Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KitchenAid stand mixer.

KitchenAid stand mixer.

I bought a new KitchenAid Professional 600 stand mixer with the lift bowl. My question is the fitting of the bowl to the back bracket. It seems to be very hard to push down into the slot. Is it suppose to take that much pressure to get it to go into the slot? Oh, it's the bright red one. Love how it looks on my counter.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have a KitchenAid stand mixer, it's about 15 years old. Mine also fits hard on the back. I think that's the way it's supposed to be, but I couldn't swear to it.

Thanks. I bought my DD one too for Christmas and wanted to be sure about the bowl fit.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I've had my Kitchen- aid for almost 30 years. Still going strong and has been used a lot. Good luck with your's.

I don't have the lift Kitchen Aid, but when I first got mine, it screws down into the stand and there were times I thought I would never get the bowl out of the stand. After using it for a while, there is no problem.

You can send an e-mail to Kitchen Aid and ask them. Or call QVC next time they have them on and ask the company rep there.

Mine was my mothers and is over 40 years old :-) I love it and yes the back clip still takes a bit of pressure for the bowl to sit properly. My favorite thing is all the new and old attachments fit they never changed that. A couple of years ago I had to have a part in the motor replaced. I took a bit to find a certified repair man but it was well worth the drive and $70 it cost me. I hope yours is as reliable and brings you as much joy as mine has been.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

I have the 600 and it shouldn't be really too hard to push down into the notch. It snaps in and mine is secure but not difficult to push into the notch. Its about 5 years old.

I too just bought the 600. You want that bowl to be secure; you will get use to it. For some people it seems easy to snap in place, for others, like me, it is a little more difficult.
    June

I have had a kitchen aid mixer/ blender/ shredder...for more yrs than I want to count.......we have done everything in it....have all the attachments and have used them all.......just finished making tons of breadcrumbs with four bags of frozen buns, bread I found in bottom of freezer chest..........it is a wonderful thing!

Blog Entries
    I've had mine for 32 years, my Mother's is close to 50 years old. There is a definite snap when pushing the bowl in place. It does require a fair amount of pressure. Both our mixers are going strong. Lots of great memories tied to these mixers.

They fit hard, but if you think about the RPM's of the blades it need too. You will so love it

That is what I bought myself a couple of years ago in the dark red. Love it! It does push down hard but that is to keep it in place. I would really recommend the bowl scrapper blade it really works to mix all the ingredients. I am thinking about adding the food processor to mine, I have the grinder and pasta press. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Mine takes a little hard push, but its not that difficult

I have the same mixer. I was having difficulty putting the bowl on the bracket. This is what works:
    Put the bowl holes onto the nobs on the side. After they are in place just press the back of the bowl and it will snap into place.
    Carmen E.

Quote Originally Posted by celwood View Post
    I have the same mixer. I was having difficulty putting the bowl on the bracket. This is what works:
    Put the bowl holes onto the nobs on the side. After they are in place just press the back of the bowl and it will snap into place.
    that's how I attach my bowl too.

Quote Originally Posted by celwood View Post
    *Ditto this for me too.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Yes, mine is the same way! Best machine ever!

I bought one for my DH last year, mentioned last Thanksgiving I had to go out for a short while, pick up something, right away he said if I'm going after his Christmas present he was going with me, he wanted to pick out the color. They were on sale at Kohls, picked up gift cards at Giant Eagle going rate was 20cents a gallon for every 50.00 Had an extra 30% off plus got the Kohls cash. Following wk took more gift cards and another coupon, along with Kohls cash and he picked out his other present Calaphon pots and pans with a real nice bonus pan. He does all the cooking have to keep him happy. HE picked out the black Kitchenaid I wanted red

I've had this same mixer for 3 years now. I think it gets a little easier to push it in as you use it. You'll be glad it's in there tight when you're mixing bread with the dough hook. Love my mixer!

i love kitchen aid mixers--i've actually burned through two in my "career", had the motor replaced twice in one of those, and am now on my first 5 quart "professional", after giving my youngest daughter my last one. the bowl is tight--but that's so you don't "lose" it when doing large batches, heavy batters, etc. one of ways of getting it on more easily is to hook on the sides first, then press down on the back edge--and it will "snap" in. and i learned, after much use, to never go over setting "2" when i'm doing heavy batters or dough. slow and steady wins the race! (btw--they sell decals for them, too, for customizing the look--my middle daughter has a bright red one--with "flames" on the sides, now!)
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

I have had one for 30 years or more and it made molasses cookies this morning. They are tough to beat.

I have a KitchenAid stand mixer, too. The directions say to press down on the back of the bowl and it locks right away. I used mine today and had a hard time getting it to lock. When I was finished using it, I noticed the little thing at the back of the bowl was loose. I asked my husband to screw the loose screw. He did, and it was easy then to get it to lock.

I have one...all it takes is. Little twist and turn to fit. I thought? I have the6 qt professional and the 5 qt artisan, LOVE, love mine!
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

I'm so glad to read all these positive reviews. Target has the 600 for half price so I ordered one last night. Both my kids have one and I'm always jealous. I keep burning out small mixers so this should be awesome. Wish they had the blue one on sale but half price and no shipping is great!

I have a blue one and I swear you could mix cement in it.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast