Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 PM

I would like to try this! Great way to support each other. I signed up for online Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and this will help keep me encouraged to eat well. Thanks for putting this together!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by LuvQuiltin
Wow......some lucky person is sure gonna get a lot of FQs! Is this the normal number of folks participating? This is GREAT! Welcome to one and all.

I've prepared my lunch for tomorrow, now to get supper ready. Bought groceries today and holy cow......thinkin my retired spouse may need to find a part time job. Prices are really up on the healthy things we now buy.
Yes, I have also always found it to be less expensive to eat junk and fast food than to eat healthy foods. I suppose though that it's like anything else....you usually get what you pay for. Once you get going I have found that more you cut junk out of your diet, the less you actually WANT to consume so there is a turning point. Best of Luck and good wishes to you!

Rose
Old 05-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

I'm in Missouri and My husband plowed the garden and we have had nothing but rain since. When the garden is going there is always something to be done out there. And your bonus is fresh veggies., Nice sweet tomatoes,crunchie cucumbers. Love the fresh zuchinni and bell peppers.We put out lots of types of veggies just not a whole lot.,as it is just us. Wish I could share this year with all of you that don't garden.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
The worst for me is the winters when I can't get out and walk.
Do you have a VCR or DVD player? How about some walking routines? I've used them in winter months when I couldn't get to the mall. I buy them used on ebay and have quite a collection of walk away the pounds, etc.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:47 PM

What's on the menu for MONDAY ?

I think it is helpful to most on a weight loss plan to make a menu of what they will eat each day. It really helps you to stay on track. Also, when there is a list of what everyone else is eating and you failed to plan your own menu it helps to look at what everyone else plans to eat. Often you will see something on the list that you have the ingredients to whip together and then you stay on track too. Just remember that it takes participation for the list to be helpful. I will start the list each day with my own plan and all of you can add your own to it. We can see how it goes this month and then decide if we should keep it going next month or not. Jump in!!

Monday Menu
Breakfast
2 egg white omelet with salsa
1 cup cooked oatmeal (no salt)w/cinnamon

Morning Snack
6-8 carrot fingers

Dinner
1 Grilled (Lo Fat) Beef Patty
1 Cup Broccoli

Afternoon Snack
1 Cheese stick (Lo Fat) or 3 1-inch cubes of Mozzerella Cheese

Supper
1 Grilled skinless chicken breast
1 Cup green beans

Bedtime Snack (before 8 PM)
1 Apple
Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Great idea Rose - I'm on the 17 day diet. I'm in Cycle 2 and tomorrow will be day 5.

Monday Menu
Breakfast
Tilapia
1/2 Cup cooked gluten-free Oats with cinnamon
apple
Green Tea

Morning Snack
Live Active culture - yogurt

Dinner
Large salad with lots of variety, Olive Oil/Balsamic vinegar dressing, with Stir Fried chicken on top
Green Tea

Afternoon Snack
2nd Fruit - orange

Supper
Grilled skinless chicken breast
Steamed Brocoli
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM

What's on the menu for MONDAY ?

I think it is helpful to most on a weight loss plan to make a menu of what they will eat each day. It really helps you to stay on track. Also, when there is a list of what everyone else is eating and you failed to plan your own menu it helps to look at what everyone else plans to eat. Often you will see something on the list that you have the ingredients to whip together and then you stay on track too. Just remember that it takes participation for the list to be helpful. I will start the list each day with my own plan and all of you can add your own to it. We can see how it goes this month and then decide if we should keep it going next month or not. Jump in!!

Monday Menu
Breakfast
2 egg white omelet with salsa
1 cup cooked oatmeal (no salt)w/cinnamon

Morning Snack
6-8 carrot fingers

Dinner
1 Grilled (Lo Fat) Beef Patty
1 Cup Broccoli

Afternoon Snack
1 Cheese stick (Lo Fat) or 3 1-inch cubes of Mozzerella Cheese

Supper
1 Grilled skinless chicken breast
1 Cup green beans

Bedtime Snack (before 8 PM)
1 Apple
I should also add that I am doing a carb stacking diet to supposedly keep my body from figuring out what I am doing and allowing me to go into a plateau again. Week one is no carbs (as in grains, pasta and rice, flour. If you wanted to super power this diet you could substitute a meal or a snack twice a day with a low carb protein shake. I would be doing that but I can't buy protein products here and the shipping to order on line makes them extremely cost prohibitive. One cup of Broccoli per day is mandatory (good thing I like it :D )
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM

Hello hello! I have 25 days until my weight loss surgery. I have eliminated all solid food out of my diet and am drinking 7 shakes a day totalling 1,170 calories. I have just a few pounds to go to meet the requirement that I have to weigh less than 400 pounds on the day of the surgery. That seems like a huge thing to me but I am going to work my buns off trying! If I can get to 390 by surgery day I will be one happy girl!!!

Tomorrow I have to go get my meds and meet with my therapist and at 1 o'clock I am going to the gym to work out. Hopefully if I work out every day and do the shakes then I can get to my goal of 390 pounds by May 25th.

May 25th is the day before surgery but it is also the day I weigh in for the last time. The surgeon said if I am not at 400 or below on that day then he will not do the surgery. Sigh. That is why I am working so hard to get under that mark. I am trying to account for any differences in the scales. PLUS I think it will prove to the surgeon how serious I am about losing this weight.

So, everybody, please pray for me and know that I will keep you updated every step along the way on my journey to a better body and a healthier life!

Love y'all!

Missy
Old 05-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by LuvQuiltin
The worst for me is the winters when I can't get out and walk.
Do you have a VCR or DVD player? How about some walking routines? I've used them in winter months when I couldn't get to the mall. I buy them used on ebay and have quite a collection of walk away the pounds, etc.
Why you little genius, you. I used to have a Walk Away the Pounds DVD. Now I'll have to go rummaging and see if I still have it or not. That's a great idea and I have no clue why I didn't think of it myself. Hope I remember this come next October
:lol:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Missy good luck and I know you can do it. Check in here for incouragement. Good luck at the doctors.mary