Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure >

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

May 2013 Weight Loss Adventure

Old 05-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Didn't realize it was Tuesday - until just a little while ago. I need to post -
Terrifit Tuesday (not a typo) Create workout playlists on your iPod to energize your cardio sessions. Put your favorite high-energy fast tempo songs in the middle of the workout to push yourself to work harder. For some reason, it's easier to exercise to music.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Knowing I'm going to check in here is helping me. My portions are a little more reasonable and I actually passed down a piece of cake from the bridal shower at work yesterday (unheard of from me!!!!). It felt good, and liberating! I went to yoga last night but haven't been walking or doing other excersizing like I shoud. One thing at a time . . .
Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM

Received FQ's today from CindyA for May and June.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

I am having a very difficult time this month which is discouraging, because of the steroids that the Dr. has me on for right now.

It was such a beautiful warm day today. The rest of the week is suppose to be warm with maybe a chance of showers some days. I love the nicer weather. I noticed I had a few more flowers in my flower garden blooming. I had planted some new perennials last year, and didn't know if I would see them this spring, but they are peeking out.

I was sewing on a little makeup case tonight to go along with a set for my great niece's 8th grade graduation coming up. I look forward to the graduation, because I also will see two boys I had as students in special education before I had to retire. They are twins, and so sweet.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM

Not doing very well this month on weight loss. I keep gaining and losing the same pound over and over. I haven't changed my diet (cheated) but the weight seems to want to stay with me. I talked to my counselor this morning and she made some suggestions I am going to try. Switching up my proteins, trying different fruits, and different starch choices...bread, pasta, potatoes. I weigh and measure everything and drink my 96 oz. of water daily. I haven't exercised much because it hurts my joints. Walking makes my hips "lock up" so I don't do much of anything. I did mop the kitchen yesterday and clean the cabinet fronts. Everything hurts today. The cloudy weather isn't helping much either. I'll survive and I will lose. I told my counselor that my relationship with fat was over, but it hadn't got the message yet! haha It keeps hanging around hoping I'll change my mind and eat something not on plan. Not gonna happen. I've come too far and my clothes are fitting better. I was down 1 lb. since Monday. My overall total since Jan. 1st is 32.2 lbs. I'm ready for another big loss to encourage me. Thanks to everyone who always says something on here to cheer me on. I know I didn't get this way overnight, but I'd like a little more cooperation from my body! haha Hope you all are having a good week.
Debbie
Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

I want to continue doing well too, but I can't seem to get things back in order. X-rays of my neck shows beginning bone deterioration. I still have to find out what's causing such bad nerve pain so I can keep on track with eating healthy.

Debbie I hope things continue on good for you. Sometimes things get stuck for a bit. lol....

Hope the best for everyone else.

Those who might not mind, I would appreciate a few prayers so I could find out what is causing such severe nerve pain. My mother had severe peripheral neuropathy in her legs and feet. She had burning type pain.

Another nice warm day outside, and everything so pretty and green.

I hope to be able to work a bit more tonight on my quilt block for a swap.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:36 AM

My it's been quiet on the thread. Seems like everyone is outside. I will most definitely add you to my prayers JuneBillie, I have often thought pain is more difficult to bear when you don't know what is causing it. Once I was diagnosed with fibro it seemed almost easier to deal with everything.

For the past couple of weeks I have only worked a couple of days, boss was on vacation. You would think I would get more walking done, but it seems like it is even harder to make myself do anything. I'm going to need to walk about 2.5 miles every day for the rest of the month to make up my miles. Maybe I would be more motivated if I was actually seeing progress on my weight loss.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Thank you lauriejo, and I too have fibromyalgia. I just came back in from being outside with my dad. We listened to the birds singing. The temperature so nice, and some of his flowers in bloom. My great niece came down for me and dad to see her all dressed up for her 8th grade dance tonight. She looked so pretty. Well, I am taking my time, but I think I will sew a few more units for my quilt block tonight for the swap. I did sew a few last night. It is so relaxing to me. Oh, I am counting my calories today, so I am trying to get back on track with healthier eating even if it's slowly. I am off the steroids for now, so maybe that is the difference. Hugs everyone.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:04 AM

I have had a busy week. I haven't even set foot in my sewing room all week. Quilt guild meeting on Tues, Wed my mom called and said she hurt her arm a little and there was a lump she was concerned about. She had stumbled going out the door and hit it on the door. When I got there the lump was just a bruise but she had split her arm open. Went to the ER for stitches. Got home late so we had pizza and ice cream. I missed my spinning class. Dad was wobbly on Thurs so I went to check him, not sure what is going on except he is 89. He is rapidly going down hill. Not sure how much longer mom can care for him. We shopped and got him a walker. He won't be happy about it. I have been elected to take it to him because I will tell him like it is. Everyone else will be too gentle with him. My DD is here for the weekend with my 2 grandsons. SO no sewing all weekend. Trying to behave myself eating thru all of this mess. Doing OK, not great. Much better than I would in the past because I am a stress eater.
Everyone have a good weekend. We finally have some decent spring weather here!!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:49 AM

We have been a very quiet group lately. How are you doing? I have been busy with work and my Eastern Star events this weekend. My year of serving is almost over.

I have been working on several swaps that I am in. Dealing with some flooding from the severe weather we got here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I am glad I only had to deal with some flooding and not the tornado damage as some are dealing with.

I am maintaining my weight, no gain no loss this month so far so I am happy about that.