Lingerie Bridal Shower

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM

Thanks Dottie!
They sure look easy!
Laurel
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM

My DD got married at Patti's 1880's Settlement just outside of Paducah, KY in their gazebo. It was a destination wedding - all we had to do is show up. At her bridal "tea" the day before the wedding, she presented all of the mothers, grandmothers, bridesmaids, a little box (cutsie boxes from the dollar store) and inside was an antique brooch - most really gaudy - but very nice - these were to be worn the next day at the wedding instead of a corsage. Very nice and no money wasted on throw away flowers. HTH
Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM

My niece gave homemade jam in a small mason jar as favors at her wedding reception (less than 100 people). They made a label for the lid that said "spread the love" and the wedding date. Another idea I thought was really cute at a friend's daughter's wedding shower they bought wine glasses at the dollar store and painted them with glass paint. Simple designs like poka dots, simple flowers. Everyone loved them and they weren't costly.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM

I have to keep up with this post. My granddaughter is getting married in Sept. and the reception will be a rustic one also. She'll enjoy seeing what you all post.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Spread the love- I love it! I made a mug rug & it came out great. Showed the gals in my weekly Bee today. We are all grateful for the good idea. The antique-ish jewelery is a great gift idea too. When my sister got married, the theme was vintage. A friend of the family gave her an old lace dress- which was remade into her wedding gown. I am trying to think of a simple craft we can do at the shower. No corny games. We will have the aunties and the NYC glam girls.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Spread the love- I love it! I made a mug rug & it came out great. Showed the gals in my weekly Bee today. We are all grateful for the good idea. The antique-ish jewelery is a great gift idea too. When my sister got married, the theme was vintage. A friend of the family gave her an old lace dress- which was remade into her wedding gown. I am trying to think of a simple craft we can do at the shower. No corny games. We will have the aunties and the NYC glam girls.
Dotty: So happy the suggestion worked out well for you & that you found a tute for the mug rugs that made my muddy directions clearer! Blessings to the bridal couple! As for a shower craft, how about simple beaded bracelets made on elastic thread/wire? Have available a wide assortment of beads, then have each person begin their own bracelet with one or two beads. After a moment or two, tell everyone to pass their bracelet to the person to their right, who will add a bead or two. Continue until the bracelet makes it back to the original owner, who ties a double double knot in the elastic wire. All supplies are available at Michael's or JoAnn's or even at WalMart. It's a special memento that brings to mind not only the bride, but the women who surrounded her with their love & support. I did this a few years ago with some friends & cousins during a weekend getaway, and I smile every time I put that little bracelet on!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:40 PM

That's a sweet idea. I think I am going to have all the guests make a fabric collage flags with lace scraps,vintage cloth,
beads, ribbon roses etc. and string them into a garland. I think I can iron on interfacing on sheets of felt. Maybe spray the backing w plastic so messages can be inscribed. Have to try it out. Then the garland can be hung in the barn where they are having the reception. Anyone ever do anything like that?