Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Woohoo! I weighed myself when I changed clothes to go mow the lawn. I am down two pounds. The one I keep gaining, plus a new one. I will set an alarm for 2:30 so I don't miss my exercise program today. That was a pleasant surprise after my good sized dinner last night. I will also remember to try on my 'school' clothes when I take my bath. I need to find a new way to identify those clothes. My orthopedic surgeon took away my school days. No more concrete floors. Ah, well, more time to quilt - just less money to buy fabric. Such is life.

I AM losing weight. J
I just LOVE it that every time you post you end it with I AM losing weight. You ARE and I am too! Thank you for being a positive and consistant cheerleader for us on this challenge!

Missy
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Judy I love that you wrote "your losing weight-the scales just don't know it" Funny.I needed a chuckle. thanks.Mary

Many times when the scales don't move, I discover that I've lost inches. I measure everywhere I can wrap a measuring tape around and then monthly or so I'll record my measurements so I can see some sort of progress.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Charity, very interesting quilts. I have ADD, too, as do two of my children and several of my grandchildren. I swear it's worse now that my body can't keep up with my mind.

Xylie, With that much water, did you take in enough salt? Being salt deprived will make me weak and sicky feeling. I thought you had decided 150 was a reasonable goal. If you have heavier bones than I do, that's a good goal for our height. BTW, you want to build muscle. It burns more calories and protects bones from injury, etc. I'd love to turn the fat in my body to muscle. I was one of those with a 21 inch waistline. Made finding clothes very interesting as I was normal sized above and below the waist. I went into the hospital to have my third child with a 26 inch waist. Funny the things we remember.

I went back to my TV exercise program yesterday. I love it, though I wish it each section were longer. It's a very quick 30 minutes. The Senior center offers Tai Chi and chair yoga, but that means getting up in the morning and getting myself over there. I have a script for physical therapy, but my copay is $30 a session, so that's a problem. I need to pay my house insurance before I worry about that.

My weight is so stuck. I keep forgetting to try on my smallest pants to see how many inches I have to go. BTW, I think a 12-14 is a very reasonable size - a normal 12 or 14 from Penney's, not a fancy designer one that would be an 18 or 20 in the real world. I don't what that translates into men's jeans sizes. They don't work for me. If you're an apple, I'm a pear. I do think these rocker shoes have slimmed my backside somewhat. That's not why I wear them. My foot couldn't bend when the nerve damage was bad and these babies don't bend.

Looks like I've rambled enough for now. Y'all have a good day. Like Rita's mom said, "Eat small and healthy."

I AM losing weight - the scales just don't know it. Judy
No,guess I should get some electrolights like that water sports people drink.I still don't feel 100 %.I could also put a few drops of soy sauce in my water.I was freezing when I woke up this am.Is 111 today.So,am staying in today,and getting some rest.Ya,I'm big boned.I think I look good now,better than I did by far.And I been 140 before and looked great.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Charity, very interesting quilts. I have ADD, too, as do two of my children and several of my grandchildren. I swear it's worse now that my body can't keep up with my mind.

Xylie, With that much water, did you take in enough salt? Being salt deprived will make me weak and sicky feeling. I thought you had decided 150 was a reasonable goal. If you have heavier bones than I do, that's a good goal for our height. BTW, you want to build muscle. It burns more calories and protects bones from injury, etc. I'd love to turn the fat in my body to muscle. I was one of those with a 21 inch waistline. Made finding clothes very interesting as I was normal sized above and below the waist. I went into the hospital to have my third child with a 26 inch waist. Funny the things we remember.

I went back to my TV exercise program yesterday. I love it, though I wish it each section were longer. It's a very quick 30 minutes. The Senior center offers Tai Chi and chair yoga, but that means getting up in the morning and getting myself over there. I have a script for physical therapy, but my copay is $30 a session, so that's a problem. I need to pay my house insurance before I worry about that.

My weight is so stuck. I keep forgetting to try on my smallest pants to see how many inches I have to go. BTW, I think a 12-14 is a very reasonable size - a normal 12 or 14 from Penney's, not a fancy designer one that would be an 18 or 20 in the real world. I don't what that translates into men's jeans sizes. They don't work for me. If you're an apple, I'm a pear. I do think these rocker shoes have slimmed my backside somewhat. That's not why I wear them. My foot couldn't bend when the nerve damage was bad and these babies don't bend.

Looks like I've rambled enough for now. Y'all have a good day. Like Rita's mom said, "Eat small and healthy."

I AM losing weight - the scales just don't know it. Judy
No,guess I should get some electrolights like that water sports people drink.I still don't feel 100 %.I could also put a few drops of soy sauce in my water.I was freezing when I woke up this am.Is 111 today.So,am staying in today,and getting some rest.Ya,I'm big boned.I think I look good now,better than I did by far.And I been 140 before and looked great.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:07 PM

How old were when you weighed 140? I looked good at 114, at 123, at 132 and 138, but I'm not that age any more. Put some table salt in a glass of water and take it with a potassium pill. Lots less expensive than the electrolyte drinks and no sugar or chemicals.

On a break from still working outside. It's a perfect day, 72 and breezy, but I'm sweating like a ??? I am so out of shape. It's ridiculous to be cleaning gardens in the middle of June, but our weather is so behind this year. Hope I'm sweating off a few ounces.

I AM losing weight. J
Old 06-15-2011, 01:41 PM

HEY!.....I haven't gotten any notices of new posts and when I checked there were 3 pages!
Oh Lulu you are a doll! MJ I bet she brings you alot of joy.
Well I got the lawn mower for my hubby. It is in the back of the truck and I am hopin my daughters bf gets off on time. There is 30 between when he gets here and my DH gets home.I need him to unload it and hide it for me. I am a little nervous he won't get here in time. If he doesn't then I quess my hubby gets his present early. lol

I found a new snack the other day. I bought the Kashi Go Lean Crunch the other day because they were out of the granola she likes and if you close your eyes it could almost pass for cracker jacks or carmel corn! It is a little bit of a stretch but it has 200 calories in 1 cup,9grams of protien,8 grams of fiber. It does have 4.5 grams of fat though but no saturated or trans fat. and has omega 3 and flax in it. It is a little too crunchy at times but almost as good as the frosted shredded wheats are for a snack.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Originally Posted by Xylie55
.My main concern is to keep it off.You would be surprised how just even 3 pounds a month will stay off better.And more permenant,if we don't get in a hurry.Today I don't feel good.1st time in over 10 yrs I felt I'll.In fact I woke up feeling sick to my stomach this am.

That is true, I can lose 10 pounds so fast it's not funny. If I've been especalily bad at eating/exercise for awhile. Then I get content that I'm losing so fast and decide I deserve a treat for being so good, then another because that didn't cause me to gain any weight.... then slowly I'm back to where I started.

The slow but steady weight loss is what stays off for me.

Hope you didn't get a touch of food poisoning. So much of that is going around.
I think we should reward ourselves,I know I like to have a steak dinner {at home} for every 20 pounds I get off.That way,your not slippin,and yet get a nice dinner.I look forward to my steak dinners.I've lost 15 pounds the last 2 months {that I re-gained 4 months ago} so another 5 pounds,I get my steak dinner.Which will be probably next month.Ya,don't think it was food poisining,but heat exaustion,water toxicity somewhat,and like Irish Rose said,no electrolites.Been outside in our mexico/ca/az sun.Working and fixed my water well pump,and my washing machine 2 days ago.My washing machine was shocking me,and I was getting tired of it.Found out it was leaking water during spin out cycle.So,made another drain for it,and now it works fine.My well tank was water-logged I found out,and bled it out.It was 111 today.I woke up just sick as a dog,and freezing,and a queezy stomach.Did have a few drops of soy sauce,and it did help.Good luck,I know you can do it.I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am losing weight.Say it outloud over and over,and on your posts,It works great.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM

here's something kinda interesting. i entered all the food i ate yesterday on fitness pal and it told me i don't eat enough and it will take 5 weeks to lose 10 lbs. like i said in an earlier post...my problem isn't eating too much, it's eating not enough, and then when i do eat it's usually a bad choice of food. i am officially in starvation mode. it has bothered my husband in the past because i would not eat for 3 or 4 days, living on coffee. can we all say control freak?!! i can't control things in my life, but i can control what i eat. these are very bad, even dangerous habits that i've developed and need to get out of. who was it said change is hard? you said it, sista!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:33 PM

Wow, Nanci, that's scary. I have gone three weeks without food, but it was a controlled juice fast. To eat nothing at all is so unhealthy on so many fronts, but I think you probably know that. What are you doing to change? My saving grace is that I like food too much. My problem comes with not eating regular meals, but I eat enough in a 24 hour period.

What are you going to eat tomorrow? And when? I am going to have oatmeal for breakfast, order a chef salad when at the quilt guild for lunch and then for dinner? - dinner is never a problem for me. It's the first two. Eating a decent size amount of food regularly is scary when you want to lose weight. The two don't sound like they don't go together.

I hope you find a way to help yourself. Judy
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM

How old were when you weighed 140? I looked good at 114, at 123, at 132 and 138, but I'm not that age any more. Put some table salt in a glass of water and take it with a potassium pill. Lots less expensive than the electrolyte drinks and no sugar or chemicals.

On a break from still working outside. It's a perfect day, 72 and breezy, but I'm sweating like a ??? I am so out of shape. It's ridiculous to be cleaning gardens in the middle of June, but our weather is so behind this year. Hope I'm sweating off a few ounces.

I AM losing weight. J
Oh,gee,long time ago.Think I was 21.Am 55 now.Ya,those gatorade drinks are expensive.I like the idea of salt and potassium pills.I'm feeling better now.After I took a few drops of soy sauce in my water,that's when I started perking up some.Not queezy now either.Am going to have to watch it out side,as I just over did it trying to fix everything.But,had to fix the well pump,cause I couldn't do laundry.It filled up 1/3 way and would shut off.But now have both the pump,tank and the washer fixed.Our monsoons are here I think as 100% humidity and hot 111 degree weather today,I sweated all day the last 2 days working outside fixing everything.And it made me sick today.I lounged around today in the house where it was cool.So,am better now.Ya,I am glad to have all that weight off.Never would I'd a dreamed I would of weighed 250 pounds 4 yrs ago.But I did.And did something about it.Am still working on it too.I am happy to be at 160 now again.I was happy to get out of the 200's too.But to be 40 pounds less,just shows how hard work,life style changes,breaking bad habits and staying with it,no matter what,does pay off.