Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Members names and what they mean

My name is Susan and I'm a mama.... so MamaSue

Mine is self-explanatory :-)

Mine is my beloved cat's name. We were told he was a she when we got him and quickly learned he was a he, so "Katy" became "Katybob" or sometimes "Mr. Katy". He was 19 when he passed away two years ago.

My name is Cindy and I've been Forgiven by the grace of God!

I was doing a lot of Pet Portraits before my illness prevented me from doing them. It's my e-mail addy, too, so it's just stuck! i still like to do them, but quilting takes priority over all my other hobbies now! Moderation has slowed me down lol!!

Initial of name plus year born 😀
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
    Just my name
    Same as mine. I never really gave it much thought. I've been working at the same hospital for 15 yrs and this was the user name I was given for all of our systems and from their I use it for everything just change my password to keep it secure.

there is actually a thread on this that was done a while back. Not sure what it was called but probably close to yours.
    Judy

When I started on this board I was still very active with breeding/showing dogs. At the time I had many dogs in the house ... a house of dogs, of which I was the Mom. So no ... my name has nothing to do with being "in the dog house".
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed reading all the names and how creative some of the names are! I was not that creative but since I have done the church nursery for 25+ years and all the kids call me Gramma Sharon and still do, some of them in their late 20s, I chose to use that and knew it was one I could remember. Memory is not so good sometimes, especially with passwords!

Been a lover the beach all my life and still am a beachbaby

I missed the first thread, so I'm glad I caught this one. Have wondered about some of the user names. Clearly no mystery or creativity in mine.

Blog Entries
    Mine is one of my favorite flowers just spelled a little different
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

well I am a nurse, and had done Psychiatric nursing for a lot of years. Decided I would use psychonurse for all my online sewing names.
    I must have missed this thread the first time, or have forgotten. it is fun to do it.

Well, my name Snooze came from my co-worker (partner in crime) as I called him. We worked the midnight shift at a police dept. doing CSI work. The 1st 5-6 years was the toughest in getting used to staying away for me and when we had down time I'd go into my office, sit in my chair and put my feet up. You know the rest, ............yep, fell asleep. My partner would do everything he could while I was asleep, turn my book upside down if I had one open on my chest, tie my shoes together if my feet were crossed, etc. He started calling me Snooze and it just stuck. Even his kids would introduce me as Snooze to their family and friends. I finally got a specialized car tag with the name Snooze on it till I moved up to Iowa........too expensive up here to have. The 2978 part of my name was my employee number. So I've kept this name/nickname for somewhat 30+ years now.......And yes, I did finally get used to working midnights probably much better than the rest of them. I tend to stay up long nights even now since retiring in 2008. Think it was close to 2 AM last night and got up at 7:30 AM this morning.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    I love the sea and it's where I live. I grew up inland but always loved the rivers, creeks, and streams. When I saw the ocean, it was love at first sight.

When my first grandchild started talking, I wanted to be called Grandmomma. However, he could only get out
    "Namom". So from then on, and 5 grands later, I am known as Namom to all. Even my friends and previous co-workers refer to me as Namom. I love it.
    Bobbie Sullivan

Mine's just my name with ny last initial.

My name is Sandy..........My husband and I are retired so we are together nearly all the time.. Almost every morning he says to me "what are we doing today"? Nearly every time I say "I'm going to sew"....So SandySews.
    sandysews

A merry heart doth good like a medicine.

Wisdom is too high for a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by psychonurse View Post
    well I am a nurse, and had done Psychiatric nursing for a lot of years. Decided I would use psychonurse for all my online sewing names.
    I must have missed this thread the first time, or have forgotten. it is fun to do it.
    Had to laugh when I saw this one! My daughter is a psych nurse. I've told her with some of the stuff she tells us, she must be psycho to do it!

My name is pretty self explanatory also.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

My internet chat name on PalTalk was Angel with a Tude---which my friends promptly shortened to Tudey.
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Mine is a shortened version of my maiden name - originated by my mother many years ago.

Damaquilts came about simply because my granddaughter couldn't say Grandma when she was a toddler. It stuck. She is now 21. Still calls me Dama in private , she says its too much of a pain to explain in public.

I wanted Twinkie, but it was already taken. So, I went with Girlfriend, and surprised it wasn't already taken!
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

I married into mine, I am Mrs. Fitzgerald. Lots of interesting postings in this thread. Thanks, littlebitoheaven, for starting it.

Blog Entries
    well mine is Native Texan. Self explainable really. I've been out of my element for just over 25 years now. keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it home to live this year. If I can get help. Then I won't be 1,000 miles from home!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast