Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Just to cheer everyone up :)

Blog Entries
    They are lovely. A nice reminder that Spring is just around the corner. It won't be long until the crocus are peaking up through the ground and the Lenten Rose. The days are getting longer -- yet another sign.

QuiltingaddictUK -- Thank You for the lovely reminder!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Thanks for sharing..Made my day !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you so much. During this our third snowstorm in 11 days your flowers really made me smile.
    Each project adds to my stash of knowledge. Love sharing the results with anyone who'll look.

I took your example and bought some for my dining room table this morning. Just love daffys!

How long do they stay alive and good looking? We do not have them in Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy View Post
    How long do they stay alive and good looking? We do not have them in Florida...
    Here is my lovely bunch 3 days later in a centrally heated home, good for a quid Outside hard to say as they are so dependant on the weather and they are normally planted in clumps. They are an early spring flowering bulb, which when planted in grass makes a mess as you have to keep the stalks on, after flowering, to feed the bulb for next spring, but every gardener will tell you well worth while. I especially mentioned that they are Welsh as they are Wales's national flower, for St David Day, 1st March, everyone wears and buys daffodils.

Grandma Cindy, the 2nd pic is just for you, it is the nearest castle to me, Penrhyn at Bangor with a whole swathe of naturalised daffodils ready for St David's day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful! Mine are peeking out of the ground here in North Central Texas. We've had a fairly mild winter here and it's early for them. Hope a severe freeze doesn't get them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3