Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Lets hear some pet peeves...(probably been done before) >

Lets hear some pet peeves...(probably been done before)

Lets hear some pet peeves...(probably been done before)

Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
OMG, I just though of another one, but I'm sure I'm the only person on here who has to deal with this crap...

BTW, english is not my first language either.
I envy you ..... I took two different languages for two years each in high school.........and all I speak is English.......
I think it's wonderful that one can speak multi languages.

Of course..I am here in the states and my English__SHOULD BE__ all that I need.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:18 PM

I totally agree with Debra Mc & Baren* about door-to-door solicitation. I can't even imagine people begging for money coming to my door! The salespeople, the religious proselytizers, the political campaigners and so on are bad enough.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

I am a magnet for poorly behaved people in movie theaters. Even if there are only 6 people in the entire building, there will be two numbnuts parking their chatty selves directly behind us, talking (not using the indoor voice), shaking the popcorn tub (as if treasures will rise to the top), kicking the back of my chair, and narrating the [expletive delete] story line.

I, on the other hand feel compelled to say something in my gracious way. ROFL. Pat says that going to a movie with me is always an adventure.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Dix

I was in the grocery store the other day, when a mom a 2 kids came in 4-7 maybe. They ran up and down the aisles. Mom never said a word. There was an old man at the bread aisle and the older one ran into him almost knocking him over. He said to me,"Where is the Mother", smiled and we went on. I stopped my basket in the aisle where I knew he was headed! Yep, sure enough her rounded the corner and ran right into my full basket. I was standing behind the basket so it did not move! He was on the floor crying and I never saw the mother anywhere. I know that was not nice of me, but the devil on my shoulder kept saying "Do it, Do it" so I did!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I am a magnet for poorly behaved people in movie theaters. Even if there are only 6 people in the entire building, there will be two numbnuts parking their chatty selves directly behind us, talking (not using the indoor voice), shaking the popcorn tub (as if treasures will rise to the top), kicking the back of my chair, and narrating the [expletive delete] story line.

I, on the other hand feel compelled to say something in my gracious way. ROFL. Pat says that going to a movie with me is always an adventure.
Girl, you sound like us redneck Texans. Thought we only used numbnuts here. I love it. You are so funny.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

My pet peeves are
1): signs that are still up AFTER the event is over. Latest example is our local Elementary school who had their sign saying that school was going to be closed Nov. 25-27! I mentioned it out loud last night on our way home.... and today ---- it's gone! Finally.
2) Parents who don't watch their children while in a store, especially those who don't have the little ones strapped into the buggy. (37 years ago my niece fell out of a shopping cart and broke her clavicle! - now at age 40 she is a nurse!
3) Cell phone usage while with other friends, eating out, or anywhere else.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Oh and about the "no soliciting sign", I have one too, and when someone comes to the door selling something, I ask them if they can read, they say yes, and I point to my sign and say "this is why this sign is here".

No offence to Jahova witnesses here, but they are the worst ones!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
My pet peeves are ...
3) Cell phone usage while with other friends, eating out, or anywhere else.
Half the time when someone is speaking next to me in public, I am naive enough to turn to face them. I cannot tell you the vitriolic stares I have received for "listening in" to their phone conversations! Cell phones are taking away the ability to think and act independenly. Even deciding between Coke and Pepsi has become a group decision!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Oh and about the "no soliciting sign", I have one too, and when someone comes to the door selling something, I ask them if they can read, they say yes, and I point to my sign and say "this is why this sign is here".

No offence to Jahova witnesses here, but they are the worst ones!

OMG yes.... and you don't want to be rude and tell them off, but if you weren't interested the 17 other times they came, chances are you still don't care for what they're offering!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, I don't like to be rude to anyone and I even asked them to take my name off their list, but they still come around.

One time my cat ran them off and they didn't come around again for about 6 months. LOL