Mending/Repairing

Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 AM

Love it!!!!
Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
I still sew some of my clothes, especially pajama pants. I still mend rather than buy new or new-to-me. I like to upcycle clothing and crafty items. I still make curtains. AND I quilt ... and crochet .... and craft .... and read books for my enjoyment. The thing I don't like to do is to sew or mend for other people when their expectations are to get back an item that is better than off the rack. This now is my time, for me, and yes, I can be selfish, I've earned it.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

I really hate making curtains. My least favorite thing to make.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:52 AM

Yes, I actually enjoy mending things. I use the sewing machine to darn holes in pants and shirts, sometimes reinforcing with a patch if needed. Pants pockets I usually do by hand- rather than taking the seam out and replacing, I cut two patches large enough to cover the hole both inside and outside and using a darning egg stitch them in by hand-xworks well as long as there is still some good sturdy fabric left on the pants pocket to attach to and completely encases any raggedy spots. I just used my PQ1500s to replace a toggle fastener on a horse blanket- That is not something I would do on any of my other machines except possibly the Kenmore due to multiple thicknesses of very heavy elastic. Let’s see, Being short I also hem my jeans. Have been known to darn holes in bed sheets, etc.

I hate to throw things away if they can be repaired, but then I grew up in a house where we saved and reused aluminum foil until it got brittle and fell apart LOL!

Rob