Lizard IN OUR BED!!!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Oh gosh, when still living in Texas in a rent house, I went to bed and my foot touched a Tree Roach. They are huge with barbs on their legs. Needless to say I did not go to bed until I found that thing!! That house had roaches galore. Water standing underneath and a rotting tree next to the house, etc. I was so glad when we moved. Roaches in Texas are indeed Texas sized.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Only thing we have to watch out for is a cat in our bed. She actually thinks that the queen size bed is all hers.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:16 AM

On a farm in Texas, I watch for all kinds of varmints! I go out and walk the perimeter many times a day, looking for snakes(killed three rattlesnakes with my 410 shotgun last week). A few days ago, I had a huge swarm of flying ants hatch out on south end of house and spent an hour or more spraying all around and on roof. Inside bugs and spiders are my biggest battle! I love the country, just wish I didn't have as many visitors of the non-homo-sapiens variety!! lol
Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 AM

Ooooooooo, these stories make me shiver!!! I love nature when it stays OUTSIDE!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:11 PM

When we first moved to Louisiana, my DH and I were in a hurry to shower and get dressed. So we decided to shower together. Got in shower and DH put his hands on my waist. I thought, oh he's getting romantic. But then he said there's a great big "water bug" by your feet. Some how I jumped up and out of the tub and landed in the very tiny space between the tub and the toilet. Still don't know how I managed that without falling and killing myself. He later said he wanted to make sure I didn't fall and hurt myself when I found out about the hugh "roach"
Old 08-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

ha, ha. I watched House Hunters today and a couple bought a huge house in the Country. The woman said she loved seeing the Deer and wild animals. Yeah, sure. Wait till a bear visits her, not just a big roach.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

We used to welcome lizards in the house. They used to keep the bugs down. We had one in the living room window(actually I believe a chameleon). After 3 years in the window we never saw him again. I called him Charlie! had a snake in the back yard and it had babies (called it Hazel). Never hurt anybody just hung around my Dh's container garded and kept the birds away. Yardguy mowed over her! I would've like to mowed over him. After he did that the bird ruined the garden and we ended up with an infestation of rodents. Woke up in middle of night with palmetto bug crawling on my hand, through that b****** against the wall and it woke my DH up. Saw it in the morning belly up. Have yet to have any scorpions and we live in south Texas. I miss Charlie and Hazel! Now though we are having a H******time with wolf spiders! had one in my washer one day!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:01 PM

When I lived in the Phoenix area we rented a washing machine the day it was moved into the house a scropin came in with it Later that day I was laying on the floor scorpin crawled across the floor.It made me feel creepy so I went to take a shower got in the shower a sewer roach came up the drain. I was really grossed out. Where I worked it was very common to see traratulas the size of a saucer and Rattlesnakes, Once we got into the sally port there was a rattler in the corner of sally port. believe me I was scared to death. I have always been afraid of mice so you can imagine how terrified I was.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
misspriss, we have occasional scorpions too. The first one I found was what I thought was thread in a decorator bowl, but it moved! My dh stepped on one barefoot in the tiled hallway. He said it stung more than a bee but the pain quickly left. Thankfully, I had just read that week that scorpions found in the U.S. are not poisonous.
Take it from AZ, that is not true everywhere. They won't kill you but you usually need treatment.

Last edited by AZ Jane; 08-04-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:30 PM

yeah we had dinner plate sized spiders that came into my Sedona home. Twice. After that the bug man and I were on extremely close terms. no more bugs. oh the scorpians would sneak in too but you just squished those buggers. Spiders ah no. Woke up once in southern California my sisters house. I got out of bed and there coming right after me was this big old black spider. got in the shower to discover I had a bite right on the inside of my leg next to the elastic on my panties. OMG> it was infected for almost a month. I do NOT do spiders. at all. ever. like ever. lol lizards cool enough get a shoe box scoop them outside. or a napkin or a .. snakes get a broom no big deal. heck no to the spiders in this world. you can have them . let them come eat your bugs. I have a bug man

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-10-2013 at 04:23 AM. Reason: language