Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs! >

Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs!

Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs!

Old 07-29-2018, 10:54 AM

I was very young when I saw the first Elvis Presley movie. My heart left me at a very young tender age!
Old 07-29-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
Joe Namath
Kevin Costner (still, lol)
i think it's Kevin Costner who is lead character in relative,y new series on paramount channel (here, at least), called Yellowstone--- a very adult western!
Old 07-29-2018, 01:17 PM

How has no one, including me, not mentioned the very hot John Stamos?
Old 07-29-2018, 02:02 PM

What a fun thread you have started, SuzieQOH!

I liked several of the ones others picked, but some of them not at all, or I like them for what they do but not in the sense of "heartthrob". Then there are guys I don't even like, but find attractive. This happened when I was dating, too, and luckily I didn't marry one in that category. It's so interesting to compare, especially when someone finds some of the same guys I like attractive and then names other ones I find utterly revolting (for no reason I can account for!).

This is no particular rank:

Johnny Depp (Not while I was growing up because he wasn't born yet, alas! In fact, several of these guys weren't born yet, but what the heck. Others are old enough to be my father.)
Richard Gere - I loved him in several movies, particularly "Chicago". (I wonder how many of us are going to rent "Breathless" now!)
William Hurt
Paul McCartney
Jeff Bridges
Kevin Costner
John Gavin
Carlos Santana
Donald Sutherland, because of a single scene in "Eye of the Needle"
Jack Lemmon - Sweet and lovable like a puppy.
Rod Taylor
George Peppard
Robert DeNiro
Harrison Ford
Tim Robbins

I'm sure there are others who are not coming to mind. Did anyone name Robert Redford? He's one I love as an actor, and I'll acknowledge he is or was good looking, but eh! I gravitate just slightly toward Paul Newman, but not quite. Steve McQueen is another one, eye candy but not a turn on. Patrick Swayze, ditto.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

I see a lot of attractive and appealing men but have no interest in them. I have always had a soft spot for Henry Winkler. He seems like a nice man and my “type”. As far as one true love that was my first husband. Highly attracted to each other. Same values. Same town. Same religion. Parents knew each other. On paper sounded great. For the first few years it was. Then on our 11th anniversary he took me to a restaurant to tell me he was leaving me and the two small children. I thought I would literally die of a broken heart. It took a lot of time and therapy. Then I met Mr stitchnripper who on paper couldn’t be more wrong. Except for the fact we will be married 36 years next month and I trust him completely. I used to tease him that if Henry Winkler called I’d be gone. But he knew and knows where my heart is.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

RoseP- your post made me laugh!! You need to rent Breathless LOL
You are the first to mention Robert Redford, who was indeed a hunk in his prime. You named a lot of guys I forgot about, including Harrison Ford!!!!!!
I also forgot the late Sam Shepard. Very easy on the eyes.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Sam Elliot. sexy men with great voices. but then i like Jason Statham of Transporter. I used to like a young man in 8th or 9th grade that he reminds me of. short, cute, etc. Odd but true. Oh and one more I can't think the name of. not tall, bow legged and balding. cute anyway. getting old like me.
Native, are you thinking of Robert Duvall? I love that man!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

YES, Robert Duvall. my son remembered just now too. and of course Ricardo Montalbano!!! oh, tingles down my spine!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:34 PM

I see this is my age group.
When I was a teenager, I had pictures of Jack Wilde plastered all over my bedroom walls. The only movie I know of him appearing in was "Oliver", which I completely memorized.
Later, I used to listen to Morningside on CBC radio just to hear Peter Gzowski speak; his voice, ah.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:53 PM

[QUOTE=zozee;8101811]1. Randolph Mantooth (Emergency!) -my first celebrity crush

OMG Zozee! Me too, you must be in your mid 50's