Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a vintage Vogue dress pattern

Looking for a vintage Vogue dress pattern

I am looking for Vogue 8012 dress pattern in sized 14 16 or 18. A 16 or 18 would be better. I will still have to alter it. But my old size 12 (sigh those were the days) is going to be more difficult to adjust.
    Thanks for looking.

Have you checked eBay? Sometimes older patterns show up there. Good luck finding it!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I have a few Vogue patterns but none are dress pattern. I agree with Neesie, check on eBay. You can submit a search save so an email is sent to you when a seller post the item for sale.

Looks like the pattern is available on Esty:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/2208743...attern-vintage
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

EBay has lots of old patterns. Good luck, hope you find it.

Look on searchtempest - it searches eBay and craigslist at the same time.

If that fails, check the costume department at colleges; they sometimes have files of patterns. That is also a good place to donate your patterns also.

Suz
    Butterick makes the Vogue patterns. And I believe Butterick is located in Altoona, PA. Write them. They may be to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sewn3w View Post
    I am looking for Vogue 8012 dress pattern in sized 14 16 or 18. A 16 or 18 would be better. I will still have to alter it. But my old size 12 (sigh those were the days) is going to be more difficult to adjust.
    Thanks for looking.
    I think your best bet is to google "Vintage Vogue Pattern 8012". All the pattern companies reuse numbers, and this 8012 will pull up two very different dress patterns, Vintage is the key word here. There are many sites out there dealing in old and older patterns, some reasonable and some not. Unfortunately, this vintage pattern comes up over and over in a size 8. Just be aware that if the pattern and size you want is in Canada, it will take much longer to get to you. More and more people are using Etsy now, and don't overlook Bonanza. I enjoy looking at the vintage pattern sites.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewn3w View Post
    Thanks for looking.
    www.momspatterns.com is what you are looking for. I think.
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Blog Entries
    Oh, i used to love making my own clothes. Good luck!

I take the Vogue pattern magazine and they carry a lot of the vintage patterns. You can contact them at [email protected] They carry a good many vintage patterns you can order. Good luck.

Is it this one from the 1970's? Lately we've been seeing a sort of revival of those styles. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1261798...FYgBaQodObsAdA

A year or so ago I, too, was looking for a vogue pattern from the '70's. I finally tracked my pattern down on Etsy in the necessary bigger size than I wore the first time around. But by the time I got it, I ran out of steam and got busy with a move. I'm glad you've reminded me of that. Maybe I really will make that dress again. Then again, I sure won't look the same as I did in 1971, and maybe it's not something I want to see on me. Even my daughter is more than 10 years older than I was when I wore it. Mine was Vogue 7761, this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/2361235...f=sr_gallery_5 This is a walk down memory lane.
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you donít need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest

Rose I remember that pattern too. I have a body shape that looks normal but is rather off here and there. Those Vogue patterns fitted me without adjustments. Sadly most websites require PayPal and I don't have an account, nor will set one up for such paltry purchases as I make. I was so hoping to find someone with an old pattern. But I guess I will adjust the one I have. it's going to be a bugger with the curved dart line but not impossible.

Thanks to all!!