Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Members names and what they mean

Our family is full of M's - mostly michaels. Grandfather, husband, son and me (Margaret, even though I go by Peggy) so it was easy to use all nine of the M's to come up with my user name. The avatar is to recognize the one son whose name does not start with an M.

My name sunny42539 is nothing special. Just happened to be sunny that day and my zip is 42539

Neighbor called my husband Decky and I couldn't think of any other name. I also go by birdieone42 on other sites. I live by the golf course and live on Birdie Lane and the number is the year I was born. Yep that makes me 73, but I sure don't feel like I'm that old.
    Pat in MN

If you look closely at my picture you'll see all three dogs; Lucky (black lab), Solomon (Irish Setter) and in the back Bailey (Irish Setter). Being a child of the 70's Three Dog Night just seemed to fit. Bailey passed over the rainbow bridge 3 years ago but as you lovers of furbabies know she's always with me.

My nickname since birth is Dotty and I hate it too. I'm teacherbailey on here since my last name is Bailey and I'm.....well......you know. For 6 more years and then I'll have to invent a new name.

My oldest GD always called me Nama, and when I was sewing she would stand by the sewing machine and sing a little tune she made up...SewNama, SewNama, SewNama over and over again, so that is how my name came about.
    Brenda

When I joined the quiltingboard, I decided to change it to QuiltNama. I did not realize I had forgot the rest before I hit send.

Blog Entries
    My board name came about because of a web site that used to have you put your name in, and it would give you a fake english title. Mine came out "Lady Madam Kelly of Puddleston St. Droop". So that got shortened to madamekelly. I have since learned that I am not the only madamekelly online. My madamekelly has all lower case letters. The other one uses "Madamekelly" with a capital M, but she really is a "madam" somewhere in Paris. Lol!
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Before I moved to NY, I was a Master Gardener in Ohio and one of my specialties was gardening for wildlife. Now that I am disabled, I am having to let my well manicured flower beds become wild patches with as little maintenance as possible. Either way, I am in favor and promote having a wild yard!!!
    One of the promotions I fell for and bought both the tshirt and the sweatshirt, lol, says, "Is your backyard wild yet?" I can definitely answer YES!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

My first and middle name.....I can hear my mom yelling for me when I hear others use it.

Blog Entries
    Buenie is the nick name for the little river town I live in. Buena Vista means beautiful view according to the Indians. so I'm Bueniebabe.

A few years ago I was talking about our church picnic. A lady in California asked me If I knew her sister who lives her. I know her. Called her and asked how the quilting thing was that she went to with her sisters. She wanted to know how I knew. She couldn't believe I talked to her sister.
    Last edited by Bueniebabe; 03-03-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    I learned to sew in grade school so I've been sewing a long time. When my oldest granddaughter was born (20 years ago) I went out and bought a brand new Janome/embroidery machine. Of course with a new grandchild and new sewing machine I just went crazy sewing. Ergo - Sew Krazy Girl. But, I'm no longer a "girl" - lol!

Mine is my first name and part of my last name. Easy to remember. I have another I use in another place it is nerakeus. Take a guess what that stands for.

Blog Entries
    My last name is Stone and the biblio is because I was a librarian when I signed up on QB.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Blog Entries
    Well as you can see from my pic my cat Missy has to help me quilt. As soon as I flip the switch on the sewing machine she is on the chair, the ironing board or under the quilt I'm working on.
    Dorene

Quote Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
    I love seeing the Members names and am wondering if we could have a thread going where we can tell how we came up with our name and if it has a special meaning.
    This is so interesting. Thanks for starting. I have called my hubby Bear off and on all of our marriage. In '97 a kitty showed up at my clothes line where I was hanging clothes. He had been dumped and was in really bad shape. I took him to the vet and after a couple of thousand dollars to fix him, they wanted a name. I was going to leave him outside and feed him but I didn't want him for a pet so I wasn't going to name him. When they HAD to have a name, I remembered how he looked when I first saw him -- like if I had said Boo he would have cowered under the nearest thing. So I called him BooBear. He was a Main Coon and absolutely beautiful once he got clean and well. I had taken BaresHoney for my screen name when I first went on the computer because they wouldn't let me have BEARsHoney. So with my hubby being Bear, me BaresHoney and BooBear we became the bear family.

Mine is rather funny. I have a brother named Roy, middle initial is "L"' last name initial is "L" ( my maiden name) . Now if you're still with me, I am "RoyLLSister". It just stuck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
    Just my name
    I just use my plain old everyday ordinary name because, if I was anyone else I wouldn't remember the name, so I figure, hey, I've had this name for 76 years now and I can spell it, let it go!!!!!!! Besides, I love the name Edie. I intensely despise the name Edith. I was named after my aunt Edith and I let everyone call her Edith and I was always called Edie. I loved my aunt dearly, but I just didn't like the name Edith My husband always called me Ede and that was his term of endearment for me and no one else ever called me that.

It is my name. Edie
    Last edited by Edie; 03-04-2015 at 03:45 AM.
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

I like wolfs--therefor I use that for a name.

When I was a little girl my brother called me "Alleyoop" after the comic strip. When I got my first computer, my son set up my email and he used "alleyoop" as my name and it has been my online name ever since. P.S. Real first name is Alice.

Ordinary name, owned by thousands, couldn't get an email address that wasn't owned by someone else. Finally decided to put Polish/Czech version of my name as that is one part of my ancestry and I still had to put 'au' at the end because there were tons in America and Europe with the same monicker.

My name is Labellady. I collect clothing labels and have hundreds in my collection. I am in the process of making a quilt using some of them. A couple of ladies in my quilt group have made quilts using the labels. I am slow in getting mine done, as I have too many other projects started. I follow the board, but don't post.

Mine is pretty self explanatory too. My first name is Ann, although everyone calls me Annie. Middle initial is K and last name initial is J. I am like labellady...hardly ever post...lurk a lot and get inspiration from all you talented folks. Thanks for information, laughs, and such creativity for inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Sewflower......love to sew and was a floral designer for 25 years
    Last edited by Sewflower; 03-04-2015 at 05:51 AM. Reason: auto checked change name
    Sewflower

Blog Entries
    ok, when I started on the internet there were very few icons....but there was a sun, a light bulb to represent ideas and a smiling face....so I did my name in icons on a seniors page....and spelled it SunLite'nSmileS ... over the years (25) things and rules were changed and chat rooms closed, etc., it morphed to SunlitenSmiles....friends say it fits even though it came about in a weird way.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast