Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs! >

Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs!

Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs!

Old 07-29-2018, 05:28 AM

I'm a little like Jingle. I never wanted something that I was quite sure I could never get, so celebrity heart throbs were not on my plate. I've always felt that in every woman's life there is one guy that she would do anything for. Well, this one was in my class. Every girl wanted him. I refused to go to Sunday School because he was in there and there were about 9 girls that were just fawning over him constantly. I could not stand it.

We grew up and married others. Then when he was a washed up drug addict and I was a successful artist, we re-connected. I asked him if he would like to come live with me and run some of my businesses. That in itself was a huge mistake, but I was thrilled to have him in my life. He used me like a back door rug and it cost me but.....

He refused to live with me, and everything I did for him wasn't good enough, but he was furious if I refused him anything. Turns out he was the biggest hypochrondriac, selfish man on Earth. I helped him establish a business and then had to help him out all the time. If he helped me, he would charge me for it. I look back and wonder about my sanity.

Then one day, after he had moved into another place, his clients called me. They could not get him on the phone, but he was notorious for losing the phone. So I drove down there. I found him dead on the floor of the living room. It looked like he was sitting in his chair and then got up and only made it half way across the room, went down on all 4's and rolled over dead.

I did CPR until the paramedics got there, but they said he had been gone for 3 hours. I was questioned by the police, but cleared. It took 3 months to get the autopsy back as he was on so many prescription drugs, as he had moved from street drugs to milking doctors for prescriptions.

This new place had a basement where he had put his exercise equipment, but there was so much mold in the basement, both black and white, that you could scrape it off the walls with a knife. When he first moved in he over flowed the toilet and got all the carpet upstairs wet. I offered to help him clean it up, but no he said. It would dry. Well it did dry and mold even more. You walked into that place and the mold hit you in the face like a tank.

So he died from double bacterial pneumonia. I say it was transmitted to him by the mold spores. I think he ran on his treadmill and then sat under the air conditioner and filled his lungs. That stuff is nothing to be messed with as I had seen him Sat. morning and I found him Monday morning.

He had estranged his family so repeatedly that none of them came to the funeral. I was tasked with the whole thing. Since I was the one that called the authorities, my name is on his death certificate. He has been gone for 7 years this month.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Wow, Battleaxe, that's quite a story.

I've been married to my husband since we were both 21. That's a loooong time!
But I still have my heartthrobs As long as they stay in my head all is well!

One man who to me is about the handsomest guy ever was that darling John Kennedy Jr. My gosh, he was hot!
Old 07-29-2018, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I fell for John Saxon hard, thought he was just gorgeous. There weren’t many I had a crush on, James Darren in the Gidget movies. I remember my mother having a big crush on Dean Martin, her eyes just glowed when she watched him, then it was George Clooney, in her 80’s.
Dean Martin! I was born when he was 40.....I STILL love him.....funny, sexy..watched his TV show with the Ding A Lings.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:41 AM

Richard Chamberlain from the Thorn Birds, carried that torch for many years until I found out he played for and with the other team. Kevin Costner, George Strait. Tom Selleck in the mid years when he was a guest star on Friends.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:12 AM

Yes, Richard Gere is definitely at the top. He has a brief frontal nude scene in "Breathless" about 40 minutes in. I've watched that movie way too many times.

when I was much younger, it was Peter Noonan from Herman's Hermits. We saw him performing recently and he still looks very fit and fantastic!
Old 07-29-2018, 08:25 AM

oh my this might be the wrong topic for me...lol but i was always hung up on clint eastwood, he is so much older than me but he is soo hot, but now im hung up on jamie dornan, hes a lot younger but so sexy
Old 07-29-2018, 08:26 AM

Patty Duke
Dianna Riggs
Kate Bush
Loretta Lynn
Old 07-29-2018, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
Yes, Richard Gere is definitely at the top. He has a brief frontal nude scene in "Breathless" about 40 minutes in. I've watched that movie way too many times.

when I was much younger, it was Peter Noonan from Herman's Hermits. We saw him performing recently and he still looks very fit and fantastic!
I remember that scene!!!!!!!!!!!! It's such a trashy movie but I love it because of him! lol
Old 07-29-2018, 08:32 AM

When I was little, I had a crush on The Rifleman's son.....can't remember his name. Johnny "something". And I thought The Real McCoy's "Luke" was cute. I also liked Michael Landon when he was in Bonanza. Loved those old time series!
Old 07-29-2018, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
oh my this might be the wrong topic for me...lol but i was always hung up on clint eastwood, he is so much older than me but he is soo hot, but now im hung up on jamie dornan, hes a lot younger but so sexy
I never thought Clint Eastwoood was "hot" until I saw him in The Bridges of Madison County. Yes, he was