Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lay off notice today

Well, I found out today I am being layed off at the end of July... HMMM more time to quilt, less money to spend. I think I am still in shock over it. Somehow we will survive this! This economy just has to pick up soon!

Hang in there hon! We're all feeling that pain! Keep quilting till u can't no more!

Hang in there. If you currently have health insurance through your job, you may want to take care of medival stuff fast. Those jobs are few and far between.

Good advice about health insurance! Explain to the Dr to get the appt fast!
    Sorry about the poor news. Enjoy the time that you have!

Blog Entries
    I'm sooo sorry...be sure to check into COBRA if you can.

Banned
    i'm so sorry to hear this. i sure hope this economy turns around and fast. my son has been out of work since nov. he is getting so depressed.

I'm sorry! You hang in there! DH was laid off April 18 and still hasn't started back to work. Thankfully we've made it so far. We were going to take out Cobra but it was cancelled also so we've been without health insurance since the end of April. Thankfully we could get Peyton a medical card and it lasts a whole year regardless...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are being layed off!!

Hang in there!! (And happy quilting!)

Tough news. Hang in there. Get all that medical and unemployment stuff figured out and start your search. You may find a job you like better. Wishing you tons of luck.

everything, everybody else said, UpNorth and a hug, too.

I'm sorry to hear that. It was decent of them to give you notice, now you have some time to make a plan. The last time I was laid off we were told that day - pack it up and go home, we're filing bankruptcy.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear this it wasnt long ago that i posted something like this myself. But on the up side of things all is well here for now and i keep looking and yes i have gotten alot of sewing done. :)

Power Poster
    sorry about your lay-off -

you might also check into other health insurance that might be more reasonable than the Cobra coverage

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear this! I hope that you can find another job right away!!

Sorry to hear about your layoff. I know it sucks to have more time to sew - but less money to buy fabric. Hopefully you can find something quickly, and unemployment will get you by. Big HUG for you.

As a lot of people have said, hang in there. I feel your pain/shock. My father was laid off 3 times in the past year, brother lost his information technology job...it's just turbulent out there.

I know it may be cliche, but, when one door closes another opens!

I am so sorry for you. I hope you can find something else soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear about your being laid off. I surely do hope that the economy hurries up and gets better. Hopefully, you'll find a better job.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear. Hang in there. Things have away of working out untill then here is a big hug.

Oh no--I am sorry to hear that. :cry:

Hang in there and if you can send out the day after your resume to temp agents and maybe you can have some kind of money coming in outside of your unemployment check. Or ride it out and relax for a bit and then head out to the temp world till something better comes along. Good luck.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry to hear that! Here's a HUG!!!

[quote=Adriane]As a lot of people have said, hang in there. I feel your pain/shock. My father was laid off 3 times in the past year, brother lost his information technology job...it's just turbulent out there.

I know it may be cliche, but, when one door closes another opens![/quote

So right!! And, so many of us have been there too!! Try not to panic and try to enjoy a new possible direction. (((quilting hugs)))Skeat

ooh I'm sooo sooo sorry to hear that. :( :( :( I am keeping my fingers crossed that the economy picks up and you are back working again.

It is a shock for sure but I know you will get through this. In the meantime take a bit of time to recharge the batteries, do some more quilting (hey, you can make lots of beautiful scrappy quilts if you can't buy any fabrics right now.. go to www.quiltville.com and you will see all kinds of great projects!!! I'm making her crumb quilt right now and having a blast with it!!)

The poor economy has not hit us here in Newfoundland. In fact it seems quite the opposite! It seems when the rest of Canada is dealing with a recession we are prospering! The provincial government just announced a $10 billion extension to the Hibernia oil field yesterday! There are job postings everywhere and people are spending money everywhere it seems! You can go to any restaurant any time of the week and it's packed and the shopping malls are always busy. I work with the Newfoundland/Labrador Housing department with the provincial government. On the wall just on the other side of my little workstation wall here, there are 3 internal job postings that will probably go external in another week time. We are doing alot of hiring the last year or so. Come over here for work!!!!
    If you worked here, we can take the lunch hour to walk to the quilt shop only a few minutes walk from here and fondle and play with all the lovely fabrics and patterns!!!

Thinking of you. Please keep us posted when something comes your way!

Cheers
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear this just remember another door will open for you hang in there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast