lupus

Old 07-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by sammy89
thanks for all the replies u guys already gave me a lil hope.I also have fibro and athritis which dont make it easier.To stay out of the sun is not easy here in Texas.
We live in Houston, so she wears a ball cap alot. Her 12 yr old plays football so she uses sunscreen (had to try several brands) and hats. This always triggers her flare ups but she discusses this with her doctor so he is aware of her trigger - keep a journal when you notice simple things, gives you a time line that you'll have to use for future recognition
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM

Check out www.mercola.com. Alternative health doctor. Use the search at the top. He has a million articles. I use his sight all the time. Right now I'm dealing with gall bladder issues. Doctors want to take it out only 2 wks after having my very first symptom. What about trying something alternative first? Well that's what I'm trying to do. Seems to be working so far. Dr Mercola's site helped me a lot. He also says that over a million americans get their gall bladder out each yr, when in reality, only a few thousand really needed to have it removed. Sign up for his newsletter. They are all very interesting.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Power Poster

VISIT THE AMERICAN LUPIS FOUNDATION! they have much information - can help you with ALOT- including support group-keep you up to date on changes- help-
good place to start after your diagnosis
good luck managing- i have a sister in law who's been 10 years now dealing---thank goodness for the foundation!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 PM

Sammy, Sorry about my late response. I have Lupus too. I recommend joining a local support and online group. They were a huge help. Not that your family won't be, but no one can truly understand what it's like unless they live it. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I'll be more than happy to help or at least guide you in the right direction. Are you on Plaquenil or Prednisone?
Take care,
Kathy
Hugs xxxx I know how difficult and life changing this disease can be.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:02 PM

I have a friend and an aunt with Lupus. God Bless you and I pray that you find releif and comfort.