is doing better. Lets all have fun and be safe on this our Nations Independence Day. God Bless all our troops wherever they may be.
Gail
Oh great.we are the same weight.Well,here's to another month,and lets get down to the 150 mark this month.I would be extatic to hit it.That would be a 100 pound loss total for me.Now that would be as good as crossing the 200 pound mark.I was happy.At 180 I was glad.At 160,I couldn't believe it.So,at 150,I'd be elated.Yeah,let's get er done girls!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:34 AM

Xylie,
You are really motivating me! I have been stuck at this 40 lbs for 4 months, I think. At least it feels that way.

Monday I have my big doctor check up. I think it will be ugly as I have been in the hosp 4 times in the last 3 months. Plus, my INR is 1.8, so we are adjusting my coumadin. The only thing I can think up that would have messed it up is the glucerna shakes. I've been having 1 a day to help with my blood sugar spikes. they have eliminated all green things from my diet since the number is so low.

Motivation: Today I will stay on my plan, drink my water and exercise, even if just for 10 minutes.

Journal: What is my plan today, write it down!

Quilting: for 10 minutes I will do something quilty.

Do it! and Report IT! We need you for motivation.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 AM

Good Morning eneryone!
Nancia sorry to hear about your migrain - I just went through that. It turned out to be my back & neck out of place. I still have some redidual pain while they are trying to get me back in shape. My prayers are with you. Keep on top of it untill they find the cause.

One of my goals is to make this a lifestyle change instead of just weight loss. According to the ER doc and my chiropractor I've been running around dehydrated (whic also contributed to my headaches) and they want me to drink 90 - 100 oz of water a day. So for the last two days I drank 6 16 oz bottles of water a day. I'm also going to try to swim at least 5 days a week.

Today I'm going to an hour of water aerobics and spend a few hours at my LQS in a "Sit n' Sew" group. I have a couple of projects that I need to finish and it gives me motivation if I go to the group.

Well have a good day everyone.

God Bless!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 AM

nanci, when do you sleep? You posted after me last night and before me this morning. I had a short night because of tutoring. Sleep is a component in weight loss. Sounds strange, but it's coming to the forefront more and more.

Xylie, those are great posts. It's always good to hear success stories like that, so then we know it can be done by all of us, not just rich people with personal trainers. Thank you for taking the time to post. We returnees need the reminder, the newbies need to hear it.

Those of you just joining and anyone else who cares to, we'd like a short bio. Who are you? Weight loss history? Family? Hopes? Dreams? Anything you'd like to share (or not). Not necessary, but a way to know each other better. I liked reading those last month though I haven't done one.

Today, Exercise? Moderate. Food? Light - too much the last few days. Water? Still my weak spot, so I AM going to drink 74 ounces. I need to stop saying 'will' on that one, too. It has to be now, not in the future, so it has to be am, not will.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. Judy
Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Missy I'm sending you a great big hug and do sit down with your mom and have that talk. Judy you are right on.
Hugs to you and your mom.
Gail
Thank you so much! We did talk this morning and all is well now.

Hugs are so awesome! Thank you for them!!

Missy
WoW,glad things are better.Just went back and was catching up on the posts.I agree with every body else,and wish you the best.You are the best,and sorley needed on this thread.We all can and do depend on you,as you can and do depend on us.We are all here for each other.That's what makes this thread work so well.And why we can lose weight here.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by vintage cowgirl
Xylie
I am overwhelmed at your weight loss. So happy for you. Your are a new woman!!!!! You give inspiration. Thank you
Yes,It was overwhelming at the start.But like I said,I broke it down in 5 pound chunks,at a time.Then the next 5 pounds.And on and on.Will be 4 yrs this august getting it off.So,not a fast progression.But with patience,and determination,and keeping with it,even when I fall off,staying with it and keep going,it can be done.I am a new woman too.I have more confidence now.Not that I wasn't confident before,but just more comfortable and confident that you and every body else on here can do it too.If I did it,and am doing it,you certainly can too.Most would look at 4 yrs and just give up.I didn't know it was going to take 4 yrs,and counting,but am almost there.I've had to tell myself NO all the time.I had to break old bad habits and retrain my thinking where health and food are concerned.I had to throw out the junk stuff and make a life style change.So,there is no reason why you can't do that too.My neighbor said I was an exception because I've kept it off,and have lost more weight.I said no,I just got tired of being fat and decided to do something about it.And I did.So,hang in there,and lets lose weight and keep it off for good this time.That's going to be my new motto from now on I think.Good luck and lets get er done!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Why is it when you give up and run up the water bill watering the grass, it rains shortly afterward. Rain wasn't forecast until Saturday and my flowers looked tired, so I watered this afternoon. Now it's pouring. It hadn't better be taking off the rose petals. it's really coming down.

MJ, I'm glad to see you back and giving us something to think about. What will accomplish today? Spending time with my oldest daughter. She lost her husband and the only house they ever lived in in a span of 4 months. The constant shopping to replace things without him gets hard sometimes. We took care of some outdoor stuff this evening. I missed making a final bid on a sewing machine I wanted, but she needed me. Hopefully another machine in my price range will come along. If not, I have plenty, just not a Singer 403.

scrapnmom, Just start here. some of those ten pages are better skipped. Don't forget to take plenty of water for those long commutes. I know I tend to want to eat when I'm thirsty.

pnptrapp, thank you for the S M A R T. I will go to the site when I can. Today was too busy.

gail, any time you can get through a holiday without gaining weight is a big plus. Good job!

Leann, I hope the knees become more useful every day. I did talk to my DD. She had the three shots. I taught 4 of my children to drive. The fifth, I gave the job to my husband because he was more patient than I am. She didn't get her license until she was graduated, employed and had saved enough money to buy a car she could drive.

Missy, I hope you like the number you see at your weigh in tomorrow.

Pam, ignore the big losses. Slow and steady wins the race. Most if us can lose 4 or 5 pounds a month. That will get the job done. Did you post an attainable goal on for the month on your calender?

For those of you who haven't read the first 12 pages, I gave the challenge for the month that Xylie requested that someone do. It is to set a PERSONAL weight loss goal for the month and post it on your calendar. I have a big yellow 2 on mine, My goal is to permanently lose two more pounds. Those things need to stay lost. Not enough, you say? Look at two pounds of lard or butter. It's not a small amount.

My tutoree comes early in the Summer, so I'm off to bed. Goodnight. I AM losing. Judy
I agree.2 to 3 pounds is better and won't come back.I been doing 3 pounds a month,till I joined here.Now it's excalated all of a sudden.Hope I keep it off.But I know I will,because if I don't and start going up,I'll get it off by 3 pounds again.So will wait and see.But ya,2 pounds is a lot and won't come back and will stay off in the long run.So,do agree with you.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:32 AM

OK I weighed this morning and only lost 2/10ths of a pound sooo the eating that I did over the holiday showed big time. Well back to program and no more playing around.
It is really humid here just can't walk in this heavy humidity and rain every 2 min. I did get out but had to cut the walk short.
You all are doing really well Keep it up.
Need to get off here now and get some cleaning done.
I am Losing
Gail
Well,that's not bad for a big weekend of hamburgers,hotdogs,and potatoe salad.Plus deserts.So,I think you did great.I would of gained 10 pounds were it me.But we didn't go anywhere,and I only cooked a hamburger,and that was it.So,no gaining here either.Did good.So,great job!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 AM

To All, I broke down and bought a pedometer this morning on my way to the gym. I did my two mile walk with the second mile under duress. That second seems like such a waste of my time, but I wanted the steps. I was shocked to see that at the end of my walk I had nearly reach 5,000 steps. Some waste of time!! :P Now that is encouragement to keep walking!

I have not shed any pounds or partial pounds and my goal is on my desk calendar. I will go for the 2. Five would be a gift but 2 firm/or flabby pounds is my goal too. All I seem to be doing the past months is battling to keep the increase from happening. My job is so sedentary but it is my job and I do love it. I just must find ways to move more during the day beyond my morning walk. I have plans to meet a friend for an outside walk at out local walking/biking park tomorrow at 7:30 am. Onward always onward!

Wow to who ever hit the 8,000 step mark. I am impressed!