Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Good afternoon.I went to the doctor yesterday,and I'm back down to 160.So got that 15 pounds off I put on 2 months ago.But been working hard.I can't exercise,so do have to burn calories from the food I eat.My doctor said yesterday "your losing weight".Last time I was there 3 months ago we sat down and went through 3 yrs of weight numbers from 250 down to 160.He got out a 1 pound glob of fat.I was amazed how big it was.Missy,it is helping others to know you can lose the weight without surgery or pills,or anything.Cause you are doing it now.There's nothing wrong with surgery to lose weight.It's better than doing nothing.I would love to have had the surgery too.But my insurance won't pay,and I can't afford it.I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,and bigger.I was ashamed I let myself get so big.I yo-yo dieted all my life.Which just made me bigger.Then I saw those diet dinners come out,they were very expensive,and I thought,well I'll get TV dinners and do the same thing.And it's worked.I am having a mental block tho on the last 40 pounds.So really need to figure out why,so I can continue on.I don't know why,unless it's because I've never been thinner.I don't know,but I'm not giving up,I'm determined to get there if it takes another 3 yrs to do it.So,hang in there and keep going.one pound loss is fantastic I think.I'll take it.The main thing for me is that I keep off the weight I've lost.I think we are all doing fantastic myself,at least we're trying.Good luck to everybody.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Good afternoon.I went to the doctor yesterday,and I'm back down to 160.So got that 15 pounds off I put on 2 months ago.But been working hard.I can't exercise,so do have to burn calories from the food I eat.My doctor said yesterday "your losing weight".Last time I was there 3 months ago we sat down and went through 3 yrs of weight numbers from 250 down to 160.He got out a 1 pound glob of fat.I was amazed how big it was.Missy,it is helping others to know you can lose the weight without surgery or pills,or anything.Cause you are doing it now.There's nothing wrong with surgery to lose weight.It's better than doing nothing.I would love to have had the surgery too.But my insurance won't pay,and I can't afford it.I just got tired of being fat and getting bigger,and bigger.I was ashamed I let myself get so big.I yo-yo dieted all my life.Which just made me bigger.Then I saw those diet dinners come out,they were very expensive,and I thought,well I'll get TV dinners and do the same thing.And it's worked.I am having a mental block tho on the last 40 pounds.So really need to figure out why,so I can continue on.I don't know why,unless it's because I've never been thinner.I don't know,but I'm not giving up,I'm determined to get there if it takes another 3 yrs to do it.So,hang in there and keep going.one pound loss is fantastic I think.I'll take it.The main thing for me is that I keep off the weight I've lost.I think we are all doing fantastic myself,at least we're trying.Good luck to everybody.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate what you said. If I did not have 250+ pounds to lose doing it on my would feel more "right" to me. I know without a doubt that if I do not get the weight off I will die. I do not want to die. I want to work hard to live. I have heard people tell me that because I have already lost almost 75 pounds that I can do it on my own. That may be true but it is not likely that I will be able to keep it off without the help of the band. I hope that made sense.

Anyway....I am glad to hear that you have been able to drop a bunch of pounds. That is a great thing to hear.

Missy
Old 05-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Xylie, how tall are you? At 160, 40 more pounds sounds like too much to lose. If you adjust that to 20 more, you're almost there. I do not want to be too thin. At my age, I think that would equate to wrinkles and I don't like those.
I have a goal weight in mind, but what I really am thinking of is a goal size. I want to able to wear my clothes that are a certain size.

lauriejo, that celiac is a tricky one. The world sticks gluten in so many places. Are you avoiding hydrolyzed yeast and 'flavorings'?

Sadly, I am back on oral steroids, plus an injection, so I am bummed big time. Usually I gain 15 pounds and keep it for a long time. I'm hoping this time will be different. The doctor thinks saving my ability to walk is more important than worrying about a few pounds. Of course, he's right. It's scary when the back is deteriorating rapidly. Enough whining. Hope everyone's having a good day.

The rheumatologist is history - next stop is a nuerologist - immediately. Such fun. I'd rather be spending the money on fabric.

May is pastels. Does that mean florals or solids? I like blenders and large florals, but I'm not going to win, for sure.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:58 PM

How many days since I have popped in? There aren't enough hours in the day.

Not sure what my loss for the month is, but I know it is at least lower than I started. I like that I'm not eating all day long, washing it down with a Dr Pepper.

MJ, I need to track my food to get a tally on my fiber. I only eat lean protein, veggies & some fruit and still take magnesium to prevent problems.

Missy, it is good to see you on more this month and that you have stayed well!

My computer time is up for now. Have a good evening.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
How many days since I have popped in? There aren't enough hours in the day.

Not sure what my loss for the month is, but I know it is at least lower than I started. I like that I'm not eating all day long, washing it down with a Dr Pepper.

MJ, I need to track my food to get a tally on my fiber. I only eat lean protein, veggies & some fruit and still take magnesium to prevent problems.

Missy, it is good to see you on more this month and that you have stayed well!

My computer time is up for now. Have a good evening.
Thank you so much! It is great to see you post.

Missy
Old 05-18-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Xylie, how tall are you? At 160, 40 more pounds sounds like too much to lose. If you adjust that to 20 more, you're almost there. I do not want to be too thin. At my age, I think that would equate to wrinkles and I don't like those.
I have a goal weight in mind, but what I really am thinking of is a goal size. I want to able to wear my clothes that are a certain size.

lauriejo, that celiac is a tricky one. The world sticks gluten in so many places. Are you avoiding hydrolyzed yeast and 'flavorings'?
I'm 5'4" and big boned,and solid.I don't look bad now I don't think.But would like to lose some more.Even 20 pounds.I think 120 is too small for me too.But "weight sheets" say I should weigh 125.
Sadly, I am back on oral steroids, plus an injection, so I am bummed big time. Usually I gain 15 pounds and keep it for a long time. I'm hoping this time will be different. The doctor thinks saving my ability to walk is more important than worrying about a few pounds. Of course, he's right. It's scary when the back is deteriorating rapidly. Enough whining. Hope everyone's having a good day.

The rheumatologist is history - next stop is a nuerologist - immediately. Such fun. I'd rather be spending the money on fabric.

May is pastels. Does that mean florals or solids? I like blenders and large florals, but I'm not going to win, for sure.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Xylie, That's a hard to read post. I hardly found your answer in with the quoted parts. Wonder why???

125 pounds at 5' 4" is for 25 year olds. If I remember correctly, you have past that. Try 100 + 5 pounds for each inch over 5 foot, then add 5 pounds for each decade past 25. You'll come out in the 140 range. Add a little for your body type and 150 sounds perfect.

For me, 5'5" (was 5" 8" before my spine started collapsing)= 125 pounds, plus 22 1/2 (5 for for each decade past 25), I could weigh 147 1/2, but I have to subtract for my small bones so I'm headed for less.

I still am more concerned about size. I need to fit in my summer clothes.

Just came in from walking the dogs. It is so pretty out at night. Now that I've caught my breath, I have an app't with my seam ripper. One whole row of the quilt I put together this afternoon doesn't look right. Note to self, do not quilt in a hurry!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 PM

Good Evening Gang!

I have been on the go all day. Aside from when driving, this is the first time I have sat down all day! Went for my walk, took off shopping. Put away the groceries, left everything else on the counters and headed outside to take advantage of daylight with no rain to work on my garden some more. Called over to a friends house. He has a bed for my girls! Yay! Also giving me a dining room table. Double Yay! He's helping me get them here on Friday. Triple Yay! Came home, still had more daylight so lugged container garden up onto my deck. Lots of trips up and down stairs. Came in when it got dark and started gutting the dining room (Alas, sewing is being moved again!)
Finally just finished putting my non-perishable purchases away, took a shower and now that it's past time to go to bed, I'm sitting down to catch my breath.
The great thing is, I feel great. Except for my feet hurting, I still feel energetic. I think I need to look into better walking shoes.

Todays goals:
Exercise= awesome amount
Water= over abundance
Food= Still not having much of an appetite. Did not eat enough today. But, I did buy a bunch of salad makings that actually looks appetizing so maybe that'll help.

Tomorrow I was supposed to be hanging out with my sis and niece as a pre-bday celebration, but that's been cancelled. Hoping to get the rooms ready for my new (to me) furniture and get my sewing area set back up.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 PM

Hey guys! It looks like by what I have been reading tonight that everyone is doing good. I am so happy about that!

I have 35 hours until I weigh in again. Let us all join our hearts and minds together and pray that I am way under 400 on Friday. I know I am not required to weigh less than 400 but if I had a 10 pound cushion that would be awesome. I am thinking after I weigh in at the hospital that I will then go to the doctor's office to weigh in there because they have the same scale that the surgeon has. I am just curious to see what the difference is in the two scales. The one at the hospital is a floor scale that can weigh people up to 1000 pounds so it is very accurate for me but the other one I think only goes to 700 so we shall see.

I promise to let you guys know and I need all of you to write lots and lots so I will be busy reading and replying to pass the time tomorrow.

I did not go to the gym today but will be going twice tomorrow.

I. Must. Do. This. The. Weight. Must. Come. Off.

Missy
Old 05-18-2011, 07:48 PM

Missy, is the room private? How many clothes can you remove? It's amazing how much clothing weighs. When I was going to Weight Watcher's years ago, I used to go in the flimiest sundress imaginable and barefoot. I had set my goal weight too low. Now, I'd just have it adjusted.

Relax, Miss Missy. Altogether now' "MISSY IS LOSING WEIGHT!" Remember, no WILL (denotes future). It has to be in the present tense. IS or AM