Kindle Paperwhite

Old 03-06-2014, 10:38 AM

When the Kindle Paper White came out, I gave my Kindle Fire to my daughter. As everyone has said earlier, the special offers don't bother you since they only occur when it is in sleep mode. I read my Kindle all the time and only have to charge it approximately every three weeks. The changeable lighting feature is great since it gives you the opportunity to change the amount of light it provides according to the environment. I will always have the Kindle Paper White for the books I want to read. I am thinking about purchasing the Kindle Fire HDX since my library of cross stitch and quilting books and magazines has gotten out of hand. I have found that there are numerous titles now available for the Kindle Fire at lower costs than buying paperback or hardback books. AND, since there are no longer any bookstores within a 75 miles radius of where I live, I don't have the luxury of browsing the magazines to see if I want to purchase them. This means that I have to pay for at least a full years' subscription. Kindle Fire magazine subscriptions can be purchased monthly, which suits me. Sorry for the wordsy reply.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:42 PM

I just rec'd my new Kindle Paperwhite and I love it. My Kindle Keyboard is about 5 years old and the battery wasn't holding a charge well. The Paperwhite is a lot easier on the eyes and I love the touch screen. The Paperwhite is smaller (screen is the same size) and lighter weight than my original Kindle so it fits into my purse better. I paid extra so that I didn't have to deal with the "special offers" aka "ads".
Old 03-06-2014, 10:44 PM

I love my paperwhite, I can read in bed and not disturb my husband, its great for reading in bright sunlight. I had the original but the screen got damaged, which is why I bought the paperwhite and its so much better. I have a Samsung tablet and my kindle syncs to the tablet which means if I'm readin my kindle in bed and leave it upstairs, if I want to read downstairs I just pick up my tablet, tap the app and it automatically goes to the same page.