Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Members names and what they mean

just my name-too many rosie's and or rosemary's!

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
    Ordinary name, owned by thousands, couldn't get an email address that wasn't owned by someone else. Finally decided to put Polish/Czech version of my name as that is one part of my ancestry and I still had to put 'au' at the end because there were tons in America and Europe with the same monicker.
    What would Jitka be in English? It is a beautiful name in Polish. (The J is pronounced with a Y sound, right?)
    Do not worry about the past, for it is history,
    Do not worry about the future, for it is a mystery,
    Only live for today, for it is a gift, that is why it is called "the present."

I have always loved the sound of the name of the capital. I choose Boston for that reason. The 1954 is the year I was born.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

pinklady- I sell Mary Kay products so I took the pink name because of the famous color Mary Kay herself liked.
    Frances
    God is so good, I need to thank him everyday for his goodness.

Mine's just my name. Everything 'clever' I tried, was already taken.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    I have always loved the wild and free mustangs that roam in custer county. So it was perfect for me. Wild and free to make quilts the way I want to.

I was really busy when I got onto the Board and all I could think of was "Wannabee Quilting". My mind was in the sewing room even though my body was doing other stuff.

My DD chose mine, she said all her life I have been sewing, painting and crafting, my name is Patricia I have always been called Pat so she came up with crafty pat as she said it suited me to a t.

I have enjoyed going through and reading about each person and where there names came from. I used my middle name Rose and well my brain gets going to far ahead of me and I do a lot of unsewing or ripping. (very impatient) so roserips that's who I am and what I do.

Am on the family farm, knees retired me from farm work and a quilter.

My sister in law's Mother gave me the name The Suz. Somehow it stuck with me and since my name is Suzanne, sometimes I use just SUZ or sewingsuz.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    A dear friend of mine bought a new house (her first) and named it Patti's Palace, scratched into the newly poured concrete patio. When I bought mine a year or so later, I referred to it as RuthiesRetreat, since I thought I wouldn't move again until a big California earthquake dumped us into the ocean. A couple years later, I got my first computer so used it as my screen name for email, and for my quilt labels, and for this site.

Mine is just my name. I added the numbers because I think there are probably 118 more maryb's out there. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
    Just my name
    I'm with you Angelia, Roberta is just my name. I've never been very original :-)

Blog Entries
    Nightquilter, I only have time to quilt at night after everyone else has gone to bed.The same is true when I made all my daughters clothes at night. It all started when my oldest daughter would stop breathing at night in her sleep, someone needed to be with her to gently nudge her so she would breath, I thought a alarm would be harsh for a young child, so I moved my machine close to her room. So the name fit.

Well....it's just what I do....walk the earth...plus I am a bit of a nature loving, recycling, fantasy buff, so I am earthwalker, or earthwalker quilts.....

A few years ago I started making these small teddy bears and giving them to people. They are only about 5 inches tall and I had written a poem to tag them with..."When you're feeling kind of lonely,and you're feeling kind of blue,
    Just hold me close to your heart, and remember God loves you."

I would take them to church and give them out and people started calling me the Teddybear Lady. The name stuck and even now when I see them that's what I'm called.

My name is Debra, but I get called Deb, Debbie, Dubby, Mom Deb, Miss Debbie( my hubby calls me this), and now my DIL's niece calls me DeeDee. I don't have any grandkids yet so I have no idea what I will be called when this happens.

It is nice to hear about all of you and your names.

Debbie

I collect angels and have well over a hundred sitting around my home. Therefore, I am angelmama to my collection. I watch over my collection as my angels watch over me. The 22 is the day of the month I was born. My real name is Jane. Love this board and all the inspiration, but I don't post much.

My maternal Grandmother was Matilda Jane and was called Jennie. I never knew her, but I feel she must have been a wonderful woman as she created my Mother. So, when I purchased my longarm (named Jennie Matilda)and was going to quilt for others, I needed a business name. I chose Jennie Matilda and Me Longarm Quilting. I shortened it to Jennie and Me for this board. Jennie and I are quite close. My given name is Phyllis.

Mine means that my first name followed by my last name initial was taken on another site that I visit frequently, so I added my last name initial again - hence, cathyvv. I guess it also means I re-use my screen names because it's easier to remember one than many!
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    I used this because I just want to be a good quilter someday! I try hard.. but so far I have mostly just sewn the tops and now I am attempting to learn to FMQ on my machine.. wish me luck !

My name is "grannie2wheels." I chose my name because I am a Harley riding grandmother . I found out two years ago that I have MS but it hasn't stopped me from doing the things I enjoy such as riding, gardening, and now--sewing.

Nickname was given to me by a boyfriend...my name is Karen last name begins with "O" thus...Karo as he claimed I was sweet as Karo syrup...LOL still like the nickname as so many people mispronounce Karen
    Karo

Quote Originally Posted by garysgal View Post
    Didn't we do this awhile back? It sounds familiar.
    Yes we did. But it's still an interesting thread to read.

When my first grandson was born, I didn't want to be called Grandma Scott. That was my MIL's name. My name is Joanne so I became gramajo.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast