Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 AM

I'm in this month. I'll pm you, createfourpaws. Looking forward to a better month than I had last month.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:17 PM

I have my fabrics ready to mail. I bought a purple batik to give me more incentive. It will almost kill to part with any batik but a purple one is my favorite. Gotta get it back. I did my spinning class this morning and did a water aerobics class afterwards. Now I need a nap. Heading upstairs to hopefully finish the quilt I am making for my nephew. I won't let myself do anything else until it is finished. Just a little bit more quilting then the label and binding. I really want to do something else.
Pete good luck with the doctor visits. Hopefully you will find relief.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I have my fabrics ready to mail. I bought a purple batik to give me more incentive. It will almost kill to part with any batik but a purple one is my favorite. Gotta get it back. I did my spinning class this morning and did a water aerobics class afterwards. Now I need a nap. Heading upstairs to hopefully finish the quilt I am making for my nephew. I won't let myself do anything else until it is finished. Just a little bit more quilting then the label and binding. I really want to do something else.
Pete good luck with the doctor visits. Hopefully you will find relief.

OOOH purple batiks are my favorite. As you can see from my avatar. I am going this weekend to get the purple wide backing to finish off my quilt top.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:04 AM

Boy, ya'll had me going for a bit. Everyone above is talking about PURPLE batiks. I had to go back to the first to see if the batik needed was actually PURPLE because I couldn't remember if I had mailed a purple or not. Turned out the conversation just turned to purple as a favorite color and not the requirement. I was about ready to mail another skinny quarter - this one in purple. I confuse easily everyone...
Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Boy, ya'll had me going for a bit. Everyone above is talking about PURPLE batiks. I had to go back to the first to see if the batik needed was actually PURPLE because I couldn't remember if I had mailed a purple or not. Turned out the conversation just turned to purple as a favorite color and not the requirement. I was about ready to mail another skinny quarter - this one in purple. I confuse easily everyone...
How funny. It seems that purple is a good color for people.

And since lots of us seen to be wanting the batiks may have to make it one each quarter. Never can have too many batiks.

Easy to confuse anybody.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Okay, you got me with the batiks, though I can't promise my posts will be uplifting. My life has taken a huge turn and I may whine while I adjust. Sorry. I will get my batik in the mail - it may be acid green to go with the purples.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Okay, you got me with the batiks, though I can't promise my posts will be uplifting. My life has taken a huge turn and I may whine while I adjust. Sorry. I will get my batik in the mail - it may be acid green to go with the purples.

Welcome back Irishrose.......you have been missed. Share whatever you need to. You know most of us here. I look forward to seeing the acid green batik.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM

I love Batiks.
I have been out of town on the road for 2 1/2 weeks. Have another couple weeks to go. I guess i cannot participate this month. I don't have a scale or a computer (I'm checking in on my daughter's lap top)
I'm sure that I have gained weight these last couple of weeks.
I will, hopefully be back in for August. I won't be home to stay until the 23rd of July.
I wish all of you great weight loss!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Well. my blood work for thyroid was normal ...can't blame the weight on that. My Nodules have grown, so I see the Doc for that..I think we are in a wait and watch period. Back pain better with exercises. Eating better too, boo hoo, not the healthy way...just love tater salad too much. But, I will overcome and begin to lose!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Default June winners

We have a tie for June, with each losing 5 lbs. No one else reported more than that. The pot will be split between the two ladies.

Congrats to:

PETE and TEDDYBEARLADY!!!! way to go. Keep up your hard work