Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Leg pain!  Now where did this come from? >
  • Leg pain! Now where did this come from?

• Leg pain! Now where did this come from?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
    Ok I'm gonna sound stupid again but I did take one of my DH's pain pills. It seemed to relax it, which leads me to believe the pinched nerve idea. The pain pill has worn off and the pain is still gone. My leg feels tired like the muscles or tendons or something were so taunt for so long and now are relaxed. If the pain returns I will seek medical help. You all are so sweet to be so concerned! I never realized how much not having insurance was gonna affect our lives. I've had 2 drs. drop me because of it!
    All the advice you've been given about go NOW to the doctor is the best advice. I'm also a diabetic and am dealing with the numbness, etc. But, I understand not having insurance and playing the waiting game because of some odd ache that will probably go away on its own. I've done that in the past, and gotten away with it with no long term ill effects, but at age 59, just how long can I continue to play the waiting game without something bad happening??!

You mentioned that your tendons feel tight. I get wicked bad leg cramps in the middle of the night if I've sat too long during the day (I sit at a computer most of the day). If I lay there and try to do the "cat" stretch, it only gets worse. I have to get up and lean on a bureau to stretch my calfs. That and an Ibuprofen usually do the trick.

Hope you feel better soon! And, somehow get the medical coverage you need.
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
    Ok I get it, but I've had probs before that just vanish and were nothing. Now I'm just sounding stupid. I have to give it a few days to see what happens. I would be at the hospital every week if I didn't. I know I'm only 58 but I seem to be getting every elderly ailment early. I've had a triple by pass, my neck artery cleaned out, a stent put in....the list is long. Then there is this big problem....no insurance! I owe so many docs and hospitals so much money! I can't afford to lose this doc (for non payment) because she is so good and understanding. I have to pay upfront for any visit. Hubby just got his disability (at age47) . Oh I could go on and on! Thanks for caring everyone!
    Is the leg hot to the touch? If yes drop everything and get to a doctor. Which you should do anyway, for pain that bad needs to be checked out pronto!
    Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 AM
    Power Poster

You need to get this checked out right away. Don't take a chance with your leg.
    Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 AM

The leg is not hot to touch, swollen, or anything. Its like a pinched nerve or something like that.