Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Members names and what they mean

My screen name use to be after my Toy poodle. When she died I had it shortened from her name, Jingleberry to just Jingle. Made me sad to see her name. I had it changed in Dec. 2010. My other toy poodle was named Mistyblue.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Yall don't laugh...... My grandpa named me Noisey , ( who knows why) and since my grand kids call me Nana . Sssssssoooooo NoiseyNana. Fits huh ??????
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

When our first grandchild started to talk, she called me Gammy, which turned into Grammy when she got a little older. It has stuck with the other four that followed. Now Gram or Grammy is what my husband, kids, nieces, grand nephews and even some of my friends call me.

Mine is the abbreviated version of my name, Brenda. Family members and very close friends call me Bren. My two nephews call me Aunt B which I also love.

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
    Damaquilts came about simply because my granddaughter couldn't say Grandma when she was a toddler. It stuck. She is now 21. Still calls me Dama in private , she says its too much of a pain to explain in public.
    When I was little I wasn't so good at the d's and g's either. I'm 24 and still call my grandparents Doma and Dompa, even in public

Mandi

I live Up North to my Grandkids and everyone in Michigan goes Up North for the weekend it seems so I am Up North.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    What we did before was about our photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
    I love this! Thank you for participating. (If we did this before, I don't remember it. Getting old is not for sissies!!!)

Mine is my first name and part of my last name. Not very original.

Blog Entries
    Mine is so original...initials and house number...LOL
    been here for 48 years, so knew I could remember the number..

My friends husband started calling me materialgrl. Fabric when I was growing up was material, so I got the name because I started collecting material. I love it.

Hoprig is the name of the old Scottish settlement 1/2 mile to the west. It was once one of the largest producing butter creameries in the state. The original settlers thought the railroad was going to come through here, but one railroad went 5 miles east and one went 7 miles west along the river. So Hoprig went by the way side. I used mom because all my son's friends know they can give me a call if they need a ride or get a rip sewed up or something else. I taught Family and Consumer science and high school special ed. I was the champion of all the students who needed extra help. Retired now and dog mother to 3 rescue dogs, a black lab, a walker coonhound and a toy mixed breed. I still help farm and I try to quilt.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I had a small craft shop in a craft shop. It was like a little 6x6' closet. I helped the owner of the little 1 bedroom house turned shop. My "closet" was called "Aunt Tessa's Treasure Closet". I had hat stands for different events and took orders. It was fun and kept me busy as if I wasn't busy enough. Worked in a salon with 3 Theresa. Had to decide how to differentiate. Since I was last hire in, I went with Tessa but we had 3 clients who were variations of the same. So I went with Tessagain. Went to use it as a user name but on couple email sites, Tessagain was taken so I dropped the upper case and came up with tessagin. it is a user on a couple other business sites. DH when he helps with setting up site profiles, he automatically asks, "tessagin?". Yep! oh and my grandmothers used to call me Tessy because Terry was a boy's name.

My husband's name is Jim and GEM is my initials. I am also his gem

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

I have worked in the pharmaceutical area for over 30 years, so my initials and pharm for pharmacy.

My name is Janice and all my grandchildren and great grand children call me Mamaw and husband Papaw but one little great granddaughter started calling me Grammy and my husband Poppie. So I'm Grammyj and he's Poppie Ray
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

My QB name is after two of my kitties, Patches and Posey. THEY were named because two of my favorite things are patchwork and flowers.
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

My husband of almost 45 years has always called me bug-short for lovebug. After the kids were grown and I started sewing and quilting all the time he started calling me his little sewnbug. Much better than his little sew and sew he calls me sometimes. lol

Doggramma is pretty obvious. My daughter has no children, only dogs.
    Lori

I have had several bassets over the years and hope to at least have a few more in my life. Basset hounds have slaves-they do NOT have owners. I am blonde albeit getting a bit grayer-hence the name blondeslave.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

I have my third and fourth chihuahuas and they are sisters. I love chihuahuas and used to dream I found one at our house when I was a child.chichimamma isn't hard to figure out! My girls will be 15 this June.

Blog Entries
    mine is my name. when I was little and now again people call me Lynnie
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

My name

Quote Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
    I love seeing the Members names and am wondering if we could have a thread going where we can tell how we came up with our name and if it has a special meaning.

I will start: My name is "littlebitoheaven". Being seniors, my husband and I decided to build (literally build) a new home on land in Wisconsin that has been in my husband's family for over 100 years. It took us six years to complete. We did hire the foundation; the dry wall and the roof to be contracted out. The rest we did ourselves. I especially loved putting in the wood floors. When we finished the house, I said that it should be called a "littlebitoheaven" as it is in a wooded area overlooking a small river. We love the serenity and the scenery and feel so blessed to have this home.
    My name is the combination of my initials and since I am Scottish it just seemed to fit!

My son's nickname is Dirty Bob. He is a mechanic and is very seldom if ever clean. Many years ago when we set up our emails he set his up as dirtybob and I was going to use dirtybobsmom, but it was taken. The only thing close was dirty1mom.
    Dirty1mom
    Cleveland, OH

I have been doing Boxer Rescue for over 25 years - so my initials JRH - Boxers is our breed - and I usually have 2 of my own. I have found that this username is usually good everywhere whether they need lettercare (upper and lower) and numbers. Seemed simple to me. It is even my License Plate.
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

Not too original - just my name!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast