Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Cindy, did you get my FQs? I must have missed it if you already posted. I mailed them last Monday so you should have them.
I believe I did, don't have access to my list from work, when I get home tonight I will re-post a list of everyone I have received FQ's from.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 AM

My DH has been on a diet since last week and he has lost 5 pounds already and I am trying to loose one. How does that work? Geez, such excitement right?!!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
My DH has been on a diet since last week and he has lost 5 pounds already and I am trying to loose one. How does that work? Geez, such excitement right?!!
it is frustrating that men lose weight quicker than we do. UGH Well it will keep us on our toes when that happens. I know when I was married and we went on a cruise , I ate like a bird and gained 5 lbs and he ate like crazy and lost 5 lbs. I should have divorced him then. LOL it is what it is and I am a happier woman now than when I was with him.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM

It is hotter than heck here too. I hate it. The only thing that is saving me is my car has remote start. I can get the air going to cool off a bit before I get in - otherwise I would get a migraine.
I'm already tired of cooking and it has only been a week with my kids here. Good thing we are leaving for vacation in the morning. Flying to San Francisco. The high temps are forecast for mid 60's. I can't wait!
Cindy, I would think you should have my fq's by now too. Maybe they will come today.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
It is hotter than heck here too. I hate it. The only thing that is saving me is my car has remote start. I can get the air going to cool off a bit before I get in - otherwise I would get a migraine.
I'm already tired of cooking and it has only been a week with my kids here. Good thing we are leaving for vacation in the morning. Flying to San Francisco. The high temps are forecast for mid 60's. I can't wait!
Cindy, I would think you should have my fq's by now too. Maybe they will come today.
yes I do have yours, I will post a repeat if I hadn't let you know which ones I received tonight about 9 pm cst tonight.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 PM

I have been on vacation since last week - went to North Carolina to see the youngest kid and his family - 2 grandkids there (17 and 7). Ate too much, spent way too much and didn't sleep half enough!! Typical vacation. My son and his wife do trade shows on weekends and the only way we can really see them with the school stuff and their work is on weekends, so we ended up at the trade show in order to spend time with them. Then we took the grandkids to lunch and a movie - saw The Croods (sp?). Was cute. Then it was a summer high school baseball game which my GS's team won. This morning, we slept in a bit and then left for home and arrived about 4:30 p.m. Good trip, weather was pretty dreary and wet going out there and rained pretty much every day. Coming home today was beautiful and in the 90's when we got home. Not sure if I'm walking tonight unless the temp drops in the next hour. I'll post our Tuesday tip in the next posting...have a good one that worked for me this week...
Old 07-16-2013, 03:22 PM

Okay - this can be a Terrific Tuesday or a Taboo Tuesday - depending. We all know about eating right portions and drinking lots of water, so this is something just a bit different - and maybe crazy. My vacation last week took me to an area of the south/east where it seems the women are 'not your average size' (guys too). I don't know if those people are on diets or even if they look in a mirror, BUT, I do know, I really didn't like what I saw. What I did to help me was to picture one of those people and say a little 'prayer' about them (Lord, I don't want to look like that or Lord, help me be aware of what I eat so I lose, something like that) and I kept that picture in my mind. Sometimes it would work for me and I watched my diet - even in the restaurants, with so much going on. I really don't want to start gaining back what I've already lost. Now, if you are on the far side of where you want your weight to be, picture what you'd like to look like after losing all your extra weight - keep that in mind and between us both, it can be a Terrific or a Taboo week.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Okay - this can be a Terrific Tuesday or a Taboo Tuesday - depending. We all know about eating right portions and drinking lots of water, so this is something just a bit different - and maybe crazy. My vacation last week took me to an area of the south/east where it seems the women are 'not your average size' (guys too). I don't know if those people are on diets or even if they look in a mirror, BUT, I do know, I really didn't like what I saw. What I did to help me was to picture one of those people and say a little 'prayer' about them (Lord, I don't want to look like that or Lord, help me be aware of what I eat so I lose, something like that) and I kept that picture in my mind. Sometimes it would work for me and I watched my diet - even in the restaurants, with so much going on. I really don't want to start gaining back what I've already lost. Now, if you are on the far side of where you want your weight to be, picture what you'd like to look like after losing all your extra weight - keep that in mind and between us both, it can be a Terrific or a Taboo week.

Could also find a picture of someone---no one you know and print that picture off as a reminder that we don't want to look like that and on the other side of that coin, find someone you want to look like as in body shape and print that picture......you reminder of what you don't want to look like and what you want to look like. Could be great motivation.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:18 PM

Kathleen, sounds like a good idea. I will have to remember that. When I was in Hilton head there was a woman in a 2 piece swimsuit. OMG, she had no business wearing it. It was really bad. She got a lot of lookers. Had to tip the scales at maybe 250? I wish I had a picture. Not sure the one in my mind will ever leave me. I am big myself but would never wear a 2 piece, I do wear a bathing suit. I am sure it isn't a pretty sight but I will enjoy myself and don't let my weight keep me from doing what I want.
I don't know what came over me but I got in a cleaning mood today. I cleaned my sons bathroom. He is supposed to do it, he is 23 and it was disgusting. I told him he owes me $100. That is a deal, I should have charged more. He just paid up. I also decided my white 6 panel door were dirty and cleaned them. I have 25 doors in my house. They are all pretty and clean as are the door frames and some of my baseboards. Now I am tired. I might try to schedule a massage tomorrow.
It is pouring down raining here with the sun shining bright.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 PM

Complete list of FQ's received:

Meanmom - 3 months
beachbound - 3 months
PamH - 3 months
Vanogay - 3 months
Quiltersmomma - 3 months
CindyA - 3 months
Teddybear Lady - 3 months
Irishrose 1 month
Pete - 3 months
IrishgalfromNJ 1 month
Shadowirish - 3 monts
junebillie 1 month

and of course me. 3 months

only one person I am waiting for FQ from and she has been in touch to let us know what is going on.