Men and Directions

Old 07-04-2016, 05:17 AM

I am directionally impaired and really depend on my garmin.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

I even ask for directions in the home improvement stores. I don't like to waste time getting lost. Last year went to my friend's house after she had moved in and renovated to her liking. I printed the directions. Stopped to get gas and verified my directions. People asked DH if he was afraid for me to go 4 hours away with out him and he stated about my asking and besides I drove all the way from Indiana when I moved here in my father's borrowed pick up. Only I got stumped was looking for property near the bay here in Corpus Christi. One intersection can make the difference of 3 blocks because of the grid layout. Reminds me of a Dresden block. It is literally like that!
Old 07-04-2016, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
My husband is the only male I know that will admit he's directionally challenged (and no, he won't ask for directions). We joke that he can bend over to tie his shoes and when he stands he doesn't know where he is. What cracks me up is when a man walks up to us and asks him for directions. Husband points to me and says, "she gives excellent directions, I can't find my way out of a paper bag." The man will keep looking at him and trying to talk to him while I'm giving directions.
That is quite funny....I am also directionally challenged and have to have written directions to get me somewhere AND written directions to get me out of there and back home...lol
Old 07-04-2016, 05:47 AM

My DH does pretty well with his "internal" GPS finder, and doesn't ask directions unless it is dire. I am the one who is directionally challenged...to say the least. I find that is also affects my quilting. If there is a way to do something upside down or backwards, I'll do it! I have to rip a lot. I have to read directions a number of times and sometimes have to rewrite them in a way that makes sense for me. If I piece blocks while I'm tired or distracted, guaranteed that something will be wrong...which is very frustrating.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by SewingSew View Post
I'm so jealous of your Corvette! My dream car when I was younger was a Corvette Stingray. I hope it's candy red.
I've had 2 C6 Corvettes. My first one was LeMans Blue which is a sort of cobalt blue and then one I have now is a C6 Z06 and is color called Cyber Gray that I love. It's a pewter gray with blue, green, red and purple metallic highlights. I love it <3
Old 07-04-2016, 07:17 AM

Aren't men funny creatures? My husband won't ask for directions either but I always do. I don't like wasting time.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:26 AM

Patrice, My xream car was a candy apple red 1968 Corvette Stingray, but I think your cars are probably even sweeter. And of course you need 2... You are a very lucky girl!
Old 07-04-2016, 07:31 AM

AZ Jane, When we we house hunting, my Garmin led us to a house on a private road in the middle of nowhere. Everybody just stood in the window and stared at us. A w k w a r d!!!
Old 07-04-2016, 07:41 AM

When we were on our honeymoon, my honey-bunny went down a one-way street the wrong way. Who should be driving head-on toward him? A policeman... Yep!! You should have seen the grin on the cop's face when he learned we were on our honeymoon. My husband was totally mortified! He swore me to secrecy and he would feel betrayed if he knew that I told anyone. Oh well...
Old 07-04-2016, 07:57 AM

It must start at an early age.....A friends newly licensed teen age son drove himself to the dentist's office, a place he had been to his entire life. He couldn't figure out how to get out of the parking lot because the way he came in was a one way street going the wrong way! Had to call his mom to get directions to get out of the parking lot! It never occurred to him to look behind to see the other one way street going in the direction he wanted to go!