Men's socks

Old 11-12-2014, 12:40 AM

Gold Toe socks at JCPenney's are superb.

Both my DH and I wear them, and I can tell you from long experience, that the Gold Toe socks last for about 2 years.

They seem pricey at first, but they wear so well and last so long that they are well worth the price!

They come in black or white, maybe gray, but not sure about that. The style that DH uses is the crew; I use the "over the calf" style - NOT a tube sock - because I like the support they provide to my lower leg. Please Note: the 'over the calf' sock style is not a diabetes support sock.

Last edited by cathyvv; 11-12-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
Because he will be setting for long periods of time you may want to consider a diabetic sock. These help to improve circulation in the feet and legs and reduce the swelling often caused from setting for long periods of time. There is little difference in the price between these and regular socks. They also come in several colors and can be purchased in the sock section at Walmart or most likely any of the stores that dell socks.

My husbands doctor suggested he wear these when he was doing a lot of traveling several years back. He really liked them and still wears them today although he has been retired for over 10 years.
What I was going to suggest. That or wool and/or wool compression knee high compression socks to keep the circulation going. You may have a hard time convincing him to wear them but if on the chance he heeds your advice he will be thanking you when he is old and you are long gone. He will see other drivers with circulation problems and heart problems and he will be trying to talk all the young drivers into listening to his Grandmother!

Thank you to your GS for his service. (Wallmart sells the diabetic socks, even)
Old 11-16-2014, 01:57 PM

I but my DH the Hanes briefs, they seem to hold up very well. I can't find crew socks that last very long, few months and he has worn them out.
I liked the socks that Sam's Club used to sell they were much better.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:05 PM

AZJane....PLEASE thank your DGS for his service to this wonderful country! (I am the Mom of a former Marine, too, so I know what you and your family experienced.)

Re: socks...Hanes all the way. Cheap, but stand up well. Underwear - Fruit of the Loom better than Hanes in my opinion.