Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just Want To Say Thanks!! >

Just Want To Say Thanks!!

Just Want To Say Thanks!!

Old 01-01-2014, 10:21 AM

Default Just Want To Say Thanks!!

Howdy y'all :c)

Nearly five years ago, one of my friends at work started a quilting group that meets once a week after work to sew together. I ONLY joined to support her, since I had never had any interest whatsoever in sewing in any form. In fact, at our first meeting I informed everyone that the closest I had ever come to sewing was cross stitch...I get cross every time I look a needle in the eye! LOL! She taught us all beginning with a rag quilt, and needless to say...I was hooked from there!

I was determined from there that with every quilt I made, I would learn something new! Whether it was a new technique, how to quilt using stitch in a ditch to quilt it myself, or doing my own binding, I wanted to make sure I learned something new!

I can now say that I can do the entire quilt all by myself without asking for help other than to occasionally ask for help choosing border fabrics! I can also say that I am now the most advanced quilter in the group (although I still have a looooong way to go)! I have gone to two LQS classes and learned things that no one else in our little group knows how to do.

But most of what I have learned has come from this quilting board! You all have been so gracious to answer any questions, give advice, and help me with ideas. Even though I still consider myself to just be an intermediate quilter, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today without all of y'all. So please accept my gratitude in all you do to help without criticizing. I've been in other forums in the past where people were more interested in flaming each other than in helping. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!! :c)

Donna
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Wow, Donna! That rag quilt behind you is great! I'll bet it's nice and heavy. Your sentiments about the board is probably the same as most of us here. What would we have done without our friends on the QB who are so willing to help us get better and better?
Old 01-01-2014, 10:46 AM

I agree ~ I have gotten a lot of help on this board without even asking! Every time I read the suggestions I try to keep track of them as I know I'll need the information sooner or later ~ so, thanks everyone!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:47 AM

I agree with you! I have taken a few classes, but the knowledge I have gained here have really given me the ability and confidence to quilt. Thank you!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:58 AM

I am very thankful for all the people on this board also. I have learned so much. I enjoy the pictures of the beautiful quilts, everyone's creative ideas and use of color. Thank you everyone. God bless you. Have a wonderful and blessed New Year.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:14 PM

Amen to all of the above...so much inspiration and help here on a daily basis...love my quiltboard visits!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

I guess you learned the "never say never" rule. Agreed, there is A LOT of good info on this board.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Hi DonnaFreak, Thank you so much right back to you. I to have learned so much from the QB and spend a bit of time every day looking for new ideas and tips and advice. It has helped me challenge myself to try things I would not do.
Thank you!
peace
Old 01-01-2014, 03:08 PM

I couldn't agree more. I have learned so much here and have my head spinning with quilts I've seen here and want to make. Everyone is so nice. I also want to thank everyone!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Oh my yes! Donna, you are definitely not alone in your sentiments. I too, am so thankful for this board of wonderful people who constantly give their love, encouragement and support. There have been many times that I was ready to just give up (and I don't necessarily mean only quilting related) and then read something here, that made all the difference--most often not a piece of advice but unconditional support and faith.

Thank you all.