Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Look What I Ordered Today............... >

Look What I Ordered Today...............

Look What I Ordered Today...............

Old 05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
To each his own. I am an avid motorcyclist. I ride an HD Road King and have ridden half way across the country and back twice. I have taken numerous motorcycle safety courses and on occasion I will ride without a helmet in states where it is legal (I'm not saying that is a good thing just a matter of choice). However to undertake a road trip of that magnitude without proper gear IMHO is asking for trouble. At the very least you should have jeans, some sort of jacket and good riding boots. You never know what kind of weather you will hit in the middle of nowhere. Hypothermia can set in just getting caught in a freak summer thunderstorm. That bike looks pretty well "beastified". You have a son who needs you. At the very least have some protective gear with you like a few extra layers and don't ride in shorts and sneakers. I figure I can tell you this until I am blue in the face and you will do what you want. All it will take is one good pipe burn and a june bug hitting you in the shin for you to opt for jeans and boots.
You definitely make a good point and I was thinking of adding a sweat shirt to the blanket. I just now was looking at a photo of the bike and I think your on to something there with the pipe burns. The pipes that will be with my bike are shorter but still in the same spot.

I just remember riding my "Choppers Inc" bike all summer last year with shorts on (I hate jeans) and never came close to getting burned. But the pipes on it were super short and tight against the motor and they dumped right at the rear of it.

I might change up the wardrobe a bit after riding it around for a week to see how it handles and acts. And your right it is a beast of a bike!

Billy
Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM

Enjoy the ride. I just saw Wild Hogs yesterday. My be u should give it a go.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

Billy your trip sounds awesome :mrgreen: Will you be taking a camera at all ? You will be visiting some really great places . And don't forget we want pictures when you met fellow board members :thumbup:

Your wife is a pretty special lady to send you on the trip of a lifetime like that :lol: Or maybe she knows you can't bring home a sewing machine with so little room :wink:

Keep us posted
Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Banned

I will have my camera with me so plenty of pics will be taken!! And I think your right about the bringing sewing machines home but I think she forgot about the USPS. :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I will have my camera with me so plenty of pics will be taken!! And I think your right about the bringing sewing machines home but I think she forgot about the USPS. :lol: :lol:

Billy
:shock: :lol: :shock: BILLY .. You wouldn't would you ?? :wink: LOL
Old 05-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Banned

Oh yeah I would!!!!

How do you think I am doing my laundry on the road........mail it back home!!

Billy
Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Just to surprise your sweet wife in a couple packages get her something nice :wink: So say on Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday you send her clothes on Thursday send her something just for her and no clothes :thumbup:
Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned

Well its time to start planning the route...... :D

So who wants to put up with me while I am out on the road? (and put me up :lol: ) I know I am stopping at Darcene's, BKinCO, Quilteraddict's, and Charlee's.

So far I know I am traveling this route:

I am going to Oklahoma City and it will be my starting point of my trip.

After Leaving OK City I am heading to Pratt, Kansas to see Darcene and see if she will let me in on some of these mother load Auctions she and her hubby go to!! And see what its like to be on a big farm!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: From there I am going to see Dodge City so I can say I got the hell out of Dodge!!!

Then from there I want to head to Colorado and I have a few things on this side of the Rockies I would like to see... Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and maybe some old ghost towns. I would like to stay somewhere in that area so if there any members around there...... :wink:

Then it will be off to the the wonderful (and very pretty) BKinCO and hang out there and see what kinda trouble she is going to get me into! :lol: :lol: :lol: She suckered me in with a trip to a car museum and quilt shops knowing that they are a weakness for me, so I have to go see her. And I imagine I will get to see the Mesa and other interest around there also.

From there I want to go to the Bonneville Salt Flats and pay homage to the sacred spot of hot roddum!!! That is so far where I know I am going I dont really know what is in Utah to see but I know I will be heading to the Grand Canyon from the area.

If you guys know of anything I need to see while I am out let me know. This will be a month long trip if not a touch longer.

Oh and I will be wanting to hit all of the National parks there are within reason.

So help the brother out and plan a trip with me!!! I want to meet as many of our members as I can while I am out and about.

Billy
Old 06-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned

Oh and here are some of the places I want to go to see on the way...

Where I want to go so far.......

Grand Canyon
Dodge City
Bonneville Salt Flats
Ride the PCH
The Grand Tetons
Mount Rushmore
The Pacific Ocean
Pikes Peak
Garden of the Gods
Mount St Helens
The Peterson Museum (all of the legendary hot rods are there)
The Sequoias
YellowStone

Billy
Old 06-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned

I see trouble coming West......;)