Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Let the dogs out this morning and... >

Let the dogs out this morning and...

Let the dogs out this morning and...

Old 07-01-2010, 07:49 AM

years ago before dh and I got married we got a lab puppy. He was just a tiny thing...too young to leave his momma I now know. But oh how I babies that puppy. Sweet talked hima nd everything. Dh said I was ruining the dog that he would run from everything. One night dh decided to try it out and see. Dinky was laying on the front porch of our little trailer and dh snuck out the back door. He made it to the side of the trailer when Dinky came after him...dh barely got back in the door ahead of the dog. I just stood there and smiled. Now I sweet talk all the dogs and dh will tell everyone that the dogs would bite him if they thought he was hurting me. My big 100lb baby loves to get in my lap...well as much of him as will fit! lol!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 PM

When I go down to my land, the neighbor's dogs at the diagonally opposite corner of the road will come out in the road about halfway to my driveway which is on the other side of the creek from the corner to "greet" me when I drive up. And when I go out to work at mowing or cutting brush or whatever they come over and "check on me". I think they consider me one of "their people"!
Old 07-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Power Poster

We used to have dobermans. We had one called Shadow and my DH taught her how to smile!! So when salesmen came to the door DH would call Shadow to the door before he opened it and then he would tell her to "Smile". They couldn't leave fast enough and they never came back! LOL

Of course what they didn't know was if she was outside when someone pulled into our drive she was the first one to our door whimpering to get inside to hide! LOL