Laid Up & Quilting

Old 12-30-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Hi Debbie, sounds like a good plan you have while being laid up. I also had 2 foot surgeries a couple of years ago. What are you having done??
I'm doing great, by the way! :) Good luck!
This being my forth, I hope I turn out like you, wonderful.
I broke a bone off between a loading dock accident, and no insurance, no workers comp, the company got huge fines from our state, I got shafted and pay my own medicals. The first surgery, removed the bone, put a screw in. The screw didn't hold, for 2 wks it was rolling around and cutting tissue. Doc finally believed me, went back in, removed the screw. The foot healed with so much scar tissue, it grew/pulled over sideways. Diff. doc went in, rerouted the tendons, new screws, cut the heel in 1/3s to shift it and straighten the foot, put 2 bolts in. Still lots of pain a year out. Next doc now went in, removed the bolts which where working their way out, removed lots of scar tissue pushing on the akilies (sp?) tendon, and bone growth, and cut the tendon vertically. Hoping this relieves the pain in that heel so I can walk normal.

I had 3 shoulder surgeries, it would dislocated, and I'd tear out the repair. Last time, they did diffference of a thread to a thick yarn in sutures strength, no problems so far. 2nd on a wrist, have a cyst growth on & around my main artery, cutting off circulation. They removed it but couldn't get it all, got a vascular surgeion to remove it all, but he also did carpel tunnel which I had no problems with (said it's routine, like when tonsils came out when I was a kid), but now that hand has way more pain than it did before, and I'm having lots of trouble with crutches now. My body don't like me, and I'm realatively healthy. Low blood pressure, low cholesterol, about 20 lbs overweight but active (short), do not live on pain pills and work with pain, sort of get used to it I think. Hope this works. I think Steven is also getting tired of all the medical, not me, we're very close, he feels bad I'm going through all this, but it's not as bad as it could be, so many have it way worse. I'll heal, and hope this time it all works. Thanks for prayers and good thoughts. Debbie
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 AM

You are like the energizer bunny!!! Hope everything goes well! :thumbup: :thumbup: