Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Judy,
I love those little windfalls. I put them in a change jar that counts the money for us (talk about lazy). We have a dream of going back to the Smokey's this fall, this is our "vacation" jar. So far, we've collected about $131 in change. All from windfalls or the change in our pockets at the end of the week. Saturday is payday for the change jar.

When I use a coupon, I put that amount in the jar, too.

I got paid from everybody today! So NOW I will recommend these sites for more money, but it takes 30 days to get payment.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM

I write for 4 different companies.
They pay me through PayPal.
sometimes the writing is sheer lies, like my book reviews.
They pay me.

freelancer.com
chacha.com
oDesk.com
keyforcash.com

They all pay differently depending on what you do.
If I write at the Master's level, I get paid lots more, closer to $100 or more a project. The best I was paid was $1,000 from an Australian university. The least is $3 for proofreading 500 words. I take it all. It adds up. cha cha pays 10 cents per answer...
Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am getting things ready to be successful this weekend at work. I have been to the grocery store to get my fresh veggies and some snacks. My weekend challenge will be the pot luck we will be having on Sunday. I am going to bring something within my healthy eating habits I am building. I will not let this defeat me. I have worked too hard now to quit.

Also got good news about dad's CT results, no cancer. Mom was worried his cancer had returned. Finally found the source of his chronic nose bleeds, he has a part of his septum that has protuded (sp?) out that gets excessively dry and starts to bleed.

I will not be on much this weekend as I work Saturday to Monday 6 am to 8 pm each day.

I have not weighed myself since I started on the steriods dose pak. I dont want to know, but my blood sugars ahve not been too far out of range. I am drinking plenty of water with lemon. I bought limes to use in them this weekend, wanted something different.

Have a great weekend all and keep up the determination to do what you need to to be successful.

:-P
Old 06-10-2011, 02:18 PM

createfourpaws, that's great news about your dad. I didn't gain much on my last steroids, so maybe you haven't. Have a healthy weekend.

The Purple Person Warmer is done! It got put aside for the garden, but it's raining today, so ta da..... http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-129488-1.htm

Now off to vacuum the walls and tub in the dog's bathroom. That's the only to clean up after the BC/Lab has a bath. Let the hair dry and vacuum it.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM

[/quote]

Well,I'm a webfoot,so am dyeing to know where you were at in Oregon.I really miss it too.But love it here also.Our home is where our heart is,right now it's here.[/quote]

Hey Xylie, first we landed in Ocean Park, Washington in our RV. It is on the Long Beach Peninsula. When we moved back, we ended up in a townhouse across the Columbia River in Hammond, Or - across the bay from Astoria.

I have a story similar to Missy's Harley Davidson rumble. The first time we pulled on to the Peninsula was the weekend after Labor Day. Unbeknownst to us, everything was booked because it was the "Rod Run to the End of the World"....classic cars everywhere.

Great memories. Where in the NW have you lived?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 PM

Glad to see so much chatter. Has not been a very good day for me. Maybe I worked too hard yesterday or maybe it is the heat - maybe both. I have too much to do to be so lethargic.

No ice cream for two days now. In fact, NOTHING that is not on my food plan. I would luv luv luv to be under 140 by my birthday next month. I just have to work it - I know it works for me.

Have a great Friday nite!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
He paid me! I'm rich!

Much happier now.

Xylie, I live penny to penny. Everything makes a difference. And I love your posts. Keep up the effort, they really lift me up.
We do to,in fact I only get $500. a month to live on.Hubby has a pension.And most his goes for all the bills.Some months like when the house insurance is due the light bill don't get pd that month because we just don't have it.Which means the following month we pay double.That's why I know so much about being queen of cheap.I make my laundry soap.And it works better than store bought.And it can double for dish soap in a pinch and cuts grease well.Receipe's are on youtube for homemade laundry soap,there is a slug of tips on you-tube for making dryer sheets,powered dish soap,shampoo,cream rinse,you name it.They'll tell you how to do it on the cheap.Plus on Michell Douggers site,with 18 kids and growing on tlc,she has a lot of tips for getting by on the cheap.There's just a lot of ways to do things on the cheap,and I think I do most of them.We never call a plumber or electrician,because we do all that,plus mechanic.I look it up online,and get the parts and do it myself.Even if I never done it before.I needed a new faucet in both the bathroom sink and tub.Wow,I was shocked at the prices.But found out their display models are pretty cheap when they change styles.And on ebay their cheap.Anyway,I told my neighbor who works for Dixyline,and she brought down 2 new MOEN nice sets of faucets that were 'FREE' because they were store modles,and she works as a boss there and could get them.So,I was happy to get those,and already got the sink faucet installed.{myself}.But we look after their place when their not here,as they live in SanDiego and this is a weekend home for play time.Yesterday me and a plumber friend put in the check valve on our water pump as it's been on the blink and can't even do laundry.But only took a few minutes as I had all the parts and glue and fittings.I gave him $25.00,and he didn't want it,but I told him no,because he's all mess up and really in a lot of pain and needs to $$ as he put in for disability,but after 3 yrs,is now finaly getting going.So,untill he gets his $$ which still hasn't happened,he needs it worse than me.And I appreciate him coming over in this heat to help me out.So,anyway,I have to be resoursefull as I can.And we love all our neighbors.Their really a nice bunch of people.We all help one another out here.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 PM

HI all Just got back a couple hours ago from a trip of 160 miles to see our son. I was a quick trip because the freeways on friday are like a parking lot. Not a good day didn't drink my water because of being in the car and did not eat on plan because we eat on the run. Dinner was a steak potato and carrots. I feel really full now so not snacks tonight.
Hope you all had a good day.
Irishrose love you quilt love the colors and the pattern
Mj so glad your doing better. Mind the doctor and your right Xylie is an inspiration to us .
Need to go clean up the kitchen and do a little quiltling.
I'll try to check in tomorrow.
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 AM

Morning all! Glad to hear for the most part everyone is doing good.

I stayed on my food plan yesterday and stayed under my calorie range. I did water aerobics for 1 hour and felt good afterward.

Weekends are always hard for me so say a prayer that I make it through without to many problems.

I've been depressed lately and have been sleeping more. I need to get over this as I have three quilts I'm working on and all have deadline.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 AM

Jeanne,
don't give up on yourself. take the projects in small goals. You might be a little overwhelmed with your commitments.

Journal:
Be your own best friend. Write in your journal about that one incident that haunts you. You know the one. Grief, guilt, whatever it is. Tell the story as you feel it. Then rewrite the story the way you wanted it to end. Be the friend that is needed, tell the story with a happy ending. Or resolve your feelings about the issue.

Motivation: Be kind to yourself today.