Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost 11 pounds in one week...for real

Banned
    And all I did was give up white sugar and caffeine! I think Dr. Oz is somewhat responsible for this. He had a show that talked about making your own ginger tea out of the fresh herb. It's spicy, but I'll give it a try. I added a bit of honey, and for some reason, did not crave Coke or Pepsi, as I had been. So, since I have gotten bloated on new medication and have to take this stuff, I decided to stop the caffeine and what the heck, stop the sugar, too. The doc said that the meds can make me diabetic. I went into shock! Who wants an answer to one problem create a new problem for your health? So, I went off white sugar and caffeine together. 11 pounds! I put on a lot of water weight with this medicine, but the water pills didn't work. Why? Hummm. Anyway, dropping the white sugar and caffeine did work. The reports you see on the news about drinking diet-caffeine being bad for you and making you retain water and fat is true. I do not feel deprived. I am going to post what happens on this. Now, I do take honey. Do a search on honey vs. sugar. Or start reading where I did: http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/home-remedy.html. After reading this, I quit! And caffeine keeps your arteries hard for two hours after drinking it. It might dilate your arteries, but it hardens then, too. Google it. I make my own bread and don't use white sugar, just brown sugar or honey, and not lots. I'm sipping my ginger-honey tea right now. With the damage done to Japan and the radioactivity found in their tea crop, and the prices skyrocketing for that now or soon, I'm getting myself weaned off.

Keep us posted on how you do as the days go by. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Sounds like you have a good start. I have found that increasing my water intake really helps also...have replaced sodas with a variety of flavored waters.

Congratlations. Wish you continued success.

That is awesome! Good for you for taking charge of your health. I'm going to keep watching you progress too.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    That's wonderful!! I don't know Dr. Oz (I've heard of him but that's it) but I know that sugar and Coke/Pepsi aren't good for us!! Honey is wonderful- it has anti-inflammatory properties. I'm going to read the article and wish you the best of luck!! Keep up the good work :)

Good for you. Looking forward to great updates on your progress!

Congratulations! Sugar is so, so hard on our bodies. If there's only one food item to give up, sugar is a good one. Keep up the good work!!

Blog Entries
    oh shoot! i don't eat sugar or drink caffiene. sigh.
    good for you though!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info! Good luck

Try Stevia, it is a natural sweetner and very sweet. A few drops is like a table spoon full of sugar.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! I know a big part of losing weight is drinking water - but i just LOVE my diet mountain dew. I am so addicted to it it isn't even funny. Maybe i will try for every dew I drink I gotta drink 2 of water!

Quote Originally Posted by NettieBakerFabricMaker
    And all I did was give up white sugar and caffeine! I think Dr. Oz is somewhat responsible for this. He had a show that talked about making your own ginger tea out of the fresh herb. It's spicy, but I'll give it a try. I added a bit of honey, and for some reason, did not crave Coke or Pepsi, as I had been. So, since I have gotten bloated on new medication and have to take this stuff, I decided to stop the caffeine and what the heck, stop the sugar, too. The doc said that the meds can make me diabetic. I went into shock! Who wants an answer to one problem create a new problem for your health? So, I went off white sugar and caffeine together. 11 pounds! I put on a lot of water weight with this medicine, but the water pills didn't work. Why? Hummm. Anyway, dropping the white sugar and caffeine did work. The reports you see on the news about drinking diet-caffeine being bad for you and making you retain water and fat is true. I do not feel deprived. I am going to post what happens on this. Now, I do take honey. Do a search on honey vs. sugar. Or start reading where I did: http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/home-remedy.html. After reading this, I quit! And caffeine keeps your arteries hard for two hours after drinking it. It might dilate your arteries, but it hardens then, too. Google it. I make my own bread and don't use white sugar, just brown sugar or honey, and not lots. I'm sipping my ginger-honey tea right now. With the damage done to Japan and the radioactivity found in their tea crop, and the prices skyrocketing for that now or soon, I'm getting myself weaned off.
    Oh I so did NOT want to see this post. Now I HAVE to give up Starbucks. I tell you I could buy a roundtrip ticket to Europe if I dropped Starbucks! And that doesn't seem to be incentive enough. Maybe health concern will do the trick.
    You go girl.

Good for you. Congratulations.

That's great! Can you share how you make your Ginger tea please. Thanks :)

I am very proud of you! I learned about giving up sugar & caffeine when my DD was getting ready to have Gastric Bypass. The surgeon told her to forget eating anything white, any type of pop or soda's, & sugar. That sure limits ya! Drinking 1/2 gal. of water at least will really help a lot. I just love ice water with a slice of an orange in it for a change. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress. I am cheering for you! Huge Hugs

Blog Entries
    Ginger tea recipe, please??
    Thanks.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Just for your information, regular brown sugar (light or dark) is actually
    white sugar with added molasses. You can buy natural brown sugar under
    the name demerara, muscovado or turbinado.

Blog Entries
    Eat more fruits and veggies too! I have found that by doing that I feel better. Raw natural foods are the best way to go, in my opinion, and lots of water.

You did great!!!! .keep up the good work.....

wow - congrats and keep us informed!

Yes , Please share the recipe and link of the program you are on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamahippychicky
    That's great! Can you share how you make your Ginger tea please. Thanks :)
    :-D

Awesome! Will certainly consider this!!!!

I am so not giving up my coffee! It's my only vice!!!! :cry:

Blog Entries
    Congrats! thanks for sharing. I would love the ginger tea info.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast