Keuring Coffeemakers

Old 11-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Anyone there own one of those individual cup coffee makers. I am thinking of purchasing the Keurig Mini-Plus Personal Coffeemaker. My daughter on her own and there was one for use at her previous job. She is just a single cup of coffee and/or hot chocolate gal. She mentioned it last year for Christmas present. Any comments good or bad?
I love mine.
I have the edition that has 3 cup sizes
Be sure to purchase the additional gadget, an adaptor, that lets you use your own coffee or she'll go bankrupt buying their pods.
It's just so easy in the morning to get your joe right away.
The one downside - it doesn't make really strong coffee - for me, and I like really strong coffee, the ease wins.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:40 AM

We have one and my husband loves it. I don't do drugs, myself, so I can't say. He likes the fact that he has a fresh cup at any and all times. We buy the K-cups on line. It averages out to about $.50 per cup.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:50 AM

I have had mine for many years - convinced my office to buy one first! I love it! If you order the kcups online you can get a better deal on them then at the grocery store.
I don't have the personal size brewer though.

Just a note - I think the personal one has to be filled and the water has to heat up for each cup. My larger one has a resevoir that holds a few cups of hot water at a time.

Was a good investment for me because I am the only one that drinks coffee at home so I don't have to waste a whole pot for one cup. I also like coffee throughout the day and don't like old coffee reheated.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:50 AM

Gollytwo try the Double Black Diamond - its strong and not bitter
Old 11-12-2010, 06:03 AM

Thank you ladies - I knew about the adapter - looks like a good present. Have coupons from Bed & Bath right in from of me
Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WANNABEE
Gollytwo try the Double Black Diamond - its strong and not bitter
Hi - thanks for the info
Once the adaptor is in I can no longer use the pods. I tried when a friend gave me a box of pumpkin flavored pods - what a mess. Wound up opening each pod to put in my adaptor - no pumpkin flavor anyway.
I get my pumpkin fix this time of year when Dunkin Donuts offers it.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:13 AM

There is one at work and I love it.. it's the only coffee in the hospital that doesn't upset my stomach.. the other stuff is overbrewed and noxious.. this stuff is yummy
And don't tell the coffee police, but I have used the little "pots" to make 2 cups of coffee.. second is not as strong.. but they make kind of a skimpy cup of coffee not a mug.. so I just "reset" it and run the next bit of water through it and get a big cup and just the right strength.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 AM

I don't drink coffee, but my husband had to have one. When he got it, he wasn't satisfied with the flavor. --- Now he uses Mijer brand coffee bags (like tea bags) instead of their brand. I guess a person could refer to it as a hot water dispenser. We have about 10 boxes, different flavors (full boxes) of the Keuring brand that he dosn't care for. I should suggest to him to sell them on e-bay. - It does heat up fast. My 14 year old will get water from it to cook with so she dosn't have to wait as long for the pot to boil.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:47 AM

Have had my Keurig for a year. I'm the only coffee drinker and drink a cup each morning. I love the convenience, no mess and the coffee tastes great. The adaptor to use your own coffee is easy to use and not that difficult to clean up.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM
SC

I gave the larger model to my mom for Christmas last yr & she loves it.

FREE Quilting Newsletter