Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just want to say thanks...

Blog Entries
    for all of you being here. I am quite new to chat rooms, or whatever they are called. I don't have friends who share my love of sewing, so I really love having people handy that I feel I have something in common with. If I talk to my family about quilting or any sewing, they just "glaze over" and try to change the subject. You are all so great!!!

And we are glad you are here with us. Come in (as Lost in '51 says), sit down and stay awhile.

Blog Entries
    It's a good thing I have a computer beside the sewing machine!! Otherwise I can't do both.

I think you're right. This is a great place to come sit for a while :) :)

Blog Entries
    I love it here and the friendships I have made will last a lifetime :lol: We are glad you are here with us also :thumbup:

Well Thank you back! I just love comeing here, too, as I have no quilting friends nearby either!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I know exactly what you mean!! I love this board and feel as though I made a million instant friends :D Including YOU!!!

So glad to have you here. Those that do not quilt can't understand the infatuation. We understand and share the quilting bug.

Blog Entries
    I am new to this board but love it. I have found out so many useful things and looked at so many beautiful quilts that I can only hope to be able to make someday.

Have made friends already. Hubby knows where to find me if he does not see me.

Thank YOU! All of you! When I was feeling displaced after moving to Michigan and knew nobody here(still dont, but Im ok with it now), you ALL were and still are such an awesome support system, and gave me so much just by listening to me, I could never tell you what it means to me. I love my quilting family!((((((HUGS))))))

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    for all of you being here. I am quite new to chat rooms, or whatever they are called. I don't have friends who share my love of sewing, so I really love having people handy that I feel I have something in common with. If I talk to my family about quilting or any sewing, they just "glaze over" and try to change the subject. You are all so great!!!
    I am the same way, but after joining the board in Feb? I think, now I have an outlet to talk to and learn from other quilters

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's so great when you finish a project and no one is around to cheer with you.
    All we have to do is post a picture and everyone can cheer with us. It is so gratifying. When my granddaughter is here she and I do the "happy dance" around the room.

I love it here, everyone is so nice and helpful. I haven't met anyone from here but hope to some day. This is the bright spot of my day.

I sure know how you feel. Without this board there would be no one to talk to about quilting and a lot of other things. I love this board.

There are so many of us in the same boat. I met some great and wonderful ladies on this board. I joined a quilting guild a month ago and have made new friends that I adore recently. It has stimulated my creativity and has brought me more joy in quilting. I wish the same for you.

Blog Entries
    Hey Katiebear, we will have to get together sometime,where in Lex. are you?

I was just on the live chat and I sure miss chatting. I don't have friends either so I spend a lot of my days by myself sewing or some thing of such. Having these forums sure do help tho. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    I feel the same way!! Other than all of you my new friends I ony have one ther friend and she does quilt!!I really love and enjob this quilting board!! :shock: :!: :-P :mrgreen: :-D :-) :lol: :roll: :XD: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I am in Central Florida from end of Oct. to the first of May, quite possibly we can get to see each other then.? I am in Wnter Haven, Flo.where are you?jacie

Blog Entries
    Isn't this a great site? I feel somewhat guilty if I spend much time here, but I consider it "research." I've learned so much in such a short time!

Blog Entries
    anytime, someones always here and we love to talk quilts and other stuff welcome

Oh I understand. I love coming every morning and reading here. Makes me feel like there are actually people around who understand what I do. Others like it but they have no clue what work goes into it.

gran of 6, It's like meeting your friends for coffee. It's great for
    everyone who isn't able to go to a meeting. Eiltcoq.

Power Poster
    Yes I'm sure a lot of us feel the same as you do. We are all very lucky to have eachother.

OH, oh, oh, I want to jump on this mutual appreciation wagon also!!! It is so wonderful to have this place of warmth and welcome and understanding!! So many of us share so much in life's experiences and carry many of the same crosses as well as the same joys and pleasures. How awesome to have a place where you know you will find someone, or many someones, who can relate to what you are feeling and saying.
    Never doubt, we will do the happy dance with you also!!! Smiles and hugs, Linda aka wildyard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast